Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Signed up, requesting beta key or w/e

epicbaconwincar username: titties

Please point me to the system requirements for the game, I can't find it on the website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

titties posted:

Signed up, requesting beta key or w/e

epicbaconwincar username: titties

Please point me to the system requirements for the game, I can't find it on the website.

Hi titties,

I checked your ID in the website and everything's OK. You've got the beta access already linked to your account.

Regarding the system requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:

CPU: AMD Athlon64 X2 5600+ or Intel Core 2 Duo or better
RAM: 2 GB RAM
VGA: Radeon HD 3850 or GeForce 8800 GT or better
DX: 9.0c

Recommended System Requirements:

CPU: AMD AFX-4300 or Intel i3 or better
RAM: 4 GB RAM
VGA: Radeon R7 240 or GeForce 540 or better
DX: 9.0c

Thanks a lot for your comment and helping us do the testing!!!

gghani
Nov 3, 2014
Exciting news!

We're thrilled to introduce two new game's songs including our main theme!

Here, you can listen to “Burning Wheels” by Javi Diez from Mägo de Oz. This song will be our main theme from now on!

https://soundcloud.com/dragonjam/for...-wheels-teaser

Next one: “Dark Night” by David Miralles. This song will sound while drivers compete in a circuit from Castelul Bûna Moartem stage, a spooky and frozen land where you’ll race through a ghostly graveyard, a destroyed church or even the dungeons of a mysterious castle.

https://soundcloud.com/dragonjam/for...k-night-teaser

Awesome, right? The truth is that we had a blast when we heard them for the first time, we couldn’t be more happy with this.

We'd really like to hear your first impressions on the songs!

Thanks in advance!

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

I'm really interested to see how a racing game is a MOBA, signed up as radiationcow.

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

Radiation Cow posted:

I'm really interested to see how a racing game is a MOBA, signed up as radiationcow.

Hello Radiation Cow,

Well, I don't want to dissapoint you, this is not a MOBA. This is, in overall, a mix between a Kart racer and an Arcade racer, focusing on muliplayer online gaming and picking some features like those from MOBA games.

Especifically, we took inspiration for MOBA games to develop our Teams Mode.

This will be 4 vs 4 races where players will be divided into two teams. Whenever a teammate uses his driver's special skill, it will remain avaiable for a limited time for you to use it too, even though it's not the special skill which belongs to the character you chose. Besides, every time you use your Special Skill it will become more poweful (or will last more time), turning back to its initial point when you start a race.

Too bad, Teams Mode won't be availabble from the start, we're currently developing it and will arrive with our first major update.

I checked your registration and everything is ok!! You are now in the beta for sure!

Thanks a lot for your comment and helping us testing the game!!

Sir Pukesalot
Nov 3, 2012
When will betas start? I am pretty excited to play this!

How are you planning to distribute this when you are finished. I get that you will use your own website, but are you going on :steam: greenlight? Cd's?

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

gghani posted:

Hello Radiation Cow,

Well, I don't want to dissapoint you, this is not a MOBA. This is, in overall, a mix between a Kart racer and an Arcade racer, focusing on muliplayer online gaming and picking some features like those from MOBA games.

Especifically, we took inspiration for MOBA games to develop our Teams Mode.

This will be 4 vs 4 races where players will be divided into two teams. Whenever a teammate uses his driver's special skill, it will remain avaiable for a limited time for you to use it too, even though it's not the special skill which belongs to the character you chose. Besides, every time you use your Special Skill it will become more poweful (or will last more time), turning back to its initial point when you start a race.

Too bad, Teams Mode won't be availabble from the start, we're currently developing it and will arrive with our first major update.

I checked your registration and everything is ok!! You are now in the beta for sure!

Thanks a lot for your comment and helping us testing the game!!

Oh, okay, that sounds cool. I'm terrible at racing games, but I really like your artstyle so far.

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

Sir Pukesalot posted:

When will betas start? I am pretty excited to play this!

How are you planning to distribute this when you are finished. I get that you will use your own website, but are you going on :steam: greenlight? Cd's?

Hi again Sir Pukesalot,

First of all, sorry for the delay in my response. We just came back to work today after enjoying a christmas vacation break.

We still don't have an exact betas release date. We are at one point in our development where still unexpected issues may appear and cause delays. Due to this, we don't want to give a date we can not fulfil. We've got a meeting this week to try to schedule the last stage of the development and put a final release date, our intention is to do launch it in 2-3 months approximately.

