Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm not sure 12/25 shooting for 31 points in 48 minutes counts as going off.

It's Fred Jones, though.

--

One of the Pelican fan sites wrote a somewhat humorous article about the Pelicans-Hornets game tonight. I loved the intro:

quote:

Tonight the Charlotte Hornets face the New Orleans Pelicans. The last time the Hornets played in New Orleans was April 14th, 2013. The first time the Hornets played in New Orleans was October 30th, 2002. That game was against the Utah Jazz, who used to be the New Orleans Jazz. The New Orleans Jazz last played in 1979. The Jazz didn’t become the Hornets, but the Hornets became the Pelicans. In between there was also a thing called the Oklahoma City Hornets that we’d like to forget, as well as a thing where the Timberwolves almost moved to New Orleans that nobody seems to remember. Miraculously, the Hornets returned to New Orleans, and, in its own twisted way, the Oklahoma City Hornets became the Oklahoma City Thunder. Meanwhile, a team called the Bobcats played in Charlotte where the Hornets used to play. Eventually the Bobcats became the Hornets but before that their was nearly a San Jose Hornets. One time in 2013 the New Orleans Pelicans played the Charlotte Bobcats in the New Orleans Arena, but that will never, ever happen again, unless a team rebrands as the Bobcats (Utah?). Tonight, the Pelicans, an NBA team, will play a home basketball game, in New Orleans, against the Hornets. The Charlotte Hornets. It’s confusing, but it’s happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

The Oklahoma City Hornets jerseys are so much better than the Thunder jerseys.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Inside Outside posted:

The Oklahoma City Hornets jerseys are so much better than the Thunder jerseys.

The colors are fine but the Thunder logo is awful and they plaster it everywhere

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Doltos posted:

The colors are fine but the Thunder logo is awful and they plaster it everywhere
I think the colorway is terrible

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kibner posted:

It's Fred Jones, though.

--

One of the Pelican fan sites wrote a somewhat humorous article about the Pelicans-Hornets game tonight. I loved the intro:

Did they really have OKC jerseys for the Katrina year? I totally forgot that.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm not sure 12/25 shooting for 31 points in 48 minutes counts as going off.

It does when you are Fred jones

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yeah. They also announced them as "your hometown team" while in OKC, iirc, which has gotten some idiots to always refer to the Thunder as YHT.

Lotta bitter and vindictive basketball fans down here. Mainly directed towards CP3 and OKC, though pockets of Baron Davis, Byron Scott, Shinn, and Jeff Bower hate pop-up now and again.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Doltos posted:

Since you play pickup and intramural you are probably ok with bland generic colors

It's a shame those Thunder jerseys aren't reversible

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

straight up brolic posted:

I think the colorway is terrible

Not too terrible given the 10 preset MSPaint colors.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

I remember hearing about an NBA TV subscription based alternative on here that works better. What's the link to that again? I want to watch the warriors games this year but I live in Seattle unforunately.

Edit: I think I found it, Ballstream? Bummer it seems like it's closed to the public. I filled out the form though, hopefully I can get invited soon.

Rabid Snake fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Nov 4, 2014

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Rabid Snake posted:

I remember hearing about an NBA TV subscription based alternative on here that works better. What's the link to that again? I want to watch the warriors games this year but I live in Seattle unforunately.

Edit: I think I found it, Ballstream? Bummer it seems like it's closed to the public. I filled out the form though, hopefully I can get invited soon.
Almost everyone gets an invite

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.

Rabid Snake posted:

They sent me an invite on opening night within two hours. They rock.

Anyone have any bball blogs/sites they recommend? I'll take analytics, humor, anything, I need my fix.

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

Rabid Snake posted:

You'll get an invite in like a day or two tops. I believe it's a deterrent to keep the streams high quality. Or at least that's how I like to think of it.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Jay Carney posted:

Anyone have any bball blogs/sites they recommend? I'll take analytics, humor, anything, I need my fix.

— Between Abrams and Lowe, Grantland has the most consistent long reads. Their short blog stuff is OK, not great.

— David Aldridge's Morning Tip at NBA.com reads like Peter King if he wasn't incredibly lovely.

— Tom Ziller's Good Morning Let's Basketball is a good daily roundup.

