Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noirex
May 30, 2006

I'm excited about how most (or every?) building's interior are actually created and so Arno can move in and out of them seamlessly. It's pretty much what I wanted since the first game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noirex
May 30, 2006

They already have a rather major female Templar character in the main game. Can't they use her animation/model etc?

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Figured that was probably the real reason which is depressing to think about. Read somewhere that the Asscreed franchise is incredibly popular among women players though, who are already making up half of the gaming population. It's like they don't want our money or something.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

GreenManGaming had a nice discount code for 23% off recently bringing Unity down to $46ish. Keep an eye out, I'm sure they'll do something like that again soon.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Someone got a copy early and his impressions seem fairly positive. http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/2lmzv3/no_spoilers_got_the_game_early_from_amazon_i_will/

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Full play through of AC:Rogue - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oAUnDHGnCk

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Some people were asking about Uplay preloading...there is NO Uplay preload for North America - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/946383-Get-ready-to-Pre-load-Assassin%E2%80%99s-Creed-Unity

So if you bought the game directly or through the Pick Your Path offer, well looks like you're hosed regarding that for now.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Shooting Blanks posted:

Wait...what? I literally just preordered the game via GMG 2 minutes ago and it's letting me preload as we speak, at 1.8 MB/s.

Edit: Maybe I'm misreading it and that only applies if you bought the game via Uplay, and not from a 3rd party vendor? :psyduck:

I got my copy through the video card deal and it's not letting me preload. So maybe it's specifically no preload for that deal and buying directly through the Uplay shop, which is really stupid and makes no sense whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Alter Ego posted:

So I'm a huge fan of the Assassin's Creed series...loved the Ezio trilogy, loved Black Flag, even liked AC3 because hell, it was Assassin's Creed during the Revolution and I'm a huge history nerd. These games are usually day 1 purchases for me.

However, reading the system requirements for Unity and hearing all the trouble everyone's having, should I skip it for the time being? I want to get it for PC and I'm pretty sure my rig will have a SHITLOAD of trouble running it, but it's Assassin's Creed and I have a hard time saying no.

After turning off vsync and changing to borderless windows, med textures/shadows/FXAA etc it's running well for me. Not buttery smooth but very playable with some minor stuttering. It's still very pretty too. I'm enjoying the game so far, the protagonist is likable in an Ezio sort of way and the new free form feels fluid. Just don't expect anything mindbogglingly different from the usual Asscreed game play, I don't see why you would regret it if you're already such a big fan.

• Locked thread