Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
It would be more of a bummer if they hadn't peaked with that first album. Dude put out a bunch of korn lite also ran for the last 15 years or more. No one gets too sad when the world loses a junkie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

I.C. posted:

Is this…okay, I'm sorry about death of course, but I kept thinking this was the guy who is secretly Rob Zombie's brother and was wondering why it wasn't a bigger deal.
Or is this the same guy???

R.I.P. hombre

You're thinking of the lead singer for powerman 5000, spider (spyder?) zombie.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
I don't hate the guy but I also don't know how he remained in music until his death. Who the gently caress was funding that "solo project" of his pigsticker or whatever, who the gently caress bought the 6th or 7th static x album? How did they not go directly into bankruptcy following "shadow zone"?

Edit: now they're saying it wasn't drugs. Young people just drop dead in their sleep for no reason I guess.

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Nov 3, 2014

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

neato burrito posted:

This is so much more boring compared to anything from Wisconsin Death Trip. I quit following them after Machine but the first one was pretty good. Or maybe teenage nostalgia colored glasses blur everything, who knows.

the new codblops I think

At the time the first album really stood out to me, really interesting fusion of metal and electronics. I've always chalked it up to the member that left after the first album and got replaced by the pedo (I think?). Dude was the one with all the synth/programming credits on Wisconsin death trip so I figured the creativity went with him. Machine was such a different beast and it went downhill fast from there.
Even the Pre-Static X track Crash had a cool sound to it, the "evil disco" thing is an okay idea but it just all ended up lame generic metal noise.
Between the first 2 albums I caught a static x show where they played all of Wisconsin and all the b sides like "down". Cool loving show.

Gonna go sell this and get rich, have fun poor goons, I'm movin on up.

Someone else had the idea already, good luck gettin that 200 buddy
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=161471363841

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Nov 3, 2014

• Locked thread