Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Dubious posted:

Flex, 1 PPR, rest standard yahoo.

Jordan Matthews @ Car
Kendall Wright @ BAL

I'm leaning towards Matthews because Sanchize looked his way alot last week, and Wright is just meh and I have no take on Mettenberger

Exactly, Matthews. Wright is barely rosterable(does this word exist?) at this point.

LmaoTheKid posted:

Here's a fun exercise in RB riches...

Pick 3. PPR, 2 RBs and a Flex.

M. Forte @GB
L. Bell @NYJ
D. Murray vJAX
J. Hill vCLE

:stare:

Am I really going to consider sitting L. Bell for J. Hill this week?

Don't over think it. As I said earlier, though, trade Hill if you can.

Yuzenn posted:

Flex, non ppr standard NFL.com scoring

Mike Wallace or Martavis Bryant?

I mean Wallace has been decently consistent and gets a good amount of touchdowns, but Bryant should be tasty against the Jets secondary and Wallace is going against the DET secondary.

Bryant also gets all of his points from touchdowns and Ben's 2 week explosion has to die down sometime? I just feel like Brown is going to get such a lions share of the throws and when they do finally regress, Bell is going to get the other half of the workload....

Bryant is the high upside play, Wallace the save play. I'd go Bryant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

warcrimes posted:

Don't over think it. As I said earlier, though, trade Hill if you can.

I'm WR needy and 8-1, I just offered him for Josh Gordon to an owner who's starting Jonas Gray and Isaiah Crowell.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

LmaoTheKid posted:

I'm WR needy and 8-1, I just offered him for Josh Gordon to an owner who's starting Jonas Gray and Isaiah Crowell.

That's actually perfect, no way he can turn that down.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
How would you rank these QBs this week?

Cutler @ GB
Eli Manning @ Sea
Palmer vs. StL
Tannehill @ Det

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

timp posted:

Cutler @ GB
Eli Manning @ Sea
Palmer vs. StL
Tannehill @ Det

Cutler
Palmer
Tannehill
Eli

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I need someone to tell me not to sit a stud. I'm considering playing Mike Wallace over Dez Bryant because of the complete disaster at the Cowboys QB position. I'm crazy, right? Dez had a rough time against the Cardinals but I hope it was just because he got over-covered, not because of Romo/Weeden Fun.

Tl;dr, pick two:
Dez Bryant
Julio Jones
Mike Wallace

Flex is busy because @ RB I have:
J. Charles
A. Ellington
R. Hillman

J. Hill
Taliaferro (lol)
R. Mathews (double lol)

Should I play Hill over Hillman? On the one hand, Cin v. Cle is a high scoring matchup and the Broncos throw a lot, on the other hand the Raiders D lol.

FAKE EDIT: I should learn to read the page.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Don't sit Dez. He got so many targets from Weeden. That's opportunity.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I already know the answer to this, but I'd be crazy to stream anyone other than the Dallas D against the Jaguards, right? Even if something like Miami @ DET or Kansas City V. BUF were available?

I hate the Cowboys and hope JAX puts up a billion points against them but I'm 3-5 thanks to the dreaded "most points against" title and need all the help I can get. :negative:

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

ESPN standard league, pick a QB:

Ryan @ TB
Newton @ Philly

Don't really like either, but leaning Ryan since TB has been so awful this year?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

tonic posted:

ESPN standard league, pick a QB:

Ryan @ TB
Newton @ Philly

Don't really like either, but leaning Ryan since TB has been so awful this year?

Both QBs are in trouble, but for different reasons.

Cam's receivers keep dropping the ball when he's on target, and he's off-target too much. His scrambling ability seems to have degraded, and his defense can't keep him on the field.

Ryan's OL is swiss cheese so he's getting crushed constantly, forcing him to throw too quickly and that takes away deep routes from his star receivers. He's also played a brutal schedule of away games (with London counting as "home") and Ryan is much better home than away.

That leaves me with matchups. Philly's D/ST is mostly their ST, specializing in huge TD punt returns, takeaways, punt blocks, etc. They're not as good at generating interceptions, and their weakness is in the secondary, so Cam may manage some deep balls to Benjamin (oh god please :pray:).

