Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Holy poo poo.

quote:

Here are all the names that made "the list"

Taylee
McKarty
Nayvie
Maylee
Kamree
Nykee
Taislee
Taigley
Tenley
McKamey
McKartnee
Tayvie

:catstare: Fffffuck You!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

they have a son it looks like. wonder what unfortunate name he has

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
McKartnee

jfc

my dad wanted to name me wiley for some reason. at the low risk of doxxing myself my last name is freeze, so my dad literally wanted to name me wiley freeze. i wouldve been a pro athlete by that measure alone, nevermind my soft doughy body.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

ZergRushing posted:

I saw a woman on Tindr named Tamarrow

I'll gently caress you, Tamarrow.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

me irl

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
holy poo poo that list of names. its like they just jumbled up a bunch of ok and regular names.

They were seriously going to name their kid nykee. yeah name your kid after a shoe you dumb fucks

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

quote:

We love unique names too and named our (now 16 month old little girl) Greilyn (pronounced Gray-lin)

quote:

I love unique names too!! My 19 month old is named Breeielii (pronounced "Bree-ay-lee) and my 47 month old is named Rayman Origins.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
this loving list

Taylee
McKarty
Nayvie
Maylee
Kamree
Nykee
Taislee
Taigley
Tenley
McKamey
McKartnee
Tayvie

lmao

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

LifeSizePotato posted:

they have a son it looks like. wonder what unfortunate name he has

FUNNY YOU SHOULD ASK:

"My name is McKinli. I am married to my AMAZING husband, Devan. We were married on December 3rd, 2010. He not only made the choice to marry me but take on my adorable two year old son, Titan. I am currently pregnant with baby number 2 and I couldn't be more excited! In fact, I am so excited I decided to make a whole blog dedicated to my pregnancy and new baby girl. (Oh yeah, WE ARE HAVING A GIRL!!)"

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Pookum posted:

holy poo poo that list of names. its like they just jumbled up a bunch of ok and regular names.

They were seriously going to name their kid nykee. yeah name your kid after a shoe you dumb fucks

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

mckinli
devan
titan
lakynn

:cripes:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

these are my twins, earl and toejam

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

quote:

then one day Devan came home from work and said he was drove past a sign that said "LAKIN" and asked what I thought about it. I actually LOVED the name! We both Loved it! YAY! I decided to change up the spelling a little bit to make it more of a girly name and that is how we came up with LAKYNN KAY HATCH!

"so was i named after a famous woman in history? a family matriarch? a personal hero?"

"nah we named you after a signpost we saw one time"

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

you irl posted:

"so was i named after a famous woman in history? a family matriarch? a personal hero?"

"nah we named you after a signpost we saw one time"

but with a unique spelling twist!!

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Im a little weirded out that somebody saw my surname and decided it would make a good first name if they butchered it a bit (and im a little surprised since ive never seen that last name anywhere... hello future doxxers haha)

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

this loving list

Taylee
McKarty
Nayvie
Maylee
Kamree
Nykee
Taislee
Taigley
Tenley
McKamey
McKartnee
Tayvie

lmao

Lenynn
Stalynn
Malenkovee
McKhrushchevee
Breezezhnev
Andropovie
Cherrynenko
Gorbey Chevee
McYeltsin

:ussr:

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

LifeSizePotato posted:

Rayman Origins

Forget naming our kid after a video game character; we're gonna name him after the game itself.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Leroy Dennui posted:

Forget naming our kid after a video game character; we're gonna name him after the game itself.

part of me thinks that guy was trolling the blogger mommy but it's hard to tell anymore

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i know its a little cheesy, but i named my son after my favorite director. you know how much karen and i love film. so here we are, i'd like to introduce the world to the newest member of our family, Fat Guy From Clerks Rodriguez!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It's crazy how almost every nurse I've ever met is huge into natural medicine and homeopathy and will ramble on about big-pharma and western medicine being useless. We gotta treat the illness not the symptom! Drink this magic water for your cancer don't get a loving invasive operation! Chemo is POISON.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Baronjutter posted:

It's crazy how almost every nurse I've ever met is huge into natural medicine and homeopathy and will ramble on about big-pharma and western medicine being useless. We gotta treat the illness not the symptom! Drink this magic water for your cancer don't get a loving invasive operation! Chemo is POISON.

nurses are low-income, undereducated subordinates to rich ivory tower medical school multi-degree doctors, they live at the edge of medicine working the basics but the details are a mystery managed by their bosses, of course they are antagonistic towards it

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

LifeSizePotato posted:

but with a unique spelling twist!!

