Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

ArbitraryC posted:

It's a deal, any goons wanting in on the action should keep us updated itt, honor system.

gonna do it! really need a break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ethanol posted:

they will sue you and the government will garnish your wages for years

its been like 4 years since i left college. they havent been that aggressive. is it because it was all fafsa stuff and state colleges? my sister went to a private university, didnt pay her poo poo, and got her wages garnished like a month after she defaulted

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

TEAYCHES posted:

so when the department of education takes my money in the tax return, is the dept. of education paying themselves off or paying that random collection agency off?

"why are you telling me to stop posting, You are like all rude and verbal and stuff".

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

ArbitraryC posted:

I will not drink just to spite you

Sure you will. If you even remember this tomorrow. What's the longest you've been sober in the last year?

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

ethanol posted:

if you default on your loans, the entire loan will be sold to a collection agency who will charge you interest and a substantial collection fee every month until you start paying them back, and you will not be able to move the loan out of the agency unless you pay it off in full with all charges or pay ~12 month 'restitution' payments at which point your loan payments will show up on your credit history

if you don't pay the collection fee, they will take you to court and garnish your wages for years

well it comes off in 7 years, you guys probably won't remember this when you wake up though.

quote:

Federal law requires the lender to report the original delinquency date of the account that led to charge off and any subsequent collection efforts. The original delinquency date is the date from which the seven year period is measured.

The original account and any subsequent collection accounts are deleted seven years from the original delinquency date. Because each account must include the original delinquency date, none should return to your credit history.

Collection agencies may continue to try to collect the debt, however, even after it has been removed from your credit report.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Magnus Gallant posted:

You guys are drunk as gently caress and won't follow through tomorrow.

I'm on vacation, so gently caress you.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Baba Ganoush posted:

well it comes off in 7 years, you guys probably won't remember this when you wake up though.

wait so in 3 years my defaulted student loans dont affect my credit? that loving owns

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

my goal is that the amount of effort and cost the collections agency spends towards attempting to collect my student debt exceeds the amount they will actually get from me in the end

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

TEAYCHES posted:

wait so in 3 years my defaulted student loans dont affect my credit? that loving owns

yeah, my credit score jumped over 50 points the month my cap1 default fell off my report. now only have some ps about a 60 day late payment on a student loan, but it is aging. just lay low for seven years and you can recover, i get cc offers daily in the mail.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

TEAYCHES posted:

its been like 4 years since i left college. they havent been that aggressive. is it because it was all fafsa stuff and state colleges? my sister went to a private university, didnt pay her poo poo, and got her wages garnished like a month after she defaulted

The reason this is happening to you is because collection agencies have figured out if you don't answer your collector phone calls, they can just rack up the charges and interest for years, as they have completed a service in trying to collect your money, which you have ignored... they make more money this way when you eventually get sued as all your poo poo has racked up to thousands of dollars profit for them.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Magnus Gallant posted:

Sure you will. If you even remember this tomorrow. What's the longest you've been sober in the last year?
I periodically take a week or two off if I feel like I've been having too much but if I'm not trying not to drink I just sorta do so naturally, I would say a typical day after work is 3-6 beers, weekends if I have plans and stuff to do are similar but if it's just a saturday where my only objective is sitting around I might nurse stuff all day. I'm less of a binge drinker and more of a consistent drinker, the kind of person you hit a bar with and wonder why they seem normal when you're starting to regret that last drink.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
i think it's extremely important that if you are going to waste your time on the internet, you should yourself be wasted as well

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ethanol posted:

The reason this is happening to you is because collection agencies have figured out if you don't answer your collector phone calls, they can just rack up the charges and interest for years, as they have completed a service in trying to collect your money, which you have ignored... they make more money this way when you eventually get sued as all your poo poo has racked up to thousands of dollars profit for them.

can i argue in court that i shouldnt be held responsible for financial decisions i made when i was 17

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
I've been dry for two weeks and going now. It's amazing how you start caring about stupid inane everyday poo poo without the comforting haze of alcohol. I wish weed was legal.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
As I wrtite this there is a toxx clause on me, the average human walks, 3 mph. In or before 10:45 my face will be revealed. Unless i'm killed walking to the store to buy another handle of gin. If thats the case, I let you down, and forever lost to history.

its 32 degrees out, arent you cold? nah

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

TEAYCHES posted:

can i argue in court that i shouldnt be held responsible for financial decisions i made when i was 17

probably not gonna fly

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/09/business/once-a-student-now-dogged-by-collection-agencies.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

quote:

Since he left college in the late 1970s, Mr. Chaskin has largely ignored his student loans — until June, when a federal judge ordered him to turn over $8,200.

Mr. Chaskin had borrowed $3,500 in federally guaranteed student loans to attend Northwestern Michigan College, a community college. He did not graduate. The federal government sued him in 1997, but over the next 15 years he made only five payments.

Last January, a lawyer in Michigan working on contract for the government was alerted to a credit check for Mr. Chaskin. The lawyer filed a garnishment order and discovered a brokerage account with nearly $20,000 that Mr. Chaskin said he had opened with disability checks.

By the time the government caught up with him, Mr. Chaskin owed more than $19,000 in accumulated interest and penalties, but the judge reduced the amount to $8,200 after Mr. Chaskin pleaded for a break.