Tampa Bay has some decent LBs etc. but they also have both a weak secondary and a weak pass rush. I think between the two, they're a marginally better matchup for Ryan than Philly is for Cam. And Julio Jones is desperate for a TD right now. Do you think TB can cover him effectively? Benjamin is very impressive but still a rookie who drops passes that bounce off his numbers. Julio Jones is (or should be) a top-5 WR.

I'd start Ryan, but if I had the option, I'd start Carr or Sanchez over either one of them. And starting Cam is a reasonable choice over Ryan if you just don't trust his team to keep him protected right now.

Keep in mind that ESPN standard is -2 points per INT, as opposed to the other major sites' standard being -1, so we have to emphasize the QB we think will throw fewer interceptions heavily.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

timp posted:

Cutler @ GB
Eli Manning @ Sea
Palmer vs. StL
Tannehill @ Det

Palmer Tannehill Cutler Eli. Cutler is bad bad bad in Green Bay and the Packers secondary is healthy again.

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.

Yuzenn posted:

Flex, non ppr standard NFL.com scoring

Mike Wallace or Martavis Bryant?

I mean Wallace has been decently consistent and gets a good amount of touchdowns, but Bryant should be tasty against the Jets secondary and Wallace is going against the DET secondary.

Bryant also gets all of his points from touchdowns and Ben's 2 week explosion has to die down sometime? I just feel like Brown is going to get such a lions share of the throws and when they do finally regress, Bell is going to get the other half of the workload....

Bryant Bryant Bryant Bryant

I don't think the Steelers' hot streak will end this week. They'll trash the Jets and I'm sure Bryant will get a chunk of that.

e:

Rodgers at Bears or Roethlisberger at Jets? I feel like this is a week where I can't make a bad choice for QB.

A COMPUTER GUY fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Nov 6, 2014

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

A COMPUTER GUY posted:

Bryant Bryant Bryant Bryant

I don't think the Steelers' hot streak will end this week. They'll trash the Jets and I'm sure Bryant will get a chunk of that.

e:

Rodgers at Bears or Roethlisberger at Jets? I feel like this is a week where I can't make a bad choice for QB.

I'm leaning Rothlisberger but yeah this is a coin flip. Rodgers at home against the Bears is unstoppable, but the Oline could be missing both starting guards.

Need a flex:

G. Tate vs. MIA
M. Bryant vs. NYJ
O. Beckham Jr. vs. SEA

My starters are A. Brown and B. Marshall.

Need Defense as well:

DET vs. MIA
PIT vs. NYJ

I don't think I could really go wrong with any choice and I'm sitting pretty at 8-1 but still.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

TubeStank posted:

I'm leaning Rothlisberger but yeah this is a coin flip. Rodgers at home against the Bears is unstoppable, but the Oline could be missing both starting guards.

Need a flex:

G. Tate vs. MIA
M. Bryant vs. NYJ
O. Beckham Jr. vs. SEA

My starters are A. Brown and B. Marshall.

Need Defense as well:

DET vs. MIA
PIT vs. NYJ

I don't think I could really go wrong with any choice and I'm sitting pretty at 8-1 but still.

DET is probably the safer play, but I like the PIT defense for the TO potential that :vick: has.

Speaking of PIT/NYJ, I think Bryant cools down this week. Big Ben isn't going to throw for 6 TDs every game for the rest of the season, and a lot of Bryant's points came from touchdowns. He doesn't get a ton of targets. Maybe the low targets/high TDS means that he's active in their red zone offense? Any Steelers fans here who can C/D?

Long story short, Tate and Beckham.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Quiet Feet posted:

Maybe the low targets/high TDS means that he's active in their red zone offense?

This is exactly it, he's tall and is shaping up as their go-to RZ target. I'm actually benching tate for bryant this week because I'm gambling on stafford going head over heels back to johnson in the middle of a tough pass defense.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

A COMPUTER GUY posted:

Read the OP. Jesus.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
Yeah, just go with Rodgers.

Ben has been so up and down and you KNOW this is the week he's gonna crater. Rodgers is as reliable as it gets.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Pander posted:

Standard scoring, no PPR

C Sims vs ATL
D Adams vs CHI
F Gore @ NO

Pick two.

