Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Abortion should be illegal, and punishable the same as murdering a child, because life begins at conception, and murdering a developing child is no different than murdering a 5 or 6 year old child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Go bomb a clinic.

Please do not bomb any clinics

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

abortions for some

miniature American flags for everyone

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
If aborting a kid because you just can't be bothered to raise it is okay, is it also okay to abort a kid because you find out it's a girl/retarded/etc?

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
make it mandatory for supporters and illegal for opponents

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Pigs are smarter than babies, but we kill pigs all the time and no-one really complains.

I'm not saying be a vegetarian, I'm saying kill babies. Even once they're out.

Sidecrab
Jul 16, 2012

Only the top 10% should be allowed more than 1 child. The middle 65% should be allowed 1. The bottom 25% should not be allowed any.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
it should be illegal to pull the plug on a brain-dead person for the same reasons
and no death penalty
and universal healthcare

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

It should be mandatory for all

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Sidecrab posted:

Only the top 10% should be allowed more than 1 child. The middle 65% should be allowed 1. The bottom 25% should not be allowed any.

People should be allowed to have as many kids as they want.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
We should get one free murder pass. You can use it to kill a person obviously, but it counts if you get an abortion. So you can have the kid, you know, test drive it for awhile. Then if you decide it's not for you, kill it.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I'm pro life too

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
i'm gonna show how much i love jesus by killing someone after they killed someone despite one of the few rules in his guidebook saying don't kill people

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

All men should have a vasectomy until they apply for a licence to make a baby then have their vasectomy reversed until fertilization, then redone.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
We celebrate our birthdate from our day of birth, and calculate our age the same way OP. :shrug:

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Luvcow posted:

We celebrate our birthdate from our day of birth, and calculate our age the same way OP. :shrug:

What does that have to do with anything?

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
The last thing in the universe we need is more unwanted children that can't or won't be properly taken care of. It sucks for the kids, it increases crime, it ruins society.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
that whole Freakonomics thing about unwanted children leading to more crime was really shoddy science and probably bunkum btw

Arri
Jun 11, 2005
NpNp
lmbo op just found out their mom didn't have the guts to do what needed to be done

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

The Dennis System posted:

The last thing in the universe we need is more unwanted children that can't or won't be properly taken care of. It sucks for the kids, it increases crime, it ruins society.

You think we should murder children because there's already "too many", thats pretty fuckdd up dude.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Fargo Fukes posted:

that whole Freakonomics thing about unwanted children leading to more crime was really shoddy science and probably bunkum btw

Even if it was bunkum, unwanted children still cause countless problems. And also fetuses aren't children, just like acorns aren't trees. And forcing women to give birth to unwanted, and uncarforable fetuses is immoral.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Even if it was bunkum, unwanted children still cause countless problems. And also fetuses aren't children, just like acorns aren't trees. And forcing women to give birth to unwanted, and uncarforable fetuses is immoral.

When do you define humans as humans? When theyre born? Is a pre-mature baby not a real human if its younger than most babies still attached at the umbelical cord? Fetuses are living human beings, and being ok with murdering them because their mother is poor or young or their father is a rapist is super hosed up. Of course I should probably expect that from a person who compares the value of a humans life to an acorn tree.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

I agree that black people should die.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Mulefisk posted:

If aborting a kid because you just can't be bothered to raise it is okay, is it also okay to abort a kid because you find out it's a girl/retarded/etc?

Yes. It is ok for any reason no matter how capricious.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Nacho Destroyer posted:

What does that have to do with anything?

Legally your life starts at birth, otherwise you still a part of mom.

Also:

AYOB - abort your own baby :cripes:

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
20-24 weeks is a good cutoff. Much past that and they're potentially viable.

etherealshaq
Mar 6, 2010

COME DOWN AND EAT CHICKEN WITH ME, BEAUTIFUL. IT'S SOOOOOOOOOO DARK
So should all miscarriages be investigated as potential murders then

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i've murdered children twice today already

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Abortions will happen period. This isn't about a matter of opinion, regardless of law, availability and safety they will happen. If a woman can't get it done in a clinic, she might do it in a wall-mart bathroom. The real truth of the matter is people are only seeking out to punish women. In particularly underprivileged women who need help most.

Also, this is a great article anytime this comes up debate comes up. Its all well and good that you want to take rights away from women, but at least admit that its just for women from social strata you don't like.
The only moral abortion is my abortion
http://mypage.direct.ca/w/writer/anti-tales.html

I would argue that if men were the ones to carry babies, not only would abortions be universally legal, it would be so common that there would be a wide range of places to go too. There would be the cheap, but kind of gross Chain abortion clinics, probably one of them owned by McDonald's, and then there would be classier abortion joints, which are nicer but more expensive. Of course there would be loyalty cards for the classier joints, probably punch cards for the cheaper places (Hey, I forgot my punch card last time, can I combine these two cards so I get my 11th abortion free?). And for the truly frugal, there would be DIY kits, probably a shop-vac attatchment or something.

Also, if people truly cared about children their focus would be on sexual education, availability of birth control, social security nets, funding for children s recreational activities etc etc, but nah! gently caress those dumb loving sluts for getting preggers, amiright?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
there's like 8 billion people on this hosed up planet already we really don't need to 'be fruitful and multiply' like a bunch of crazed duggars any more

also if we had some halfway decent sex ed in our schools then cheerleaders wouldn't get knocked up all the time

abort away, kids

flush 'em out and flush 'em down

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress sluts, USA NUMBER 1 OORAH

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Abortion should be illegal - NAMBLA

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
flush flush flush flush

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Luvcow posted:

Wait so abortion is okay except for East Asians? That's like the opposite of what I'd expect

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
also newborn infanticide really isn't as bad as killing like a year old babby deal w/it (it's still bad tho)

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
It bothers me that often doctors will allow a woman to die for the sake of the baby being saved. Like thats pretty hosed.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
my mom is pro-abortion. not just pro-choice, but actually against people bringing fetuses with severe disabilities to term. she's literally a eugenicist (though not a race-based eugenicist. in fact if you asked her she'd probably say that breeding outside your own ethnic group is best because your kids will be less likely to have abnormalities caused by genetic bottleneck.)

e: when she miscarried, she just said to herself "drat, that sucked and was painful, but the fetus was probably hosed up to begin with, it's cool." then she had me the next year. my parents only wanted the one kid, so i literally owe my existence to that miscarriage

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Nov 3, 2014

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i think all our abortion clinics should be closed and then moved and reopened in poo poo countries, where we make abortions mandatory.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Luvcow posted:

Legally your life starts at birth, otherwise you still a part of mom.

Also:

AYOB - abort your own baby :cripes:

Slavery used to be legal, laws arent infallible, just because a baby is attatched to their mother doesnt mean theyre not alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001
The legality of abortion doesn't actualy affect the rate of abortion, op.

• Locked thread