How will we distribute the access to the game?

First, as you say, we'll activate the accounts of everybody who signed up at our site and give them access to the last alpha version prior to the closed-beta. We'll send you an email announcing this (we'll update you in here at something awful too) and then a banner will appear in the website once you're logged in where you will be able to download the game.

Afterwards, we'll surely give some promo beta codes to gaming websites. We're still studying how we will do this, but I can say that we will probably use a website which manages all the process of delivering and activating the codes.

Regarding Steam: We'd like to be there from the start but the truth is that we won't be able to make it on time. So, first we'll release the game by ourselves through our website and our own servers, and later on, in a second phase, we'll consider launching a Greenlight campaign and put the game available on Steam too.

Thanks a lot for your comment and support!

gghani
Nov 3, 2014
News!

It’s been a tough month full of intense work, but it also brought highly gratifying results. In this update we will show you some screenshots which illustrates our progress, don’t hesitate to leave a comment expressing any thought you may have on this. Feedback is much appreciated!

Drivers:

Menu Screens

Circuits

At the moment we are implementing each car's final handling, this means that soon we'll be able to make a new gameplay trailer (our current trailer is waaaay too old).

Besides, we've decided that finally, we will change the game's name. We took into account the feedback received (some of you didn't like the name at all) and there also was a risk of some legal conflict because of using the word "Formula"....so we decided to change the name. We'll announce the new one soon!

Thanks for the support!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

silver mcarrow is a terrible name for a dude that is just begging for something referencing like, fire or flames in his name. there are zero silver or arrow things on this dude. other than that the art is actually really good, also put a circus gorilla with shades in this

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

MinibarMatchman posted:

silver mcarrow is a terrible name for a dude that is just begging for something referencing like, fire or flames in his name. there are zero silver or arrow things on this dude. other than that the art is actually really good, also put a circus gorilla with shades in this

Mmmmm, feedback received regarding Silver McArrow's name! Don't you thing that a flame-related name would be too obvious? Dunno, something like Flaming Pete?

GUYS, WE ARE REALLY CONSIDERING TO CREATE A PLAYABLE CIRCUS GORILLA DRIVER AS NEXT CHARACTER!

Thanks for the comment! ;)

gghani
Nov 3, 2014
Hello everyone!

Wow!, it’s been a loong time since last time I posted here on our progress. Almost two months of hard and intense work that had its results as you are able to see. First and foremost, our most important news….we change our game’s name!

From now on, our game will be named Wincars Racer!!

Reasons why?  In fact, many factors have made us take this decision. First, your opinion. Many of you have said that you didn’t like the name, and truth is that we weren’t completely happy with it either. We put it provisionally, then time went on….and well, you know how these things work. Besides, we had noticed that the game was been perceived as a Formula 1 game, when we’re more into the arcade & karting gameplay adding strategy. Lastly, there were many people who warned us about the risk of facing a legal conflict with Formula 1 trademark, having been previous cases where other titles had been sued for that.

So…new name! We still use the word Wincars cause we are already known for that name and will help people find us in google and stuff like that. 

We’ve algo taking advantage of this opportunity to launch a new image in our website and make a new promo image taking into account all the feedback given by you.

At last, new gameplay screenshots:

We also got made the cards for all circuits which will be displayed when choosing the one to play in.

And finally….the cars! We’ve got now more than 100 different models. In next updates, I’ll explain how different they feel when it comes to drive them and all differences between them, today I’m just going to post some pics to let you see our progress in this and hear what you think about how they look so far:

This is a good example of how changing skins will affect to the same car. These following two images belong to the same car ( a Mignon) but they’re set up with two different skins (we’re developing an internet-based game….there must be cats!!!)

This is a detail that nostalgic racers will sure appreciate!

As always, we’d love to hear your opinión on our work, what you like better and that sort of things. You can ask us whatever that you feel like or thow any crazy idea that you’d like to see in the game. Believe it or not, we take them into account for real!

And don’t forget that you can still sign up for future closed-beta acess in our site at https://www.wincarsracer.com
Greetings from the dev team at DragonJam!

P.S. I’m going to check if there’s any chance of changing the thread’s title to reflect the change in the game name

gghani
Nov 3, 2014
Hi again…

…we’re thrilled to show new Wincars Racer game footage! :D :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z20KXJ2xykI

We really wanted to show some “in-movement” stuff where you can appreciate how the game is getting better as the development goes on.

