Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
6pt TD, Cutler @GB or Newton @Phi?

I'm really really tempted to drop Cam and alternate between Cutler and Stafford the rest of the way. Except for next week and week 17, that makes for some easy matchups (TB twice, Chi twice, NO). The Cutler owner dropped him for the bye and hasn't picked him back up yet, but I expect him to very soon. So I want to act fast, even if it means a slightly worse play this week. Sound good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

RVProfootballer posted:

6pt TD, Cutler @GB or Newton @Phi?

I'm really really tempted to drop Cam and alternate between Cutler and Stafford the rest of the way. Except for next week and week 17, that makes for some easy matchups. The Cutler owner dropped him for the bye and hasn't picked him back up yet, but I expect him to very soon. So I want to act fast, even if it means a slightly worse play this week. Sound good?

I'd go Cutler over Cam. I am completely done with Cam this year - he has a terrible backfield, a terrible O-line, a rookie WR and a tight end that gets shut down easily as his only throwing options. Not to mention his throwing has been very erratic.

Repost since we're on a new page:

Choose 1 in a 1PPR (I have Crabtree in now):

Michael Crabtree @NO
Andrew Hawkins @Cinci

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I have both Hoyer and Tate on the bench, should I start either of them or just assume the Bengals defense will shut them both down?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Amergin posted:

I'd go Cutler over Cam. I am completely done with Cam this year - he has a terrible backfield, a terrible O-line, a rookie WR and a tight end that gets shut down easily as his only throwing options. Not to mention his throwing has been very erratic.

Repost since we're on a new page:

Michael Crabtree @NO
Andrew Hawkins @Cinci

Hawkins is normally the better option but he's questionable for a thursday night start. He didn't practice monday or tuesday and was limited on wednesday. Even if he plays, he may be limited or get fewer targets out of caution. I'd stick with Crabs, even though SF has been very erratic in terms of targets. At least NO's defense sucks.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

SeannieDarko posted:

Ugh I never thought I'd long for the day to have Ryan Mathews back starting on my team...

Pick 1 RB. 1PPR.

Terrence West @ Cincinnati
Reggie Bush vs. Miami

Both seem to be in a RBBC, but Bush is coming back from injury. I'm just torn dammit.

Bumping this

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Terrance West (@ Cin)
Michael Crabtree (@ NO)
Andre Holmes (vs Den)

Is West the #1 back in Cleveland now? Starting West would also give me some flexibility in case Lamar Miller doesn't play this weekend (though it seems likely that he will play).

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

SeannieDarko posted:

Bumping this

I honestly like Bush better than West due to Joique Bell's penchant for concussions and West's terrible O-line. I know Bush is injury-prone and all, but in a PPR I still like him a bit better.

Splinter posted:

Terrance West (@ Cin)
Michael Crabtree (@ NO)
Andre Holmes (vs Den)

Is West the #1 back in Cleveland now? Starting West would also give me some flexibility in case Lamar Miller doesn't play this weekend (though it seems likely that he will play).

I'd do West out of those three. SF's offense is terrible and Denver is rough against the run.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

SeannieDarko posted:

Bumping this

West seems like the lead back but only got one target last week so he's not a big PPR value.

The last time Bush played part of a game (vs. the saints), he got six targets, but J. Bell had way more carries, and Bush sat the second half. He's Probable to play but I'd be surprised if he doesn't wind up giving up a fair amount of runs to Bell. And Miami has a good rush defense.

Overall this is a tossup because of PPR but I guess I lean a bit towards West, just because I'm always leery of injured players on their first week back.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Kaep v NO or Cutler v GB?

I'm wary of cutler versus a healthy GB defense, but Kaep is also playing like garbage, though against a worse defense.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Cutler. Kaep is barely startable right now. And this is coming from a (very frustrated) SF fan.

Even when Kaep is doing well, SF is a run-heavy offense compared to Chicago, and Gore is obviously frustrated and wants the ball more. And Hyde is good too. And SF is probably going to get up early against NO and then run the clock.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Tate @ Cin, Sankey @ Bal, Mason @ Ari, Wheaton @ NYJ (or someone like John Brown?), pick two (RB and flex)....bye week is hurting me this week.

