Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

macnbc posted:

I'll be the "AC Modern Day Storyline defender" again.

I like the modern day stuff. I like how it has an overarching narrative. I liked the Subject 16 puzzles in AC2 and Brotherhood and I liked sneaking around the Abstergo offices hacking poo poo in AC4. It's actually a major reason why I keep coming back each year.

Having said that, I get it's not for everyone. I thought AC4 did it best with keeping the mandatory modern-day stuff to a minimum, but having quite a bit of stuff to find if you wanted to.

But every time I see someone say "I wish they'd just give up on the animus stuff" I think "You can take it from my cold dead hands." :colbert:

Agreed. I can see why people don't like it and I can definitely think of more than a couple ways it could be better implemented, but the modern stuff is what makes the story actually interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

NeoSeeker posted:

We have watch dogs.

Which is another reason why Ubisoft shouldn't do a game with cars.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Did anyone else find two dead soldiers (one British, one French) holding hands around 632, -446 in the North Atlantic? I found them while looking for Templar relics and was wondering if it was an easter egg or just something random.

• Locked thread