Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

like, i legit cannot think of a worse example to bring up for movies that would be fine on tv than antichrist. you are off your goddamn rocker dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
The shining is a mans experience in childhood, the wife is a projection of his love of self.

As the moviw goes on he tries to come to terms and become a decorator.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Cubey posted:

like, i legit cannot think of a worse example to bring up for movies that would be fine on tv than antichrist. you are off your goddamn rocker dude.

I'm obviously exaggerating a little but if u think about it a great movie should at least still be good after it's butchered by a few cuts

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Beef Turret posted:

I'm obviously exaggerating a little but if u think about it a great movie should at least still be good after it's butchered by a few cuts

suspense films require a much more delicate hand to cut than usually happens for TV, though, or else the film loses its tension

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

proof of concept posted:

you know what really helps build tension in atmosphere-heavy horror movies? Loud commercial breaks every 8 minutes

To clarify, it was on my TV. It was on a no-commercials TV channel.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
ah ok then objection withdrawn

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Effectronica posted:

suspense films require a much more delicate hand to cut than usually happens for TV, though, or else the film loses its tension

Strangers on a train is legit scary

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Beef Turret posted:

not really, no. especially films by auteur directors like von trier and kubrick.

the only horror movies that are decent on tv are mindless slasher movies, which i wouldn't even really call horror movies because they aren't scary at all.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Effectronica posted:

If you're watching a movie on a network anyway you deserve to be murdered and have your meat sold to useful men like Victor Salva who will turn you into blockbuster fuel

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
The shout was a good horror movie.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Cubey posted:

not really, no. especially films by auteur directors like von trier and kubrick.

I dont think so but Ill concede this; I havent really watched tv in a long time so I dont actually remember if its really that bad with the breaks. Ill take your word for it that i'm wrong

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

SpeedGem posted:

The shout was a good horror movie.

WilL check out

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Beef Turret posted:

I havent really watched tv in a long time

congratulations on making better life decisions than me

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

mind the walrus posted:

Devil-Flanders didn't register?

aaagh now you've brought it back. "Always the one you least expect!" Also the monkey paw. "Meat's a little dry... MEAT'S A LITTLE DRY!? nooo!" :xd:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Harime Nui posted:

aaagh now you've brought it back. "Always the one you least expect!" Also the monkey paw. "Meat's a little dry... MEAT'S A LITTLE DRY!? nooo!" :xd:

Other strong contenders are the one where all the Billboards come to life, the Evil Krusty Doll, Kang and Kodos impersonating Bill Clinton and Bob Dole, the one where the school staff become cannibals and start eating the kids, Groundskeeper Willie as Freddie Kruger, Homer in 3D, Lisa creating life in a petri dish, Bart seeing a gremlin on the side of his schoolbus, and if you want to get real classic the Haunted House and Kang and Kodos from Treehouse of Horror I.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
itt goons don't like a popular thing

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Moridin920 posted:

itt goons don't like a popular thing

most goons in this thread do like this popular thing though :confused:

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

mind the walrus posted:

Other strong contenders are the one where all the Billboards come to life, the Evil Krusty Doll, Kang and Kodos impersonating Bill Clinton and Bob Dole, the one where the school staff become cannibals and start eating the kids, Groundskeeper Willie as Freddie Kruger, Homer in 3D, Lisa creating life in a petri dish, Bart seeing a gremlin on the side of his schoolbus, and if you want to get real classic the Haunted House and Kang and Kodos from Treehouse of Horror I.

also the one where homer makes the time-traveling toaster, the one where mr. burns is dracula, their king kong parody and their the fly parody
I still give it to The Shinning

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cubey posted:

most goons in this thread do like this popular thing though :confused:

all goons are pedophiles

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.
In a just world, the OP would be the homeless guy being beaten.

the damn Ruskis are back
Jan 25, 2006

And blew, Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came!
this thread is a dog man blowjob

skull wall
Jul 29, 2012

10+ years ago: commercial breaks in movies on tv were tolerable
now: not so much.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Next bad thread topic: tampons vs. maxipads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the damn Ruskis are back
Jan 25, 2006

And blew, Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came!
if this thread was a creepy twin it would be the ugly one

• Locked thread