Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Its about that time of year again. The Goon Heisman! Simply vote for your top 5 in this thread. Each week, I will update the standings. You don't have to vote every week, and you don't have to vote if it doesn't change. The only poll that really matters (aside from you know, the real one) is the final week, but its fun to see. Here is a list of candidates, but you are by no means constrained to them. If you have someone you think deserves consideration, please post about him!

Dak Prescott, QB Mississippi State
114/189, 60.3%, 1694 yards, 15/5, 121 rush for 664 yards and 10 TDs, 2 receptions for 25 yards and 1 TD
QB on the number one team in the country and for a variety of reasons (some dumb, some not) has drawn comparisons to one St. Timothy Tebow.

Jameis Winston, QB Florida State
174/259 67.2% 2279 yards, 16/9, 2 Rush TDs
QB on the #2 team and reigning Heisman Winner. A combination of things like worse stats overall, increase in interceptions, and yet even more off the field issues will make a lot of voters hesitate on listing him #1 overall.

Marcus Mariota, QB Oregon
150/218 68.8% 2283 yards, 24/1, 62 rush for 325 yards and 5 TDs
A strong candidate, especially when you look at 24 TDs and 1 INT. Finishing the season with no more losses will be his best shot.

Amari Cooper, WR Alabama
71 receptions, 1132 yards, 9 TDs
The biggest knock on him is that he isn't a QB, but the future Oakland Raider has almost as many yards as some decent QBs. He is arguably the biggest part of his offense. Six games with over 100 yards, 2 with over 200 and three games with 10+ receptions. The only bad game he less than 8 catches was Arkansas where he had 2, and that was mostly due to playcalling. Yup, if he doesn't win you can say he got Kiffin'd.

Melvin Gordon, RB Wisconsin
154 rushes for 1168 yards, 16 TDs, 1 receiving TD
Ah yes, the annual B1G RB Heisman candidate. This one is actually pretty good though. His biggest knock is going to be his team and conference, especially if they drop another game. With the Heisman, profile is very important.

Anyways, go vote, argue, and find more funny pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This is the weakest Heisman pool I can remember in some time, so I'll go full homer and throw Shaq Thompson's name into the hat.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
if amari cooper dont win im gonna do a flyover of the ceremony with spike 80-f pawwwl

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
the connor halliday memorial award

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
Fine. I'll go first. Rip me to shreds for being a homer, but without Cooper Alabama is not a top 10 team, and the offense would be anemic.

1. Amari Cooper
2. Dak Prescott
3. Melvin Gordon
4. Marcus Mariota
5. Trevone Boykin

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
1. Tevin Coleman
2. Armani Cooper
3. Melvin Gordon
4. Shaq Thompson
5. Marcus Mariota

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
1. Amari Cooper
2. Dak
3. Laquon Treadwell (RIP)
4. Mariotta
5. Scooby Wright III

1) Seriously there's not an NFL receiver that would do better if you plugged them into Alabama's offense right now
2) State is a 4 loss team without him
3) Ole Miss can't run the ball and he was their best passing threat, and that still didn't stop him. Auburn stopped him. :(
4) Has been playing behind a paper O-line half the season and still only lost to (see below)
5) Best name

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
1. Senquez Golson
2. Gerod Holliman
3. Dak Prescott
4. Amari Cooper
5. Marcus Mariota

1 & 2 - It's supposed to be awarded to the Most Outstanding Player, not the Most Outstanding OFFENSIVE player. :colbert:
3 - Leader of the #1 team in the nation, and #1 in the SEC West despite probably being 7th out of 7 in the West when it comes to recruiting, stadium, etc.
4 - He's really good.
5 - Ditto. Might be higher if I didn't live in the south/watch SEC almost exclusively and actually saw more than 1 of his games this year.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I haven't seen enough of everybody else to do a full list, but...

