Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Yeah I like the modern stuff as well in terms of providing a framework. I know the fun stuff is in the past but its that modern day framework that lets them have a consistent plot while jumping around to incredibly different time periods and settings.

That said I'm on board with dialing it back so it's optional, because I can totally get how it's jarring to people.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Nov 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

lmao they made the sarcastic geek a villain?

No he means threats to Abstergo. Those 2 are still the same dorks they always were.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Unity is back on steam (along with FC4 which mysteriously disappeared) so the rumors of uplay exclusivity seem to have been unfounded.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

GhostDog posted:

So, I completey missed when they gave out the system requirements. A GTX 680 minimum? What the gently caress?

The series is infamous for really high specs it shouldn't need. I think short of AC2 on launch they usually run fine on less than that though.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

"Transporting computer files by courier" is a common trope in cyberpunk since networks tend to be traced by the big bad evil organization.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

rizuhbull posted:

So other players won't appear with their customized assassin but a randomly generated one? I don't get it. Will the player always look like their own assassin that they've customized but everyone else will look different? I'm also wondering if there's enough multiplayer and content to warrant buying this new and not just waiting for a sale.

It's watch_dogs style MP. You always look like the main character to yourself, everyone else looks like a mook. On your friend's screen, they see themselves as the main character, and you're the random no-name.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

~*Immersion*~ probably

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Hey yell at Ubi not me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Preloads didn't used to exist at all so whatever.

• Locked thread