I know everyone will tell me Gore, but have you SEEN his production the past monthseason?
Tossing it up again. My other RB is Hillman, and my other WRs are Dez and AJ Green.

Adams seems like a lock for 7 points, Sims I have no idea, and Gore I almost want to drop.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
Alex Mack's injury is really boning my hopes of riding Cleveland's RBs to the playoffs. I dropped Crowell already and considering dumping Tate too.

Who do I play in my flex this week:
Ben Tate @ CIN
Michael Crabtree @ NO
Joique Bell v. MIA

Or, available on WW: Dixon, Taliafaro, J. Jones, Daniels, Rivera, Ertz, A.Robinson.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Pander posted:

Tossing it up again. My other RB is Hillman, and my other WRs are Dez and AJ Green.

Adams seems like a lock for 7 points, Sims I have no idea, and Gore I almost want to drop.

I traded Gore and Denarius Robinson for Antonio Gates. So glad Gore is off my roster, 49ers offense is a joke. This might be Sims' debut splash, Falcons D is terrible. Adams and Sims, I guess?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

climboutonalimb posted:

Alex Mack's injury is really boning my hopes of riding Cleveland's RBs to the playoffs. I dropped Crowell already and considering dumping Tate too.

Who do I play in my flex this week:
Ben Tate @ CIN
Michael Crabtree @ NO
Joique Bell v. MIA

Or, available on WW: Dixon, Taliafaro, J. Jones, Daniels, Rivera, Ertz, A.Robinson.

I don't think you can trust Tate at all after the past three weeks. I'd definitely do J. Bell over him.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

RVProfootballer posted:

I don't think you can trust Tate at all after the past three weeks. I'd definitely do J. Bell over him.

Bell is a tough play but the best choice of those three.

Also, lol wenger.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Ugh I never thought I'd long for the day to have Ryan Mathews back starting on my team...

Pick 1 RB. 1PPR.

Terrence West @ Cincinnati
Reggie Bush vs. Miami

Both seem to be in a RBBC, but Bush is coming back from injury. I'm just torn dammit.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
Due to bye week hell I need to drop someone to pick up a TE, but have no faith in my 2 starting options for RB2 either.

Droppable candidates: Ben Tate, Branden Oliver, Charles Sims and Jerick Mckinnon.

Do I dare start Ben Tate tonight after his shocking few weeks and apparently getting usurped, or do I gamble on Charles Sims?

Alternatively drop two players and pick up either Benny Cunningham or Bishop Sankey to start this week as well as the TE?

It is just a 1 week problem, next week I'll be fine.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
How about Tannehill (@ Detroit) or Flacco (vs. Tennessee)? Yikes.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Real Name Grover posted:

How about Tannehill (@ Detroit) or Flacco (vs. Tennessee)? Yikes.

Have to go with Flacco, I think. Detroit defense is scary.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Alright, Standard Yahoo 0PPR 6ptPTD:

QB: Cutty @GB
WW options: Flacco vsTEN, E. Manning @SEA

WR: Cobb vsCHI, Marhsall @GB
BN: T. Williams @JAX (London), M. Wallace @DET

TE: D. Walker @BAL
WW options: O. Daniels vsTEN, Rivera vsDEN, Jared Cook (gently caress that guy)

W/R: Hill vsCLE

I'm handling this bye week good yeah? Just looking to see if I have any glaring errors.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

EDIT: I answered my other question.

TE:
Ertz or Owen Daniels?

Back it up Terry
Nov 20, 2006

Pretty sure I'm overthinking this.

Yahoo .5 ppr, bonus for getting 100 yards rec or rushing

2 WR 2 RB 1 Flex

WR
Dez
Demarious Thomas
Golden Tate

Sammy Watkins
Denard Robinson

RB
J Hill
L Bell

Denard

Bolded who I am currently starting. Currently in 2nd place (leading points by 115 overall) so I'm leaning towards consistent points instead of high risk/high reward type players

Back it up Terry fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 6, 2014

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

compton rear end terry posted:

Pretty sure I'm overthinking this.