Nylon Calculus is more analytics-focused but a lot of their stuff is too dry to read.

Hardwood Paroxysm tries different stuff but the quality is all over the place and there's a lot of BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN/My Unique Experiences As A Basketball Fan.

After that you mostly have a bunch of blogs that just churn the same content in different ways.

morestuff fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 4, 2014

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jay Carney posted:

CBS Eye on basketball stuff is pretty good. I like Ethan Sherwood Strauss, Dan Devine and Jim Cavan as writers who if their name is on it, I'll read. Ethan Skolnick is great too, even if he is on Bleacher Report. The Knickerblogger guys are funny as gently caress.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

WhyteRyce posted:

Since you play pickup and intramural you are probably ok with bland generic colors

It's a shame those Thunder jerseys aren't reversible

Yeah come to think of it they look like stock jerseys handed out at a rec center. Thunder itself sorta looks like blue and white so I get why they did that, and the orange is obviously for a basketball, but the way it's pulled off looks sub-par for the NBA level.

Plus I think we're like one season away from them having all black alternates which will make even less sense.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Everything about the Thunder franchise screams computer generated team from early 2000s sports game.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
@rolopez42: Debutin the #LionKing inspired #BigSimbas tonight v.s. the Cavs @adidas #RIPCITY #Adidas #AdidasHoops #CopThoseRoLos http://twitter.com/rolopez42/status/529751214523969538/photo/1

Apparently RoLo is famous enough to get his own shoe from Adidas.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

im pretty sure that he just drew on them with marker but those shoes are amazing

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
Thanks for the suggestions guys!

And yeah, those shoes totally look like he made an afternoon project out of a bong, a sharpie, and some kicks.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

@joegoodmanjr - Chris Bosh, East POW: “I always want to be relaxed and loose and thinking the right thoughts, thinking happy thoughts like Peter Pan."

I love Chris Bosh.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

iirc they were for the last couple of home games.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Noah is out tonight for Chicago. What the poo poo.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Almost like those minute limits they went over were there for a reason

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

hitze posted:

Almost like those minute limits they went over were there for a reason

They are saying its illness.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
I thought the Spurs had to be playing tonight, but it looks like they get 4 days off after the Halloween game. Weird.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

PtR posted:

Did You Know: Ranadivé was quoted last year saying that he wants the Kings "to be like the Spurs, but exciting." You know what would be exciting? To see how long the Kings could hang in with the Spurs if Pop gave Tony Parker the game off and had Becky Hammon run point.

Spurs fans hate being called boring.

This opening schedule for the Spurs is awful. They'll be meeting the only other team in the league that's played only two games tomorrow. 2 games in 8 days, it's like they want to cram as many back to backs in as possible.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sounds like he's just sick. He's not travelling with the team to Milwaukee either.

Looks like Taj will play though and getting some minutes early in the year for Mirotic is not a bad thing.

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .

Bashez posted:

Spurs fans hate being called boring.

This opening schedule for the Spurs is awful. They'll be meeting the only other team in the league that's played only two games tomorrow. 2 games in 8 days, it's like they want to cram as many back to backs in as possible.

I pray for the day that the season is shortened, and we have to watch less mid season drudgery and less injuries and better playoffs.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9g-mEg1ZEQ

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Rose out again tonight.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

GreenNight posted:

Rose out again tonight.

Just checked my water also appears to be wet

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Its hard to play ball when you are dead

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

WYA posted:

The Sixth Man is a documentary.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

WYA posted:

He doesn't give a Buck

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

That Bulls-Magic game without Noah and Rose was an ordeal. I also had to watch Kirk Hinrich guard Ben Gordon and a part of me died.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

R.D. Mangles posted:

That Bulls-Magic game without Noah and Rose was an ordeal. I also had to watch Kirk Hinrich guard Ben Gordon and a part of me died.

I enjoyed Pau Gasol 40+ minutes in a November game.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lockback posted:

I enjoyed Pau Gasol 40+ minutes in a November game.

I miss when it used to be unusual for Pau to play less than 40+ a game.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The goofy Aaron Brooks scoop shot is my favorite move in the whole league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
This was a really cool oop to Davis

http://on.nba.com/1utA0yw

• Locked thread