Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Only Ubisoft would release three open world games within a span of eight days. I think I'm going to have to hold out for Far Cry 4 and let Unity simmer for a couple of months. Shadows of Mordor has already scratched my itch for that particular style of game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Just started playing this since it seems to be patched as well as it's going to be. Controls feel kind of slow and clunky compared to Blag Flag but maybe I'm misremembering how that one played. Did they get rid of the whistle? I can't figure out how to lure enemies away from their positions without simply getting them to come after me.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Is there a way to cancel out of Dead Kings and return to Paris? Ubisoft, in their infinite wisdom, decided to make it a fast travel point on the map placed at the same spot as the tavern. I clicked on it by accident and now appear to be committed to it way earlier on than I would want to be.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

ayn rand hand job posted:

There should be a fast travel to Paris buggy somewhere in the Windmill district, iirc.
Found it. Unfortunately gaining access to it required doing the first mission in the DLC, which turned out to be rather long and difficult.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Daily Forecast posted:

I used to care about optional objectives, even 100%'d them in the main game, but now I see "Don't get into conflict" and I'm like "hahaha, gently caress your poo poo"
I went for 100% in Black Flag and thought it was a pretty fun way to play, but the clunky cover system and other annoying changes in Unity make it too much of a chore to worry about anything other than clearing the mission.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Kuiperdolin posted:

Fireworks do what whistling used to except when a guy stands with his back to you, in which case just go ovrr thrre and kill him.
Fireworks were implemented well in Freedom Cry but are a terrible substitute for the whistle here. They're good if you're above guards and want to lure them into air assassination range but for simply getting a guard to look around a corner or near a hiding spot I find them annoying to use. The fact that they've replaced an infinite resource with a limited one also sucks.

CharlieWhiskey posted:

I also miss double assassinations.
They're still in but you have to spend skill points to get them. They really made some pretty poor design choices in this game and it's particularly glaring coming off of Black Flag.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jan 18, 2015

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

CharlieWhiskey posted:

I bought the skill but can't consistently execute a double when running up on 2 dudes. :shrug:
Well now you're just asking for too much. There's pretty much nothing in this game that can done consistently.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

muscles like this? posted:

Maybe I'm just missing something but I can't figure out the puzzle in Dead Kings with the plates and torches, the one in the tomb with the ghost.
Is that the one where the camera locks in place? I only solved it through trial and error. Instructions did pop up saying to use the lantern to look for clues but either there was some glitch or I somehow missed it because I sure didn't see one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Crappy Jack posted:

The phrase "Never Again" permanently branded on the hands and foreheads of all staff members involved in the creation of Initiates and the Unity Companion App.
The question is did they patch it out because they realized how terrible it really was or was it just because of the various technical difficulties they had.

• Locked thread