Yahoo .5 ppr, bonus for getting 100 yards rec or rushing

2 WR 2 RB 1 Flex

WR
Dez
Demarious Thomas
Golden Tate

Sammy Watkins
Denard Robinson

RB
J Hill
Bell

Denard

Bolded who I am currently starting. Currently in 2nd place (leading points by 115 overall) so I'm leaning towards consistent points instead of high risk/high reward type players

Looks good. Only thing I'd even consider changing is Watkins for Tate, depending on how big the 100 yard bonus is, but I'd probably stick with Tate.

Is that L. Bell or J. Bell? If J., I'd probably play Denard instead.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Watkins is dealing with a groin injury, and Tate was consistent even with Megatron in. I agree. Especially since you don't need a home run.

Back it up Terry
Nov 20, 2006

RVProfootballer posted:

Looks good. Only thing I'd even consider changing is Watkins for Tate, depending on how big the 100 yard bonus is, but I'd probably stick with Tate.

Is that L. Bell or J. Bell? If J., I'd probably play Denard instead.

Didn't think there were two Bells, it's Le'Veon

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

b0ng posted:

Alright, Standard Yahoo 0PPR 6ptPTD:

QB: Cutty @GB
WW options: Flacco vsTEN, E. Manning @SEA

WR: Cobb vsCHI, Marhsall @GB
BN: T. Williams @JAX (London), M. Wallace @DET

TE: D. Walker @BAL
WW options: O. Daniels vsTEN, Rivera vsDEN, Jared Cook (gently caress that guy)

W/R: Hill vsCLE

I'm handling this bye week good yeah? Just looking to see if I have any glaring errors.

I'm on board. I think Daniels might be a better start than Delanie, but that ROS schedule is brutal and not worth the waiver claim for him.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
I need help on 2 positions, flex and te.

FLEX: Do I go with Sammy Watkins or Denard Robinson. Also Jeffery is my WR2 and Bryant is on my bench. So I guess pick 2 of these guys...

TE: Kelce or Rivera

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

WR, RB and flex out of Beckham, Miller, Watkins, Tate and West.

Terrible options, I should have picked up a Sunday player (Bush or Sproles I guess) as cover for last minute bad injury news from Miller or Watkins, but with the information I have I need to avoid the Browns RBs, right? Don't expect anything to come out about their carry distribution before the game.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
Bye week hell: play Ben Tate, whose recent form is dire, or go for broke and roll the dice on Sims who has never played before and will be sharing snaps at best but is against a terrible run D?

Go Go Gadget
Sep 24, 2004

TommyGun85 posted:

I need help on 2 positions, flex and te.

FLEX: Do I go with Sammy Watkins or Denard Robinson. Also Jeffery is my WR2 and Bryant is on my bench. So I guess pick 2 of these guys...

TE: Kelce or Rivera

I'd go with Robinson and Kelce. Sammy is hurt, maybe not badly, but Robinson has been doing great from a fantasy perspective. For Kelce v. Rivera it's not even close, Kelce is almost gronktastic and I think has to be started every week.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Standard ESPN scoring
RB Hill, Hillman, West, McFadden
WR Sanders, James Jones, Steve Smith, Roddy White

Hill/Hillman/West/Sanders/Jones are in right now. Should I change any of them?

Go Go Gadget
Sep 24, 2004

ilkhan posted:

Standard ESPN scoring
RB Hill, Hillman, West, McFadden
WR Sanders, James Jones, Steve Smith, Roddy White

Hill/Hillman/West/Sanders/Jones are in right now. Should I change any of them?

I think I'd rather have Steve Smith in than James Jones.

Choose 1:

Ingram v. SF
AJ Green v. Cle

(yes I know it's a first world problem). Currently have Ingram in because he'll probably have a higher floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Go Go Gadget posted:

I think I'd rather have Steve Smith in than James Jones.

Choose 1:

Ingram v. SF
AJ Green v. Cle

(yes I know it's a first world problem). Currently have Ingram in because he'll probably have a higher floor.

I'd say Ingram but it's close. I'm assuming NO will go up on SF early and then feed Ingram the ball to run the clock, plus I think Green will have a mediocre game with Sanu blowing up vs. Cleveland.

----

Along the same lines...

Choose 1 in a 1PPR (I have Crabtree in now):
Michael Crabtree @NO
Andrew Hawkins @Cinci

• Locked thread