This video is part of a blog post to be shared tomorrow where you will be able to know more details about the handling and feel of each of the 4 car series present in the game.

New game images:

This is one of the fake ads than will be placed in certain spots of the circuits whose intention is to give a real-life feel to the game’s universe. We’ve even made some of them featuring the game’s characters as media stars announcing commercial products like soda and stuff like that….

A close-up shot at the Dawn Of the Racers brand new car skin (all these skin names are still provisional, so we’d appreciate some feedback on them… and you can even suggest your own ideas to name them!)

The Wild One car skin for Carelle model. Personally, my favorite among all skins we’ve made so far….

A gameplay screenshot that will help you to get a quick overview of how racing trying to avoid giant rolling stones will be in Isla Aventura

Finally, Bradley using Rocket Rush Special Skill in its higher level, which is basically three huge turbines on full throttle giving your racer an extra boost. Using it wisely in the right moment will allow you to change race positions completely.

We’d really appreciate if you could leave your opinion about this update, both the video and the images. Ideas & suggestions are much welcome!!

If you like the game so far, you can go sign up at our site and you’ll have future closed-beta access guaranteed so that you will be able to be the first ones to play it and help use with the testing and balancing the game.

Greetings from the entire dev team!

Sapato
May 31, 2005
:)
Hi, im interested in the game but it won't let me sign up for the beta on your site. It keeps highliting my email address in red, when I click submit.

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

Sapato posted:

Hi, im interested in the game but it won't let me sign up for the beta on your site. It keeps highliting my email address in red, when I click submit.

Ooops!

It doesn't appear in our DB.

Could you please provide us more specific details of the issue?

Buy the way...thanks a lot for signing up! ;)

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

gghani posted:

Ooops!

It doesn't appear in our DB.

Could you please provide us more specific details of the issue?

Buy the way...thanks a lot for signing up! ;)

Or even better, if you prefer you can mail us at contact@dragonjamstudios.com and we'll try to fix the bug privately

gghani
Nov 3, 2014
Hello everyone!

It’s been a month and a half since last update so today there is a lot of new stuff to show you.

More than 100 new skins appear in the game!

Up to this point, for the development tests, we just used one skin of each of the eleven car models. So it was time to finally introduce the special models.

We are tripping!

Here you can see a few real screenshots so you can have an idea of how they look and the current state of the game:

New cover!

At last an image that truly presents the game.

The challenge was to create a cover that conveyed the emotion of the races while presenting the pilots and the cars in an attractive way. Truth is we think we have succeeded in doing this and we are very happy with the result.

We want to say a big thank you all for the feedback that you have given us on the temporary images that we have been using previously, it has helped us a lot when it came to visualizing the final version.

Final web design

We are working on the website’s facelift which has been a development blog up to now, and which will be, from this point on, an integral part of the game.

This way it will become the fundamental tool in order to download the game and also the meeting point to Racers worldwide.

Checking that everything works fine

If we talk about functionalities, as you can see in the picture, these sections have already been added: News, The Game, Gallery and Community, and inside this last one, you’ll find the awaited Forum. Social media have more weight too, adding the Facebook widget in the side bar.

Rear view

As soon as the game started working as we wanted it to work, and the races started being fun, balanced and frantic, we realized that it was time to work on the rear view mode.

Although we still have to assign it to a definite button and work out a few details (remove certain particles and camera effects which don’t make sense for the rear view), the first tests have been a complete success, and have added a lot of value to the gameplay.

Turbo particles

We have improved its particles and truth is it’s amazing. We are very proud of the visual feel that you get when using the Turbo. You can see it in this image:

Introducing the drivers

Same as with the game cover, it has been decided to present the pilots in individual illustrations using their exclusive special ability.

At this time we have started working with Montana Dom!

That’s all, we’re really happy with the idea of sharing our progress here in the boards and listen to opinions, ideas and suggestions directly from you.

Greetings to everyone here at Something Awful!

gghani
Nov 3, 2014
Hello everyone....

Time has come!

We're thrilled to announce that tomorrow, Thursday 3rd starting from 13:00 Pacific Time to 15:00 Pacific time (20:00 UTC to 22:00 UTC) Racers from all around the world will measure their skills playing Wincars Racer for the very first time!

If you are interested in taking part of this, here are the instructions to download the game: http://bit.ly/1LFmXjb

Once the test is finished you'll receive a survey via email to share your thoughts on the game so far and give feedback. Of course, you can also post a message here in the Forum!