1. Dak Prescott
2. Mariota
3. Amari Cooper
4. Winston
5. Trevone Boykin

There's a huge gap between 4 and 5. I also wish that Heismans would stop going to QBs so much. :sigh:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Christian Hackenberg
Christian Hackenberg
Christian Hackenberg
Devin Gardenr
Christian Hackenberg

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
1. Melvin Gordon - Dude is literally running against 11 dudes in that offense every week and still produces at an insane YPC. Wisconsin barely even tries to throw the ball anymore. If they had even the slightest passing threat, I'd be terrified of what that offense can do.

2. Marcus Mariota - 24/1 on a team where he's been running for his life half the time he drops back. Give him a solid O-line, and I'd be terrified of Oregon

3. Amari Cooper - I don't think I've ever seen a dude that's consistently as open as he is against a pretty solid string of defenses. He benefits from the other threats on that team though in a way that guys like Gordon don't, which gives him some leeway to improvise.

4. Trevone Boykin - If you've actually watched TCU's offense, you understand this.

5. Jameis Winston - More INTs. Yeah. But he's being relied on a lot more this year without Freeman/Wilder to soak up more carries at RB. Inexplicably wins when he absolutely shouldn't.

N/A Dak Prescott - His passing is average for the FBS at best, and he benefits from having a devastating running back on his read option carries. He wins games, but that team lives on its defense and ball control instead of anything he does.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
1. Dak Prescott
2. Marcus Mariota
3. Amari Cooper
4. Melvin Gordon
5. Josh Robinson :colbert:

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments
1. Dak Prescott
2. Amari Cooper
3. Melvin Gordon
4. Marcus Mariota
5. Josh Robinson

I let Ben break the seal on that one.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
1. Trevone Boykin
2. Ameer Abdullah
3. Marcus Mariota
4. Melvin Gordon
5. Scooby Wright III (for reals though he's one of the best defensive players in the country)

It's a real good year for Big Ten running backs. Everything else is completely shameful.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
1. Amari Cooper
2. Ameer Abdullah
3. Melvin Gordon III
4. Marcus Mariota
5. Trevone Boykin

HM: Joey Bosa

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Benne posted:

I'll go full homer and throw Shaq Thompson's name into the hat.

He's displaying what a two way player should be. If Myles Jack could get into the conversation last year, Shaq deserves a top 10 mention.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

1. Marcus Mariotta - He runs his system extremely well. I personally don't like his system, and it sounds like I'm docking him but I'm not - it's extremely rare for a QB to do everything that his system asks him to do, and he does every bit of it at a pretty high level. His OL starters are back and it seems to have enabled him to play like he's capable of, and as such his stats are through the roof. Sounds like a good dude too.

2. Dak Prescott - I'm honestly not quite sure why I like him as much as I do. He's not an amazing passer, or even a great one, but he makes it work and is pretty mindful with the ball. He asserts a will when he plays and he runs with surprisingly good vision. Maybe losing a game will knock off my respect for him? #JustWinsGames says a lot and he's won some big, impressive games.

3. Amari Cooper/Kevin White - It's really hard to separate the two. I think Kevin's a bit smoother, a bit more dynamic, has to carry his offense a lot more than Cooper, and done it against much better defenses, but Cooper's just got so much more visibility. Not that Cooper is bad by any stretch, but it took two bad performances for Cooper to catch up to White.

4. Treon Harris - Saved Muschamp's job while only completing 3 passes, and did the impossible by somehow getting the staff to put Driskel on the bench. Truly an avatar from the heavens.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

It's a real good year for Big Ten running backs. Everything else is completely shameful.

And yet no one is voting for the best one. Coleman has more yards and a better YPC than Gordon or Abdullah and he's playing on a way worse team. He's still putting up numbers even though the QB IU has had to start for the last 2 1/2 games has a total of 35 passing yards on the year. He was even good against a MSU defense that pretty much shut Abdullah down.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
1. Amari Cooper
2. Tevin Coleman
3. Marcus Mariota
4. Melvin Gordon
5. Ameer Abdullah

HM: Shane Ray