Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!

canyoneer posted:

I'm waiting for the series to do a "Note: Poochie Desmond died on the way back to his home planet" and skip all the stupid animus stuff.

Yeah... He totally dies at the end of AC3. In AC4 you find video of Abstergo dudes cutting the heart out of his corpse, so he's probably not coming back. The way they handled AC4, where the animus stuff was relatively short and non-obtrusive, leads me to believe that they're listening to feedback and are using it as more background from now on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
I might be misinterpreting something here, but (fairly early and obvious spoilers) why is Arno getting blamed for his not-dad's death? Yes, he didn't deliver the note, but... the guy didn't seem to return that day. If Arno'd done his duty and stayed home until the guy (jesus did this game not make me care enough about him to remember his name) returned, the exact same thing would've happened, just without the framing. Am I missing something? I'm selling the game back tomorrow, so if there's plot clarification later (hah) I'm not going to get it.

• Locked thread