“If you wait long enough, you catch people when their guard’s down,” said the lawyer, Charles J. Holzman, who was rewarded with more than 25 percent of Mr. Chaskin’s payment.

ethanol fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Nov 3, 2014

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
dunno at low point in my life i was drinking a 30 pack a night if you drink less i guess you are normal?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

speedgem, the reason why you shouldnt post is because the posts you make are mostly a conversation you are having with yourself. you could accomplish the same thing by opening up the notepad application on Microsoft Windows and typing up the next great american novel

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

TEAYCHES posted:

speedgem, the reason why you shouldnt post is because the posts you make are mostly a conversation you are having with yourself. you could accomplish the same thing by opening up the notepad application on Microsoft Windows and typing up the next great american novel

i kind of enjoy observing his mind, personally. He def shouldn't post threads, tho

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

whatever, i will only pay my student loans if forced to by the state. i want to waste a lot of people's time for it, including state and judicial workers. if they are going to collect too much money at the end after i contest the lawsuit and determine they will make more cash than they spent on the lawsuit ill just shoot myself and tell my parents not to sign anything

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

TOILETLORD posted:

dunno at low point in my life i was drinking a 30 pack a night if you drink less i guess you are normal?
How do you even pull that off? That'd be like 3 beers an hour for 10 hours. I can go through a decent amount of alcohol but at some point if it's beer I slow down because it's too much volume.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

thats like half your evening pissing in the toilet

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

TEAYCHES posted:

might do this myself. what are some good ideas to write about, will do it tomorrow while i am sober. maybe start with just a short story to get started. plz post ideas, i need something to do tomorrow and don[t want to die from alcoholism, i am getting scared straight :ohdear:

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

ArbitraryC posted:

How do you even pull that off? That'd be like 3 beers an hour for 10 hours. I can go through a decent amount of alcohol but at some point if it's beer I slow down because it's too much volume.

i'm a loving unkillable animal as far as i can tell since i did that for almost a year and am still healthy according to my doctor.

or i got a con of 2nd ed dnd of 18

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
They all sing the same refrain. Put acid in your braain./

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

ArbitraryC posted:

3 beers an hour is nothing. i drank 9 last night in an hour on this very forum. please respond to my pm btw thnx.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
im gay, yes, and never stop drinking

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Michael Corleone posted:

might do this myself. what are some good ideas to write about, will do it tomorrow while i am sober. maybe start with just a short story to get started. plz post ideas, i need something to do tomorrow and don[t want to die from alcoholism, i am getting scared straight :ohdear:

start a dream journal

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Michael Corleone posted:

3 beers an hour is nothing. i drank 9 last night in an hour on this very forum. please respond to my pm btw thnx.

sad i used to drink at least 12 a hour min when i could buy beer from work for 5 cents a can.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06X5HYynP5E

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

The most I've had is 18 over the course of an afternoon and most of an evening. That resulted in the worst hangover ever, and the only time I've missed work due to alcohol. I'm guessing hes extremely fat?

skeletonotherkin fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Nov 3, 2014

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

TOILETLORD posted:

i'm a loving unkillable animal as far as i can tell since i did that for almost a year and am still healthy according to my doctor.

No I mean like if you pushed me I could probably drink a bottle and a half of whiskey/vodka in a day, I'd certainly feel it the next day and it's not something I normally do but tbh I know my tolerance is high enough that if I spread it out over a day I could handle that. But 30 beers? That's over 10.5 liters of fluid. I'd have trouble going through that much water.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

ArbitraryC posted:

No I mean like if you pushed me I could probably drink a bottle and a half of whiskey/vodka in a day, I'd certainly feel it the next day and it's not something I normally do but tbh I know my tolerance is high enough that if I spread it out over a day I could handle that. But 30 beers? That's over 10.5 liters of fluid. I'd have trouble going through that much water.

i just can? i'm pear shaped and can just eat or drink a gently caress ton.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
yeah at the height of my heavy drinking I would do like 20 beers over a 12-14 hour period, 30 beers is just loving nuts

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
:siren: CHALLENGE THREAD IS UP! :siren:

Let's move this conversation over here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3678545

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Poetic Justice posted:

yeah at the height of my heavy drinking I would do like 20 beers over a 12-14 hour period, 30 beers is just loving nuts

sad baby man i'd do 30 beers in 3 hours or less.

statim
Sep 5, 2003
I stopped for 4 months this summer. I felt awful but then kept feeling awful, had expected that after the withdraw went away I would have more energy and perhaps some interest in life. Nope. Gained 30 lbs and went from 29 to 34 waist. In order to even enjoy music have to drink think am pretty broken.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
I thought about inventing a swallowable tasteless shot of alcohol with a dissolvable packaging. You swallow it like a vitamin. I think I should proceed with that due to resent developments.

Granted I bought a 24 pack to drink tonight, it's going to take to long to drink the last 1/3rd of it though and my gf is going to beat me so I wish it was in pill form.

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001

TOILETLORD posted:

You must not have told your doc you were drinking 30 beers a night then cuz otherwise he'd have taken a gander at your liver and :vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

statim posted:

I stopped for 4 months this summer. I felt awful but then kept feeling awful, had expected that after the withdraw went away I would have more energy and perhaps some interest in life. Nope. Gained 30 lbs and went from 29 to 34 waist. In order to even enjoy music have to drink think am pretty broken.

i stopped drinking for like 2 weeks last month and i found the following facts:

every morning getting up is still stringing expletives and hate and just loving dreading everything i have to do at work. i still time my sleep to "wake up" at the last moment possible to be on time for work and not really eat breakfast even though in reality im just anxiously falling in and out of consciousness in a half-nightmare/dream about work
i am still manic and at my best at like 8pm-1am at night. that is the only time my mind feels clear and productive
i still dont have a single thought during the day that is unique or useful, i literally cant think during the day

i honestly think i need some kind of night job because i cannot loving deal with this 8-5 poo poo

• Locked thread