Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Guys like Glenn Beck are the Boba Fetts of the political world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i'm in a hard far right section of san diego to remedy this they decided to start building a ton of section 8 housing until we turn blue or move out.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Wicker Man posted:

Guys like Glenn Beck are the Boba Fetts of the political world.

ron paul is a hutt

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014
republicans have never been in senate before this oh no!!!!! :ohdear:

There's no real difference quit loving crying hth

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I wanna say ross perot is R2-D2

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

TOILETLORD posted:

i'm in a hard far right section of san diego to remedy this they decided to start building a ton of section 8 housing until we turn blue or move out.
lol

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

things were better before they gave us on ramps to the major high ways, and we weren't gentrified.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

TOILETLORD posted:

finally some intelligent democrats

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Action Yak Police posted:

Reminder that choice in American democracy is an illusion and that the only thing that matters is what the big corporations throw money at.
http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-27074746

corporations are people my friend

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
hitting the polls tomorrow, but only to vote down the loving red light cameras. gently caress that noise, i drive as fast as i want and yellow means speed up. I THOUGHT THIS WAS loving AMERICA?!

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

mr.capps posted:

republicans are literally evil sith lords who want to take away the rights of non white people and women though, so in this case no that isn't a logical response at all

Yeah I remember when the Democrats had control of the House and Senate and the White House and they did all of that great stuff for minorities and women... oh wait they almost immediately pivoted to deficit reduction and went out of their way to protect Wall Street from any consequences resulting from the 2008 economic collapse.

You know why the Republican Party has become full on teabagger crazy in the last six years? Because their voters won't show up if they don't. By voting for terrible Democrats we are just telling them that we will vote for anything to the left of the insane Republicans.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Wicker Man posted:

Serious post, why are the republicans getting so much support now? What did they do? Is it just the inverse of "Not Obama" like with George Bush?

cuz while poo poo isnt as bad as it was six years ago, its still not good. all the job growth is in the form of garbage positions with no future, people still ahve no savings, etc. people are scared and pissed off and americans, even when they dont hate you, have this weird tick where they want to give the other guys a shot just out of good sportsmanship.

anyway things arent going to get any worse unless the president regresses into trying to be a ""communicator"" and tries to strike compromises with the GOP congress using his tried and true tactic of asking for less than what he wants to start.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Bobert Bobertson posted:

republicans have never been in senate before this oh no!!!!! :ohdear:

There's no real difference quit loving crying hth

no no it really is that they are sith lords and that is a pretty big difference

like you know how in the prequels the jedis turn out to be losers and really bad at everything, even when they controlled everything? that is the democrats

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

City of Tampa posted:

Yeah I remember when the Democrats had control of the House and Senate and the White House and they did all of that great stuff for minorities and women... oh wait they almost immediately pivoted to deficit reduction and went out of their way to protect Wall Street from any consequences resulting from the 2008 economic collapse.

You know why the Republican Party has become full on teabagger crazy in the last six years? Because their voters won't show up if they don't. By voting for terrible Democrats we are just telling them that we will vote for anything to the left of the insane Republicans.

no that is dumb

what we need to do is form a political party of han solos and chewbaca's who don't use the force

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014
um excuse me what about droid rights??

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

hatin' beats lovin'

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Republicans are very slowly starting to realize that hating fags and denying climate change isn't going to work much longer. In a few years they'll be democrats.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
rethuglicans republicans repukelicans redumblicans numnutsicans repubadubdubicans

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Wicker Man posted:

Serious post, why are the republicans getting so much support now? What did they do? Is it just the inverse of "Not Obama" like with George Bush?

its called voter fraud prevention

voter fraud being defined as voting for democrats

and gerrymandering

hth

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

rapeubplicans

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Action Yak Police posted:

More like Repugnantcunts, amirite?

that would be a really good band name

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Top City Homo posted:

its called voter fraud prevention

voter fraud being defined as voting for democrats

and gerrymandering

hth

also yeah a lot of this is going on and people don't even notice

its not just "young people are stupid and won't show up for midterms"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
voter suppression is a pretty big deal

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
FYI voting is not a right guaranteed by the constitution

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

rethuglicans republicans repukelicans redumblicans numnutsicans repubadubdubicans

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
honestly women only exist as a spot to deposit my cum and minorities to clean the bathrooms. i'm with republicans on this one

but national parks and new deal-esque public infrastructure projects are good so i have to side with democrats

drat :( can we get a party that combines both those elements together

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

City of Tampa posted:

The demographics in the US do not exist to support the radical left you want to emerge. If the dems veered hard left it would just put the republicans back in charge.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

natetimm posted:

The demographics in the US do not exist to support the radical left you want to emerge. If the dems veered hard left it would just put the republicans back in charge.

oh hey guess what is going to happen tomorrow and why

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
you should use machine guns against "conservatives" imo

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Xaris posted:

honestly women only exist as a spot to deposit my cum and minorities to clean the bathrooms. i'm with republicans on this one

but national parks and new deal-esque public infrastructure projects are good so i have to side with democrats

ugh, you are the sarlacc pit

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the insanely hard left position of "lbj on one of his better days, maybe"

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

TOILETLORD posted:

oh hey guess what is going to happen tomorrow and why

It's going to happen because we love pretending to believe the incumbents are to blame for everything. In 4 years a cabal of babyfucking demons could run against whoever has the majority and get by on a platform of reform.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Xaris posted:

same i've been hearing good things about the NSDAP

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

natetimm posted:

It's going to happen because we love pretending to believe the incumbents are to blame for everything. In 4 years a cabal of babyfucking demons could run against whoever has the majority and get by on a platform of reform.

I would vote for literal evil demons

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I would vote for literal lawful evil demons

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

InterFaced posted:

Republicans are very slowly starting to realize that hating fags and denying climate change isn't going to work much longer. In a few years they'll be democrats.

fags are gay

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Phlegmish posted:

same i've been hearing good things about the NSDAP

hmm tell me more. i like what i hear so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014
all will be well when our government mandated gay sex law passes.........

• Locked thread