Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Mood wise, this is eerily close to that picture of his dad in an empty room, sitting on a folding chair.

It warms the cockles of my heart :allears:

E: damnit , why did you people have to go and add context to make it less sad?

richardfun fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
WOAH. What's up D&D Goons.

I voted in an election today and did not cast a single vote for a Republican candidate.

Weird.

I voted for Warner over Gillespie for Senate.

Voted for some baby-faced goony looking Libertarian candidate for House over Bob Goodlatte. I would have considered Democrat here too if it was a good/sane/centrist candidate ala Mark Warner. But they didn't even run anyone this time. There was only some crazy green party candidate who literally looked EXACTLY how I imagined she would when I looker her up. Sure as hell not voting for some leftist.

Looking forward to an evening of FOX News and reveling in Obama Sycophant tears. It's a shame these boneheads couldn't come up with a better candidate than Gillespie. Also a shame they blew 2012. If they had won Indiana, Missouri, and Montana, the GOP would be looking at possibly getting to 56 seats, which would have probably been enough to hold onto a majority in 2016 when all the 2010 Tea Party wave election seats are up. Instead, they'll get 2 years of controlling both the House and Senate but not being able to do anything since they don't have the whitehouse, and even if they manage to beat Hillary in 2016, they still won't be able to do anything because they'll EASILY lose the Senate with only ~52ish seats going into those elections.

If it's a legitimate shot at controlling all 3 branches, the GOP has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.

Chris Christie fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Nov 4, 2014

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

SinetheGuy posted:

The Libertarian Senate candidate in Illinois lists her occupation as "Innkeeper." As much as I think adventurers would stimulate our economy, it doesn't seem worth the risk.

Edit:
Hey, the Lib candidate for Secretary of State is a "Tower Climber." It's almost uncanny!

Wasn't there another candidate somewhere that wanted to replace State Troopers with Highway Paladins?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Voted mostly democrats, a couple Rainbow-Greens in the smaller elections because why not and they seemed alright.

I have a feeling Coakley is gonna lose though.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

SinetheGuy posted:

The Libertarian Senate candidate in Illinois lists her occupation as "Innkeeper." As much as I think adventurers would stimulate our economy, it doesn't seem worth the risk.

Edit:
Hey, their candidate for Secretary of State is a "Tower Climber." It's almost uncanny!
The price of gold will plummet once the Tower of Augustus Draconis is cleared and the market is flooded.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Roll 1d20 to institute a flat tax.

Eh, close enough:

http://dndtools.eu/classes/master-of-the-unseen-hand/

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

E: Awful App double post.

TotalHell fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Nov 4, 2014

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

GlyphGryph posted:

Voted mostly democrats, a couple Rainbow-Greens in the smaller elections because why not and they seemed alright.

I have a feeling Coakley is gonna lose though.

My only comfort is that the veto-proof majorities in both houses of the MA Congress will prevent Baker from doing too much damage.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Because of the way that Time Zones work, the only election results we have back now are from the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands and Guam, and I can't find Guam.

But while we are waiting for it to turn to 6 PM in Kentucky, we have this:

http://www.votecnmi.gov.mp/election-2014/election-2014-results#delegate

Gregorio Sablan is basically the 5 dollar toy you get on Christmas Eve and stare at all night, waiting until you really get to open presents.

Ganon
May 24, 2003

Chris Christie posted:

they still won't be able to do anything because they'll EASILY lose the Senate with only ~52ish seats going into those elections.

NH and NC are really tight, they could have 54/55. Sandoval or Hutchison can beat Reid in 2016. That would probably be more than enough to keep it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I really hope Tom Wolf wins and then summons a pack of wolves to maul Tom Corbett

Wish I could vote though, but I couldn't change where I was registered to vote in time.

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Nov 4, 2014

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Do we know if Martha Coakley and Alex Sink are secretly the same woman?

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

TheRamblingSoul posted:

I voted today. drat, it feels good to be a gangsta voter.

But gently caress Shannon Jones (R-Ohio, State Senator). No write-in option and no opposition (:negative:), so I left that poo poo blank.
In AZ some of the choices were between republicans and libertarians. I'm going to just start writing in "Ghost of Henry Wallace" for those situations.

In other news I hate how poorly worded all propositions are in the ballots. There are so many poisonous ones whose language is crafted to appeal to some sort of broad sensibility that you basically have to do your homework on each one of them lest you vote directly against what you would have actually wanted.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Chris Christie posted:

WOAH. What's up D&D Goons.

I voted in an election today and did not cast a single vote for a Republican candidate.

Weird.

Not enough Democrats yelling about how they're coming to take away your guns. Huh. Isn't that funny.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ganon posted:

NH and NC are really tight, they could have 54/55. Sandoval or Hutchison can beat Reid in 2016. That would probably be more than enough to keep it.

After 2012, I'd be SHOCKED if the GOP was that successful. What I took away from 2012 as a Romney voter was that the current power being a complete and total failure isn't enough to win, you have to bring something to the table.

I think it's pretty obvious the GOP will gain some net, but I'd be surprised if they netted that much because honestly what are the offering/bringing to the table aside from "we're not them" ???

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Voted in Maryland. Polling place was empty as gently caress, but then again it's in a suburb at an elementary school. One of the election officials did recognize my CERN jacket though, which is cool and we got to talking about science stuff. My boss had managed to be the cover story for the Washington Post magazine this weekend (I don't know how she managed to secure that the weekend before a major election) so I also talked about that with some of the officials while they got the machine ready. Don't know why it took so long.

