Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

GlyphGryph posted:

Voted mostly democrats, a couple Rainbow-Greens in the smaller elections because why not and they seemed alright.

I have a feeling Coakley is gonna lose though.

My only comfort is that the veto-proof majorities in both houses of the MA Congress will prevent Baker from doing too much damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

evilweasel posted:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/11/snowstorm-cancels-democracy-in-maine.html

so.....which parts of Maine are these, and which way do they lean? Would I be correct in assuming that Maine has the same rural = conservative, urban (for Maine) = liberal, and this is more likely a rural problem?

Northern Maine, so yeah probably. Portland/Bangor are in the mid-to-Southern part of the state.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I'm more surprised that Gohmert has read anything of the Bible outside Leviticus.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Jagchosis posted:

well at least scott brown is probably going to drink himself into oblivion tonight, too.

Why?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Thank loving God. At least you didn't fail us, New Hampshire :unsmith:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

axeil posted:

Democrats deserve to lose.

If they couldn't get Mark Warner reelected in a state that loving loves him, then yes, they pretty much deserve electoral irrelevance

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Anyone know what's going on in Maine? That was going to be one of the few bright spots of this evening after seeing Scott Brown eat poo poo.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Grem posted:

Um, I freak out early, Mark Udall won't really lose in Colorado, will he?

He already did.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

OH MY GOD YES YES YES YES

Ahahahahahaha what? Coakley might actually pull it off?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Missing Donut posted:

Wisconsin should be a nail-biter. It's going to be close. My city, which is usually 2-1 for Democrats, went only 64-33 for Burke.

That's, uh, about 2-1.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

What spots are left to report? If it's Boston or Springfield...

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

TotalHell posted:

The answer is "plenty, while the Democrats cower in fear."

B-but they might call us liberals!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Joementum posted:

Meanwhile, in Rhode Island, the horribly corrupt Democrat (it is Rhode Island, after all) won the Governor's race, thanks largely to a quixotic campaign by third party candidate Robert Healey whose manifesto was titled If I Were King of the Forest and who received 22% of the vote.

Raimondo, right?

• Locked thread