Leperflesh posted:

Cutler. Kaep is barely startable right now. And this is coming from a (very frustrated) SF fan.

Even when Kaep is doing well, SF is a run-heavy offense compared to Chicago, and Gore is obviously frustrated and wants the ball more. And Hyde is good too. And SF is probably going to get up early against NO and then run the clock.
I do agree with playing Cutler (he's been really solid fantasy-wise even while he's being a mediocre real quarterback) and the Bears like to make him throw the ball (and they're going to have to air it out to try to keep up with GB), but NO is starting to gel offensively and playing in the Superdome the Niners may have to put up some points.

wyoak fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 6, 2014

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
^ I'm starting Cutler over Kaep. I ain't even worried.
I am starting Palmer over Cutler in another, tho.

Pick one WR2 and a flex, .5ppr:

Martavis Bryant @ NYJ
Sammy Watkins vs KC
Kelce @ BUF

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 6, 2014

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Watkins and Bryant baby!!! Oh hell yea!!!

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Leperflesh posted:

And SF is probably going to get up early against NO and then run the clock.

lol no probably not

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

wyoak posted:

Tate @ Cin, Sankey @ Bal, Mason @ Ari, Wheaton @ NYJ (or someone like John Brown?), pick two (RB and flex)....bye week is hurting me this week.

Wheaton and uhhhh... anyone else? I guess Tate and Mason. Tate should still get carries and even if he can only average 1 YPC, maybe one of those will be from the 1 yard line :) Just expect like 2-3 points from him, plus a chance of a TD. E: lol, last week against TB Tate exploded for 3 yards on 10 carries.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Nov 6, 2014

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

.5 PPR, need a flex play while Morris is on bye.

Michael Floyd v. STL
Holmes v. DEN
Hunter @BAL

Leaning Floyd in spite of the disappointing last few weeks. Hunter and Holmes are both cross your fingers and hope for garbage time options. My opponent is decimated by injuries and bye weeks, and I'm projected (lol) to win by like 60 points.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

1point PPR: Start ODBJ, or Reuben Randle? Both @SEA.

ESPN thinks Randle by a lot.

Go Go Gadget
Sep 24, 2004

Amergin posted:

Along the same lines...

Michael Crabtree @NO
Andrew Hawkins @Cinci

A bit late on this one but I think Crabby is the best answer here if only for injury concerns.

Leperflesh posted:

ODBJ. 100%.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

ESPN is absolutely wrong, hah. No contest. Now that OBJ is getting more targets, I don't even know if it's worth rostering Randle over, like, any random Jaguars receiver or whoever.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Yahoo scoring, 0 ppr, which RB do I bench?

Eddie Lacy vs. Chi
Jeremy Hill vs. Cle
Ronnie Hillman @ Oak

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

ESPN is absolutely wrong, hah. No contest. Now that OBJ is getting more targets, I don't even know if it's worth rostering Randle over, like, any random Jaguars receiver or whoever.

Hmm, OK. I was thinking something along the lines of, the deep threat being taken away by Seattle's secondary, etc. but I really did like what I saw of ODBJ last week.

Would you really roster Allen Robinson over Reuben Randle, in 1 PPR?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Leperflesh posted:

Definitely. Robinson is the #29 WR to Randle's #45 in PPR. Robinson has been really reliable as a WR3/4.

Also I need help with a decision. PPR scoring. I need two RBs and this decision is hurting my brain.

Fred Jackson vs. KC
Theo Riddick vs. MIA

Isaiah Crowell vs. CIN
Mystery Option?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

0.5ppr

Crowell @Cin
Sims vAtl
Rivera vDen

First, pick 1 RB then pick 1 player from the remaining two. Finally, cry in a fetal position.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
PPR1 league, need a TE decision.

Jason Witten @JAC (in London, Brandon Weeden QB)
Travis Kelce @BUF (Better defense, worse player, but does not have Brandon Weeden at QB)

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

old dog child posted:

0.5ppr

Crowell @Cin
Sims vAtl
Rivera vDen

First, pick 1 RB then pick 1 player from the remaining two. Finally, cry in a fetal position.