See you at the races!

gghani
Nov 3, 2014
Hi again,

Last weekend, we showcased the game at Madrid Games Week and truth is that it was an absolute success:Wincars Racer was awarded as Best Debut Game! :D :D :D

Undoubtedly, this award belongs to you too. You who helped us with the Alpha tests, who usually give us feedback on the game's progress and all of you who just read this thread on a regular basis.

Congratulations!

There's a new post in the devblog featuring lots of pictures of all the action that happened these days at the fair: http://bit.ly/1huig0U

Besides, the new trailer released for Madrid Games Week is now avalaible to watch online!

As always, feedback is much appreciated!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-KAmGbuqsw

gghani
Nov 3, 2014
Hello everyone,

Today, we're thrilled to announce that...

You can play Wincars Racer Beta now!

How to Download the game

It's fairly straightforward if you already signed up at our site. Just log in at Wincars Racer site and download the game.

http://www.wincarsracer.com

Otherwise, you need to sign up and redeem a Beta Key, though, there will be a Beta Key for everyone here at Something Awful who asks for one!

That's our way to express our gratitude to everyone who gave feedback or just followed the game progress in this thread.  

Check out the new game trailer released to announce the Beta. It's the best we've done so far!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT15-20k1W0

Thanks for everything and see you at the races! ;)

lolasaurusrex
Feb 8, 2013

Signed up on the site.

Username is "lolasaurusrex".

Congratulations on posting a "check my game out" thread and delivering something that isn't total dogshit!

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Feedback #1: The new name is even worse than the old name, by a lot. I'm actually having a pretty hard time thinking of a more terrible name.

Feedback #2: Everything else about the game looks well done and really fun. Congrats on getting this far!

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

lolasaurusrex posted:

Signed up on the site.

Username is "lolasaurusrex".

Congratulations on posting a "check my game out" thread and delivering something that isn't total dogshit!

Thanks a lot lolasaurux for your kind words!

By the way, check your mailbox, got a Beta Key waiting for you there!

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

MrTheDevious posted:

Feedback #1: The new name is even worse than the old name, by a lot. I'm actually having a pretty hard time thinking of a more terrible name.

Feedback #2: Everything else about the game looks well done and really fun. Congrats on getting this far!

Thanks for the sincere feedback. I'm afraid it's a bit too late for the name, but we take note of that!

Best.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Grats on sticking with it for a whole year. Might want to go ahead and update your OP for people who stumble on this now.

lolasaurusrex
Feb 8, 2013

I've downloaded the client and managed to get it to update (although the updated freezes every so often and requires a restart).

I'm now stuck on the login screen. Once I punch in my username/password it gets stuck on the connecting screen.

If this isn't a known issue, I can send you my specs and steps to recreate etc via email.

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

CrashCat posted:

Grats on sticking with it for a whole year. Might want to go ahead and update your OP for people who stumble on this now.

Thanks a lot CrashCat!

Yeah, I should update the OP.

The thing is with this Beta launching I'm kinda busy at this moment. I'll update it as soon as I got some time!
:)

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

lolasaurusrex posted:

I've downloaded the client and managed to get it to update (although the updated freezes every so often and requires a restart).

I'm now stuck on the login screen. Once I punch in my username/password it gets stuck on the connecting screen.

If this isn't a known issue, I can send you my specs and steps to recreate etc via email.

Hi lolasaurusrex

Yes, It's a known issue.

How to fix it:

The thing is that even though it seems that the launches freezes, truth is that it's not freezed BUT it takes a long wait to finish. Besides, once you cancel it and launch it again, the download files gets corrupted and will never work.

-Uninstall the game > Make sure to delete all files installed in your computer > log in in the site and download the launcher again > Install it again AND do not stop it, just wait until it's finished for sure.

This worked out well for other players experiencing same issue.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this bug and THANKS a lot for taking part in this Beta Testing!

lolasaurusrex
Feb 8, 2013

gghani posted:

Hi lolasaurusrex

Yes, It's a known issue.

How to fix it:

The thing is that even though it seems that the launches freezes, truth is that it's not freezed BUT it takes a long wait to finish. Besides, once you cancel it and launch it again, the download files gets corrupted and will never work.

-Uninstall the game > Make sure to delete all files installed in your computer > log in in the site and download the launcher again > Install it again AND do not stop it, just wait until it's finished for sure.

