Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Michael Corleone posted:

I post a lot in the drinking threads, drink a lot in real life, am drunk right now, and blacked out yesterday after a forums drinking contest with "the" jackyl. Also, when I get drunk I post pics on here and really shouldn't.

Well was going to post a poll, but f'ed up bc i am an idiot.

The choices are:

Yes
No
im gay
OP I've been drinking a lot and sometimes wonder if it's a problem too. What say we start a gbs challenge and forgo drinking for a week just to prove we can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Michael Corleone posted:

i think we should start at a day lets do it tomorrow! should b cool and maybe some goons will support us in our quest to drink less.
It's a deal, any goons wanting in on the action should keep us updated itt, honor system.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Magnus Gallant posted:

You guys are drunk as gently caress and won't follow through tomorrow.
I will not drink just to spite you

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Magnus Gallant posted:

Sure you will. If you even remember this tomorrow. What's the longest you've been sober in the last year?
I periodically take a week or two off if I feel like I've been having too much but if I'm not trying not to drink I just sorta do so naturally, I would say a typical day after work is 3-6 beers, weekends if I have plans and stuff to do are similar but if it's just a saturday where my only objective is sitting around I might nurse stuff all day. I'm less of a binge drinker and more of a consistent drinker, the kind of person you hit a bar with and wonder why they seem normal when you're starting to regret that last drink.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

TOILETLORD posted:

dunno at low point in my life i was drinking a 30 pack a night if you drink less i guess you are normal?
How do you even pull that off? That'd be like 3 beers an hour for 10 hours. I can go through a decent amount of alcohol but at some point if it's beer I slow down because it's too much volume.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

TOILETLORD posted:

i'm a loving unkillable animal as far as i can tell since i did that for almost a year and am still healthy according to my doctor.

or i got a con of 2nd ed dnd of 18
No I mean like if you pushed me I could probably drink a bottle and a half of whiskey/vodka in a day, I'd certainly feel it the next day and it's not something I normally do but tbh I know my tolerance is high enough that if I spread it out over a day I could handle that. But 30 beers? That's over 10.5 liters of fluid. I'd have trouble going through that much water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Poetic Justice posted:

i had mastered the ability to constantly be drunk, but not too far gone. I think I might have vomited from alcohol like three times in my life. I always preferred being buzzed/drunk from like 5pm until 4am instead of just trashed for 4-5 hours
Yeah this is my style but with the clock shifted to make it seem more inappropriate. I literally had a couple fingers of vodka in a lowball in my hands at like 10:30 today. Over the entire day I've probably only had half a fifth but it's still obviously a bad habit.

• Locked thread