Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
I am going bald. It is a very slow and frustrating transformation.

How do you accept yourself as a baldy?
Does being bald hinder your ability to function in society in contrast to people with full heads of hair?
Do hair-regrowth products such as rogaine and propecia work? Is their effect believable?
What about wigs? Toupees?

The most difficult part about becoming bald is accepting myself as being bald and coping with that reality. Back when I had hair i had no problem talking to girls and they seemed to reciprocate. (Don't worry, eventually I'd gently caress it up by saying or doing some autistic poo poo). Now I notice some girls have no interest in me when I talk to them.

So I guess I have to rework my strategy.

Which is fine. Big personal transformations are interesting, and perhaps if I work hard I can really make myself into something special, even if I'm bald.

How about you? What do you think about all this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Also, I'd like to kindly ask the gamer gate people to stay out of this thread. You people ruin everything with your stupid poo poo.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

If you're bald you've got to own that poo poo, even if you were piss-ugly before and your hair was all you had going for you the harder you fight the bald the worse you'll look. If you've got any charisma or value beyond your face/body then women will warm up to you.

Bald people grossly over-estimate how much the world at large gives a gently caress about their baldness.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

my hair is thick and wild, like a lions mane. hope this helps op

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

"I honor the ding, sir."
"What the hell are you talking about?"

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
My dad is 61 and still has a full head of very grey hair, and gets it cut as often as I get my flowing, thick, black locks cut.

I'm sorry for your disease, but you should try different toupees and possibly a merkin or two, and post pics on SA. We will support you through your disability.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
propecia will let you keep your hair but only if you have alpha male genetics otherwise it will cause side effects like man boobs and your dick getting smaller, both of which are worth not losing your hair cause women can reject you instantly for your hair but by the time you have ur dick out its too late for them to change their mind

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I have somewhat of a receding hairline and my response was to just start going to the gym a bunch and get all jacked so being bald isnt weird and just looks like a choice i made at some point

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Unfortunately a lot of the guys I see rocking the dome have weird, potato shaped heads.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
ive been using nioxin for about a month because at certain lengths my hair would look like its thinning and it seems to have improved

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
I recommend the Skalp system:

http://www.skalp.com/

Is it real hair or is it Skalp? :iiam:

Personally I have a wonderful thick hair, my hair dresser has to purposefully thin it for styling purposes so I recommend having hair like me.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Three Olives posted:

Personally I have a wonderful thick hair, my hair dresser has to purposefully thin it for styling purposes so I recommend having hair like me.

What style is currently 'in' 3O? I'm v. out the loop

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Nobody gives a gently caress as long as you own that poo poo. Shave your head and wear a short beard and work out

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Ratjaculation posted:

Fauxhawks.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
Just Jason Statham it and maintain some of your dignity for gently caress's sake.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The worst hair

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

My hair started thinning out in my early 20's so I just decided to say gently caress it and start shaving my dome completely. I grew a beard and am fit and I love it. :c00l:

having a shaved head rocks you dont have to get haircuts or have bad hair days, don't have to buy shampoo. girls love to rub your bald head while you're plowing them,

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Callick posted:

My hair started thinning out in my early 20's so I just decided to say gently caress it and start shaving my dome completely. I grew a beard and am fit and I love it. :c00l:

having a shaved head rocks you dont have to get haircuts or have bad hair days, don't have to buy shampoo. girls love to rub your bald head while you're plowing them,

I'm tempted to shave mine and I'm not even balding

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

Just Jason Statham it and maintain some of your dignity for gently caress's sake.

Yes but goons don't like like Jason Statham, I don't think fat lumpy potato heads can pull off bald.

KierkegaardsHo
Mar 21, 2004

FordPRefectLL posted:

I have somewhat of a receding hairline and my response was to just start going to the gym a bunch and get all jacked so being bald isnt weird and just looks like a choice i made at some point

Yeah, this is pretty much the right response. Change something that you actually have control over. But either way, the only one that cares that much is you.

I saw an episode of Seinfeld once where Elaine was trying to hook up one of her friends with George, and Elaine had to beat around the bush for like the entire episode before revealing that George is bald, at which her friend was furious at Elaine and called her a dumb whore and they stopped being friends or some outrageous poo poo. Let me rewrite that into a conversation that might actually happen:

Friend: "What's he look like."
Elaine: "blah blah blah, he's bald, and blah blah blah"
Friend: "OK"

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Three Olives posted:

Yes but goons don't like like Jason Statham, I don't think fat lumpy potato heads can pull off bald.

True. "Jason Stathaming it" requires working out in addition to shaving your head almost bald. This is a lot to ask.

Because of this discussion, I GIS'd Jason Statham and now I'm kinda horny.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
yeah tell a bunch of goons who have the facial bone structure/jaw line of jaba the hutt that they can rock short hair like jason statham

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

It's still better than the Costanza look.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Ratjaculation posted:

hitler youth

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

Some guys get their head tattooed to look like stubble so it appears that it was their choice to be bald which is somehow more socially acceptable. You should all do that.

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004
Going bald sucks. Being bald is cool

Leonard Ghostal
Apr 26, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btl5PYdpcNs

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Rogain is poisonous to cats so if you use it and own a cat it will die.

Also, it stops working when you stop using it.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

uG posted:

yeah tell a bunch of goons who have the facial bone structure/jaw line of jaba the hutt that they can rock short hair like jason statham

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
For most Goons people shouldn't be saying "rock the Statham look" it's more like "rock the King Kong Bundy or Butterbean look". Those two definitely filled their niche in society, just like Goons do, I guess.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I'm bald. Except on my dick.

Leonard Ghostal
Apr 26, 2006

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Hello I started to lose my hair in my early 20s which was a long time ago now and it was then I realized I had no hope of ever being a pretty girl :smith:

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

You see being black and going bald is a total free pass

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I shaved my head when I started going bald, and I am so glad I did. It looked much better than thinning hair. I also notice that in 50/50 situations on pavements (sidewalks) etc people made way for me far more than they used to, even though I amn't at all intimidating. I was MUCH more successful with women after I shaved my head. I tried Rogain and it was a hassle and made my hair greasy. Accept that it's happening to you and live with it. It doesn't make that much difference to how you are perceived.

Absalom Baird
Jul 13, 2010
Baldness is the first step to cuckness

Hth

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
rogaine and propecia work but just slow it down rather than stop it unless you're just really lucky

the only option is to shave/buzz and go to the gym

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
My ex-girlfriend would always say she was not attracted to bald guys. She's with a bald guy now. Character > looks. Always.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
if i was going bald id probably kill myself because theres no point in going on but dont just take it from me, op

Ninja fetus posted:

My ex-girlfriend would always say she was not attracted to bald guys. She's with a bald guy now. Character > looks. Always.

perhaps her new bald guy has a big ol swinging dick and she didnt know how to break it to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

Let's be real though, shaving the back of your head and ensuring there are no tufts of hair you missed is super time consuming. Also you have to cut your losses somewhere around your neck or else you'll end up shaving all the way down your back.

• Locked thread