All Sims jokes aside... yeahhh I guess you gotta do that. Crowell might end up being the hot hand, and Lovie's been lax to play Charlie. Rivera, sure, why the hell not.

MechaFrogzilla posted:

PPR1 league, need a TE decision.

Jason Witten @JAC (in London, Brandon Weeden QB)
Travis Kelce @BUF (Better defense, worse player, but does not have Brandon Weeden at QB)

:psyboom:

Zombie Tsunami fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 7, 2014

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

+1

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Hmm, OK. I was thinking something along the lines of, the deep threat being taken away by Seattle's secondary, etc. but I really did like what I saw of ODBJ last week.

The problem is Randle doesn't actually catch the ball very often. I can't see Randle continuing to get so many targets when he's so bad and lil Becks is so good.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

timp posted:

Yahoo scoring, 0 ppr, which RB do I bench?

Eddie Lacy vs. Chi
Jeremy Hill vs. Cle
Ronnie Hillman @ Oak

Good lord, who is in your flex?

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Flex Question:

Frank Gore @ NO
Travis Kelce @ Buf

Gore has been bad the last 3 weeks running and the SF offense just looks like Trash. It's also a bad sign they refuse to give him goal line work. Meanwhile Kelce looks great, but fat man Reid doesn't seem to want to play him more than 50% of snaps...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

The problem is Randle doesn't actually catch the ball very often. I can't see Randle continuing to get so many targets when he's so bad and lil Becks is so good.

So I was looking at the wrong league's player list, and Allen Robinson is actually already owned in the league where I own Randle.

Would any of you drop Randle in favor of any of these fine FLEX options? ESPN scoring projection is shown, full 1 PPR.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Frustrated posted:

Flex Question:

Frank Gore @ NO
Travis Kelce @ Buf

Gore has been bad the last 3 weeks running and the SF offense just looks like Trash. It's also a bad sign they refuse to give him goal line work. Meanwhile Kelce looks great, but fat man Reid doesn't seem to want to play him more than 50% of snaps...

Tough call, due to matchups. I'd say Kelce despite playing a much tougher D, because Gore is sharing time with Hyde and the Niners are generally sucking right now, but it's close to a coinflip.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Frustrated posted:

Flex Question:

Frank Gore @ NO
Travis Kelce @ Buf

Perfect screen name Gore/Kelce ownership combo. I'd go with Kelce, NO has the #1 run D at home.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Leperflesh posted:

So I was looking at the wrong league's player list, and Allen Robinson is actually already owned in the league where I own Randle.

Would any of you drop Randle in favor of any of these fine FLEX options? ESPN scoring projection is shown, full 1 PPR.

Martavis in a second.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Terrance West, Mike Wallace or Charles Sims in my swing spot?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Zombie Tsunami posted:

All Sims jokes aside... yeahhh I guess you gotta do that. Crowell might end up being the hot hand, and Lovie's been lax to play Charlie. Rivera, sure, why the hell not.

Thanks, yeah I figure. Rivera was the best guy I could grab off FA who could have a great game. Match up upside, basically.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
Need to play 2 of the 3, league is 1 PPR

AJ Green
Sanu
Mark Ingram

So far going with Sanu and Green figuring Sanu will get a bunch of receptions and Green might snag a TD or two. Is it totally retarded to keep Ingram out this week? He and Sanu have the exact same projected score basically but I feel like Sanu will have an easier time getting points and I don't feel like I should bench AJ ever.

edit Nevermind I have only 3 minutes so I'm gonna hope for the best and put Sanu and Green both in :pray:

Scorps fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Nov 7, 2014

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Zombie Tsunami posted:

OK fair, I guess I haven't paid too much attention to how much Witten has dropped off (I've been starting Gates pretty regularly), but the question stands--is JAX as the opponent big enough to start Witten? I'm thinking the answer is Kelce, even if BUF defends TEs pretty well.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

warcrimes posted:

Good lord, who is in your flex?

No flex in this league, just 3 WRs :/

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

timp posted:

No flex in this league, just 3 WRs :/

Haha, well I hope you didn't start Hill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

Scorps posted:

edit Nevermind I have only 3 minutes so I'm gonna hope for the best and put Sanu and Green both in :pray:

• Locked thread