Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Hellbeard posted:

There's nothing wrong with being creative and making stuff up even if it is within the Sonic fandom/genre.

Wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
its probably a fun outlet for creative impulses. don't read too much into it and wish him well.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Hellbeard posted:

Sonic games were never any good.

Sonic CD is still pretty great I don't know what you're talking about.

Sonic 2 is okay but I can't play it anymore since I pretty much played it all the way through 5 or 6 times when I was a kid, because I was a poor and didn't have that many other games.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

King Vidiot posted:

Sonic CD is still pretty great I don't know what you're talking about.

Sonic 2 is okay but I can't play it anymore since I pretty much played it all the way through 5 or 6 times when I was a kid, because I was a poor and didn't have that many other games.

I don't really know, I didn't play them but I'm acting like I have a founded opinion and I'm pretty sure that makes me edgy. I only had a Sega Master System.
Though Sonic does seem to have been disproportionately hyped and undeservedly well received just because he was a mascot for the console.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
early sonic games are stars of the 'hold right and jump' genre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
I want to say that drawing comic characters is cool when you are a kid. (Edit- It's ALWAYS cool) But when Sonic came out I used to have a friend I would hang out with. We would watch the cartoon show and play the games and even though I loved drawing, I never drew Sonic. no real reason, he just never appealed to me. He would draw the poo poo out of them and read the comics and watch the dark cartoon with the squirrel with the husky voice that Sonic had sexual chemistry with, because every kid needs that poo poo at a delicate time in their development

Fast forward like 15 years and I bump into this guy and he gets drunk and told me he jacked off to that squirrel, loves jacking it to anime babes and is pretty much a furry. I have not seen him for years but judging by his FB, he still jacks it to My Little Pony.

I am sure that there are plenty of kids who draw sonic ocs and grow up to live a normal life. The same way I am sure that kids who skin cats don't always grow to be serial killers. My point is the odds are stacked but nothing is certain. -There is no fate but what we make fur ourselves

Lonos Oboe fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Nov 5, 2014

• Locked thread