This worked out well for other players experiencing same issue.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this bug and THANKS a lot for taking part in this Beta Testing!

Ah right, I'll give it a shot when I get home!

When you have time to update the OP, maybe include a list of known bugs and workarounds.

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

lolasaurusrex posted:

Ah right, I'll give it a shot when I get home!

When you have time to update the OP, maybe include a list of known bugs and workarounds.

Great, will do if I have time.

It's beein a a tremendous busy time right now with all the launching and stuff!

Thanks a lot for playing the Beta!!! :)

borf
Apr 5, 2006
Your game looks really polished and fun. I will sign up and give it a shot soon. It is still very unfortunate that you accepted the unanimous dislike of the game's name, decided to change it, and... keep the word everyone hates. :(

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

borf posted:

Your game looks really polished and fun. I will sign up and give it a shot soon. It is still very unfortunate that you accepted the unanimous dislike of the game's name, decided to change it, and... keep the word everyone hates. :(

Yeah, I know what you mean. And believe me when I say that it was something that personally saddened me, but the truth is that I'm part of a team and it wasn't directly up to me to change it. Besides, some legal paperwork had been made already and it was better to mantain the word wincars for several reasons. Of course, your feedback was taken into account but sometimes, things aren't as easy as it may seem to get done.

Anyway, thanks for the props on the game and giving the Beta a shot! ;)

gghani
Nov 3, 2014
Hello everyone!

We are aware that it has been a little bit difficult to find players online to race against these first days of Beta. Thanks a lot to everyone who wrote to us explaining this situation and suggesting us to set up official scheduled playing times.

So here they are. If you want to race against real players, these are the recommended times to launch the game!

Launcher issue FIXED!

Some of you experienced this annoying bug that even got to prevent players from playing the game at all. The good news is that we fixed it! Most of players who have tried the new one didn't suffer the bug (so far...fingers crossed!).

If you encountered this bug, please download the new client from here:

http://download.wincarsracer.com/WincarsRacerInstallerV2_2.exe

That's all, see you all behind the wheel at the next official playing time on Sunday 6th!

gghani
Nov 3, 2014
Hi!

Long time no news, here we go!

Steam

Yes, Steam. Probably one of the most repeated suggestions we've heard since we started asking for feedback on our game. It's been a year and a half of reading "Will the game be released on Steam? So, we listened to you and are currently setting a Greenlight campaing so that you are able to play Wincars Racer on Steam.

I will announce the campaign once its released and see if we can make it to the store!

Drift button

Another point where we used all feedback given to us. In fact, at first we didn't want to include this, We thought that it would be better to develop a system where you could make the car drift by just turning the wheel at maximum.

We were wrong.

We implemented the new drifting system and the game just got BETTER. As simple as that. It still needs some adjustments, but clearly, this is the way yo go. We're eager to see you get your hands on it!

Wincars Racer testing showroom event

We are hosting an event next 11th February in Telefonica Flagship Store (Madrid, Spain), sponsored by Pure Gaming and being part of ElZeroUno (a series of game meetings and conferences) where you will be able to play the game running in top-notch gaming set-ups.

I know that it's quite difficult that someone reading this in here could be in Spain those days, but... hey if that's the case, we'd love to see you and drink some beers together!

We've made tons of other corrections, improvements in the circuits, graphics performance, etc... but we'll leave that behind today and try to surprise you next time you play the game!

Greetings from everyone here at the studio!

gghani
Nov 3, 2014
Hi everyone,

It's here! :D

Wincars Racer Greenlight campaign is now live!

It's in your hands if the game will be available on Steam or not. You can vote for it in this link:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=619988052

We'd really appreciate you sharing the link with your friends on the internet, help us spread the word!

Wincars Racer open beta available now

You can now play the new Wincars Racer new version 0.0.3

Just log in at http://www.wincarsracer.com and then download the game by clicking on Play Free Now.

If you already had access to the Beta just open the game launcher and it will update to the the latest version automatically. Play whenever you want, but remember that there are way more players in the official scheduled playtimes.

Playtimes Schedule: http://www.wincarsracer.com/content/official-scheduled-times-play-wincars-racer-beta

What's new on this version?

A complete list of major changes, improvements and bug fixes can be found at the Build release notes, though, we advance you that a new drifting/handbrake button has been implemented and that the overall game performance has been drastically improved.