Ballot was boring, didn't know any of the appeals court or school board people so alphabetical billing got my vote. Got my free donut, now I'm at work printing an ear.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/11/snowstorm-cancels-democracy-in-maine.html

quote:

Already-low midterm election turnout will likely be even lower in Maine, where an early November snowstorm has left more than 80,000 without power and forced the state to change polling places at the last minute. Some parts of Maine are buried under nearly two feet of snow.

so.....which parts of Maine are these, and which way do they lean? Would I be correct in assuming that Maine has the same rural = conservative, urban (for Maine) = liberal, and this is more likely a rural problem?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Bhaal posted:

In AZ some of the choices were between republicans and libertarians. I'm going to just start writing in "Ghost of Henry Wallace" for those situations.

I think the strategic choice is to leave those races blank in order to reduce the signature requirements if there's a recall.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Election results for the Northern Marianas are starting to come in: http://www.votecnmi.gov.mp/election-2014/election-2014-results

Incumbent Governor Eloy Songao Inos (R) looks to have a commanding lead.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

evilweasel posted:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/11/snowstorm-cancels-democracy-in-maine.html

so.....which parts of Maine are these, and which way do they lean? Would I be correct in assuming that Maine has the same rural = conservative, urban (for Maine) = liberal, and this is more likely a rural problem?

Northern Maine, so yeah probably. Portland/Bangor are in the mid-to-Southern part of the state.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Bhaal posted:

Wendell Berry lives near me, so I traditionally write him in whenever anyone runs unopposed

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

evilweasel posted:

Yes. The storm is affecting the Northern part of the state, which isn't so much conservative as it is Doomsday Prepper backwoods hermit country. It's where the group that was trying to get LePage to have county sheriffs arrest and hang the state legislature hails from.

There is a delicious irony if the climate change denying LePage is defeated because of a freak November snowstorm.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Eh, funny, but you don't gently caress with Wu Tang Clan. And this is dangerously close to loving with Wu Tang Clan.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Joementum posted:

Yes. The storm is affecting the Northern part of the state, which isn't so much conservative as it is Doomsday Prepper backwoods hermit country. It's where the group that was trying to get LePage to have county sheriffs arrest and hang the state legislature hails from.

There is a delicious irony if the climate change denying LePage is defeated because of a freak November snowstorm.

Obama and Baldacci rig election with weather-controlling science machine

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Joementum posted:

Election results for the Northern Marianas are starting to come in: http://www.votecnmi.gov.mp/election-2014/election-2014-results

The polls actually closed at 4 AM Eastern Time, but they have to physically ship them to the central island.

Looks like Gregorio Sablan is going to be reelected, the first Democrat this year to get reelected to congress, besides he isn't a Democrat or running for congress.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Just got back from voting in Richmond VA.

I was the only one there. Weird.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Not voting in Oklahoma because gently caress it. The Dem governor candidate is a male version of Mary Fallin with a D next to his name instead of an R, and our next new senator is going to be a bible camp councilor with a Master's degree in Divinity.

The apathy... it crashes down on me in waves...

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

On Terra Firma posted:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Special election-day GOTV message from Louis Gohmert.

quote:

"What scares me is when you look at Hosea 8:4, God is explaining how he's about to come down on the children of Israel [because] He's angry with them. And I looked at several different translations and I like the one that says ... You have chosen leaders who were not my choice. A whole country can suffer just because [God's] people are not paying enough attention."

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I'm more surprised that Gohmert has read anything of the Bible outside Leviticus.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

stinkles1112 posted:

Not voting in Oklahoma because gently caress it. The Dem governor candidate is a male version of Mary Fallin with a D next to his name instead of an R, and our next new senator is going to be a bible camp councilor with a Master's degree in Divinity.

Dorman would at least take medicare expansion money.

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

Chris Christie posted:

Voted for some baby-faced goony looking Libertarian candidate for House over Bob Goodlatte. I would have considered Democrat here too if it was a good/sane/centrist candidate ala Mark Warner. But they didn't even run anyone this time.

I'm really annoyed that Dems left half the districts or so unopposed while libertarians got a candidate on the ballot for every district except one (mine).

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Republicans Rule Everything Around Me

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Joementum posted:

For some reason I wasn't expecting Northern Marianas to be reliably Republican. Any reason for that? Hawai'i seems to be solid Democratic with somewhat similar demographics.

Son of Isaac
Apr 22, 2008

On Terra Firma posted:

I hope Brat wins one election and Trammell wins the other for maximum chaos.

BACKGROUND: With his dying breath, Eric Cantor stepped down as the 7th District representative, thus setting up a special election to fill his seat for three months and therefore "maintaining seniority." But what this means is that you vote twice in the 7th, and the Libertarian isn't an option in the special election. It's a disaster.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

stinkles1112 posted:

Don't think of it as a chance to vote for Oklahoma dems. Think of it as a chance to vote against Inhofe.

Also, there are constitutional amendments on the ballot.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Kro-Bar posted:

Dorman would at least take medicare expansion money.

No poo poo? I actually did not know that. He's still doomed to failure but that at least makes me wish I had stopped and voted for him before work. Fallin turning that money down is the most infuriating thing that has come out of this state government in a while, and the list of contenders is strong. I mean, it's just so spiteful and pointless and actively harmful to people in need aaarrgh

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008
I voted for Clay Aiken. Never thought I'd say that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

uncurable mlady posted:

The one thing I've learned about NY Politics since moving here is that I want nothing to do with them, also ballot access lines are loving hilarious.

So I guess that's two things.

More states should practice electoral fusion.

• Locked thread