White people are loving terrible

Baronjutter posted:

Nurses I know also refuse to go to the doctor, which seems like a bad idea in conjunction with homeopathy and the obscene amount of powders and supplements they put in their bodies for lifting weights....

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Man her husband is surprisingly plain for how good looking she is.

Hmm yes let me give my kid a name that needs to be phonetically spelled out every time I write it because it's unclear how it would be pronounced. This seems practical and not at all stupid. I'm sure they will enjoy decades of having to say "that's Bree-ay-lee, spelled b as in boy, r , e as in eat, another e, i, e like eat again, l, and two i's"

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's

only good kid

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Leroy Dennui posted:

everybody loves Rayman

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
My math teacher's last name was cash, first name john. He had a brother named richard that people called rich.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
la-a lmao

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

ArbitraryC posted:

Hmm yes let me give my kid a name that needs to be phonetically spelled out every time I write it because it's unclear how it would be pronounced. This seems practical and not at all stupid. I'm sure they will enjoy decades of having to say "that's Bree-ay-lee, spelled b as in boy, r , e as in eat, another e, i, e like eat again, l, and two i's"

My last name is Dutch, I know this pain well.

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED

that dude's eyes are just dead.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

I love unique names too!! My 19 month old is named Breeielii (pronounced "Bree-ay-lee) and my 47 month old is named Rayman Origins

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

mysterious frankie posted:

My last name is Dutch, I know this pain well.
For a second I thought you meant your last name was literally "dutch" and I was like "who would have trouble spelling that?"

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

ArbitraryC posted:

Man her husband is surprisingly plain for how good looking she is.

:10bux:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Minarchist posted:

is this the bad names thread now?

Lakynn? As in they're lackin common sense?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Kid has a very high chance of floating through life

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Man you know any nurse that tells you poo poo about a patient's name is lying, HIPPA will destroy you for telling tales. The best patient names are little old lady names from the twenties anyway. (I will change one letter and tell you that her name was Marvel Call.)

I did go to a bible college when I was a recovering hillbilly creationist yeehaw and let me tell you, the poo poo white protestant people name their kids makes me wish they would just stick with apocryphal Ghetto Names I Heard From A Nurse.

Although there's something to be said for a family that names their kids Titan and Gannon without a twinge of irony.

Or Azariah James Gallifrey plus two more last names just to be sure.

Or Azimov. No, not Asimov. Azimov. (It's a girl.)

Or Ohana Darling 'Smith'. That baby looks like its face got snagged on its mama's tailbone on the way out.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

shiksa posted:

barkevious mingo

You gotta say all of it.

Barkevious "KeKe" Levon Mingo.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

you irl posted:

nurses are low-income, undereducated subordinates to rich ivory tower medical school multi-degree doctors, they live at the edge of medicine working the basics but the details are a mystery managed by their bosses, of course they are antagonistic towards it

Finally, someone is sticking it to underpaid healthcare workers.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I have a friend who named his kids Quilicus isosceles and Archedemus Testla. I wish I was poo poo posting but it is 100% true :(

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Low income?
poo poo, I know nurses picking up just shy of a grand from one 8 hour overtime shift where they just had to be a patient's sitter, and not actually do any of their normal nursey work.

"Here, sit in this chair for the next few hours, read a book or grab a laptop, and let us know if the detox'er that is snowed under from a poo poo ton of ativan stops breathing or something."

Panamaniac fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Nov 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Nykee O'Xamathrais Lastname

• Locked thread