Build Notes: http://www.wincarsracer.com/updates/build-003-here

Full drifting action and full adrenalin fun!

Thanks for the support and don't forget to leave feedback if you give the beta a try, we couldn't do it without your help!

gghani
Nov 3, 2014
Hey!

Finally, the Open beta will be closed next Monday 29th.

As a farewell, one last final hours test will be held next Sunday 28th at 12:00 PST (20:00 UTC) We the devs will also be playing the game in this event, so it would be a pleasure if we happen to run into the same race with any of you :D

If you give the beta a try or if you have any technical issue that doesn't let you play the game, we strongly encourage to drop us a line, we love getting mails from testers!

See you on Sunday!

gghani
Nov 3, 2014
The open beta has now officially ended.

Our intention now is to run time-limited tests periodically, so if you happen to read this and didn't play the beta before, you can still sign up at our site and we'll notify you when the game is available in these time-limited test events.

Thanks a lot to everyone who took part in this and shared their thoughts on the game with us, your feedback is extremely valuable! We are already working on tons of changes and improvements suggested!

Besides....

Wincars Racer has been greenlit and will get published in Steam!

It raised more than 4000 "yes" votes and was featured in the top 20 among more than 2000 games ever since the very first 48 hours.

We want to give a heartfelt thanks for such an overwhelming support!

That's all for now. As always, Do not hesitate to leave a comment!

gghani
Nov 3, 2014
Hi there!

We wrote a comprehensive post mortem on the past Wincars Racer greenlight campaign approved with the help of your votes. An insight into how Valve chooses what titles will end up being available on Steam and a good help if you're planning to release your own games on it. Do not hesitate to ask anything!

Link: http://www.wincarsracer.com/content/greenlit-16-days-post-mortem-what-worked-well-what-didnt

Regarding the development of Wincars Racer, we're now working hard to implement Steam features into the game... friend system, achievements, etc... and making good use of this extra time to work on polishing game mechanics and some new stuff that will be announced shortly... :P

Greetings!

gghani
Nov 3, 2014
Hi there!

It's been almost two months without an update, I really missed you but we had tons of work to do around here!

First off, we got a new website! check it out at http://www.wincarsracer.com.

Also, you can sign up for the newsletter at http://www.wincarsracer.com/beta-sign-up-wincars-racer/ and get a chance to win a Steam Key to participate in the next Beta test!

Many of you who played the game told us that you didn't like the style of the menus. We listened to that and it became a priority since that same moment. Well, here it is, we've revamped all the interface, menu, icons and the in-game HUD, and the truth is that we're veeeery happy with the new look!

What do you think of it?, can you guess what game inspired us in this change? ;)

If you didn't take part in the past Beta test, you can compare this with the old interface in this blog post http://www.wincarsracer.com/revamped-menu-screens/

Regards!!

gghani fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jun 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gghani
Nov 3, 2014
Hi there!

We'll have some exciting news regarding release date pretty soon but before that I'd like to show you the latest Wincars Racer build and all the new stuff. As always, feedback is much appreciated!

We're not sure now if we'll have enough time to do more beta tests, but just in case we could do more or if you just wanna be updated with all game news (release date, sales offer, big updates...) you can sign for the newsletter or just follow us on twitter

First, we already chose the capsule image for Steam, well… the platform displays many different artwork in several sizes as you all know. This in particular is the one used in the main store page (hopefully we’ll appear there, finger crossed) and also while in big Picture mode.

We’ve implemented a new mechanic which digs deeper into the strategic side of the gameplay. It’s all about this new Nitropower walls. Placed in spots such as shortcuts or alternative routes, you’ll lose the charge in all your special skills if you pass through them but in the other hand you’ll gain some precious time because of taking advantage of shorter routes. It’s up to you to decide what to do in each moment!

We’ve remade Hanging Cliffs circuit from scratch, please see this screenshots to appreciate its new look.

We’ve replaced old generic splash screens for a new specific new ones for each circuit. Here is a small sample of some of them:

Apart from all menus and HUD we’ve also improved Stomp and Turbo instant charge points. They looked kinda dated and bland but we think that they gained a fresher look now.

We also had time to polish and improve almost all car models. Some of them look almost like completely new ones, compare by yourselves.

Finally, we also made some cool icons for the division shields. You’ll be lowered or promoted depending on your race results and this is what will matter in the matchmaking for further races.

We’re very close to reléase the game, greetings from the devs at DragonJam!

• Locked thread