Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I'm still confused how a separate side scroller game counts as dlc :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The minimum requirement is just how ubisoft shifts the blame for its games always running like poo poo

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

GhostDog posted:

It's really the first time I bothered to look at system requirements in a while, so I was a bit shocked there.

And to be honest I've been eyeing a 970 to replace my 670 anyway, I just need a good excuse :)

it's not a good excuse I will make fun of you endlessly for buying a vid card based on an AC game

don't listen to me, follow your dreams

ethanol fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 8, 2014

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

GUI posted:

Is the old multiplayer still in or has that been scrapped in favour of the co-op?

it's scrapped

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

the parkour down button, i've been waiting for this my whole life

textures look nice with the lighting but i'm pretty sure red dead redemption had higher res textures in 2010

the one fight I got in so far, the fighting animations seemed really fluid and cool, but it has no indication of being more difficult than the previous games

the soundtrack is good

ethanol fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Nov 11, 2014

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

after the poo poo they've been pulling since Watchdogs I entirely welcome this being the year ubisoft gets its poo poo pushed in

they ruined tom clancy. they have to suffer

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

whatever is going on with the reviews on this game is getting really weird and shady

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

gamespot 7/10

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/assassins-creed-unity-uses-every-ounce-of-power-fr/1100-6423486/

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

this is looking to be the lowest rated ac game of the entire series

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

tune back next week when we review far cry 4, or, yet another horribly unoptimized cash cow ubisoft open world IP

let's see how they ignored consumer demands this time

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Alert, angry nerd post incoming......

Every change is worse besides the parkour down. I can't punch, grab, throw, disarm, poison, or shove the enemies. I don't know how much if any of this is supposed to be unlockable or not. Is all of this just wiped away by the new combat system? am I missing something? the combat was supposed to be better, um, it's worse. much worse. It's jankier than ever, like AC1 levels of combat here. What the hell happened in development? It's not more difficult, it's just frustratingly more clumsy.

The buttons, oh god the buttons. God bye intuitive AC controls. Goodbye low profile vs high profile context buttons. hold rt to free run, hold rt+a to climb, don't press rt, and A becomes snap to cover? really? Try to switch to fists, nope can't do that, that button is for medicine now. is the hidden blade even a weapon now? I can't switch to it.

oh yes eagle eye is inexplicably on a short timer, so instead of being a cool relaxed assassin surveying the scene, you're spilling your drink trying to find the target in three seconds. it's bound to Y now, which it remains in combat, trigger it in combat, and all your enemies glow so obnoxiously bright red for a bit, you won't be able to tell what the hell is going on screen. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature,
Lots of tailing mission - check
Instant fail stealth missions? oh, You betcha

I just witnessed a robbery and was queued to 'kill the criminal'. I kill him and get NO reward. Literally at that instant and 50 meters or away, the same exact criminal spawned. New side mission pops up, I kill him, no reward or recognition.

first chest I find tells me to install and open up the companion app. No loving thank you.

The crowds are immensely buggy, people just pop in right next to you as you run, all the time.

It just goes on and on, meanwhile the city looks really cool, and the style is right, the parkour is reasonably fun, and there seems to be some semblance of the best character development since AC2 going on. Then you go out into the open world and try to have some good old fashioned AC fun and the game just cremates your dreams with its force fed combat and bugs.

I think a lot of this can be patched to be better, and I'm still intrigued by what's going on in the plot. I don't know if I will be able to finish it or not though if I can't figure out how to throw a dude off a building soon and have yet to play a fun side mission. watching the game deconstruct itself into a series of buggy combat encounters in coop is not helping at all.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I like when you vault over something now you just clip right through whatever is in front of the obstacle

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

PopeOnARope posted:

You shouldn't have to wait a year to play the game that cost you $70.

seriously, ubisoft is what the 3rd largest game dev? self proclaimed god of open world games? they deserve no loving slack at all for releasing games in this state time and time again

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

ubisoft took our requests for more difficult combat and literally poo poo all over us with this combat system they wasted so much time and money hyping up. ugh I feel dirty for ever thinking the combat in AC would be good one day

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Is this 'kill the criminal' side mission popping up literally every few minutes for everybody? It's really getting on my nerves. how many purse snatchers are there in this idiotic city

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

In my opinion, this game is in a worse state and does more to harm the series than origins did for arkham

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Cream posted:

Must have been a slow news day at the Beeb.

Assassin's Creed glitches criticised http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-30040613
ubisoft shares dropped 12 % over this game :drat:
I hope this is finally a real wake up call for ubisoft

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

the game is playable in that you play it and it sucks worse than any other ac game for just the game mechanic reasons alone, without even talking about performance, but yes 'playable' for sure

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I'm curious if they ever got around to making that purse snapper stop appearing every five seconds in Unity, of all the things that was actually what made me stop playing

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Narcissus1916 posted:

I forgot how hilariously lovely the voice acting in the first game with Altair is. You can make the "you play as a middle eastern guy!" argument all you want, but for whatever reason he was voiced to sound like GENERIC AMERICAN MAN FROM 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs66GJp2L7M

it was played by this guy, looks pretty legit

born in chicago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I like how we've suspended belief that the animus can translate everything into english but that accent is awful

• Locked thread