Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

...I feel like I'm gonna die. Good bye, my Luck good bye.

Welcome to the Week 10 NFL Fantasy Football sit/start thread!

Don't sit your studs unless they aren't really studs in which case maybe sit them.

List your league settings and matchups when you post your sit/start questions.

Remember that the Dallas/Jacksonville game is actually in London this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm hosed because I have to start Matt Ryan, the guy I drafted. :(

thrawn527 posted:

Need help with a bye week fill in for TE. NFL, nonPPR.

Jordan Cameron @Cin
Mychal Rivera vs. Den

I'd lean Rivera due to targets alone, but Cameron is playing Cin, and Cle vs. Cin games can get crazy. Plus Cameron has to get better eventually, right?

Cameron is by far the more experienced player, and his role is fairly settled. He's also still listed as Questionable on concussion protocol, and didn't practice today.

Rivera is the new kid on a terrible team but it looks like Carr is willing to give him a bunch of targets. And the Raiders will surely be down early against Denver and forced to throw the ball a lot.

And he was able to put up a bunch of points against Seattle, so he must have talent too.

For a one-week fill-in I like Rivera.

Yoshifan823 posted:

Alright S/S thread, I need some WR help. In bold is my current decision process, but are any of the guys on my bench any better? (tl;dr: how good are Jordan Matthews and Kenny Britt gonna be this week?)

Sit two of these guys: (.5PPR, bonuses for 40+ yard plays and going over 100, 150, and 200 yards)
Mike Wallace @ Det
Allen Robinson vs. Dal
Mike Evans vs. Atl

Mo Sanu vs. Cle
Jordan Matthews vs. Car

Sit one of these guys (0PPR)
Golden Tate vs. Mia
Allen Robinson vs. Dal
Kenny Britt @ Ari

Michael Crabtree @ NO

Sit two of these guys (1PPR, Long Bomb TD Bonus)
Brandon Marshall @ GB
Anquan Boldin @ NO
Mike Wallace @ Det

Jordan Matthews vs. Car
Kenny Britt @ Ariet

Definitely sit Matthews and Crabs. Britt does not seem like a deep threat guy and I don't like his matchup so that seems alright, but I have less of an opinion.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Chris de Sperg posted:

Rivera has been starting all season, getting plenty of targets because he's on an offensive with a decent QB and offensive line but no receivers at all, and doing jack loving poo poo with them. He had 101 yards through the first 6 weeks. He's one of the worst starting tight ends in the league in terms of talent. He's benefited over the last two weeks from wideouts being blanketed by Richard Sherman and Joe Haden. He's fine as a fill-in, and I'm picking him up in one league this week as a bye-week starter, but don't delude yourself into thinking he's anything more than that.

Rivera's targets have seen a significant uptick in the last two games:

...and last game was the first time he was given any red zone targets.

While I agree he's not a great player in terms of raw talent, Oakland has nothing else to throw at and with volume will come production.

I am only endorsing him as a fill-in over a man with a concussion who may not play and if he does play, may be limited. I think that's reasonable, and I think he's also an interesting gamble to grab for the bench just to see what happens in the next couple weeks - whether his target and catch numbers are sustained or if they drop back off.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

tonic posted:

ESPN standard league, pick a QB:

Ryan @ TB
Newton @ Philly

Don't really like either, but leaning Ryan since TB has been so awful this year?

Both QBs are in trouble, but for different reasons.

Cam's receivers keep dropping the ball when he's on target, and he's off-target too much. His scrambling ability seems to have degraded, and his defense can't keep him on the field.

Ryan's OL is swiss cheese so he's getting crushed constantly, forcing him to throw too quickly and that takes away deep routes from his star receivers. He's also played a brutal schedule of away games (with London counting as "home") and Ryan is much better home than away.

That leaves me with matchups. Philly's D/ST is mostly their ST, specializing in huge TD punt returns, takeaways, punt blocks, etc. They're not as good at generating interceptions, and their weakness is in the secondary, so Cam may manage some deep balls to Benjamin (oh god please :pray:).

Tampa Bay has some decent LBs etc. but they also have both a weak secondary and a weak pass rush. I think between the two, they're a marginally better matchup for Ryan than Philly is for Cam. And Julio Jones is desperate for a TD right now. Do you think TB can cover him effectively? Benjamin is very impressive but still a rookie who drops passes that bounce off his numbers. Julio Jones is (or should be) a top-5 WR.

I'd start Ryan, but if I had the option, I'd start Carr or Sanchez over either one of them. And starting Cam is a reasonable choice over Ryan if you just don't trust his team to keep him protected right now.

Keep in mind that ESPN standard is -2 points per INT, as opposed to the other major sites' standard being -1, so we have to emphasize the QB we think will throw fewer interceptions heavily.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Amergin posted:

I'd go Cutler over Cam. I am completely done with Cam this year - he has a terrible backfield, a terrible O-line, a rookie WR and a tight end that gets shut down easily as his only throwing options. Not to mention his throwing has been very erratic.

Repost since we're on a new page:

Choose 1 in a 1PPR (I have Crabtree in now):

Michael Crabtree @NO
Andrew Hawkins @Cinci

Hawkins is normally the better option but he's questionable for a thursday night start. He didn't practice monday or tuesday and was limited on wednesday. Even if he plays, he may be limited or get fewer targets out of caution. I'd stick with Crabs, even though SF has been very erratic in terms of targets. At least NO's defense sucks.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

SeannieDarko posted:

Bumping this

West seems like the lead back but only got one target last week so he's not a big PPR value.

The last time Bush played part of a game (vs. the saints), he got six targets, but J. Bell had way more carries, and Bush sat the second half. He's Probable to play but I'd be surprised if he doesn't wind up giving up a fair amount of runs to Bell. And Miami has a good rush defense.

Overall this is a tossup because of PPR but I guess I lean a bit towards West, just because I'm always leery of injured players on their first week back.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Cutler. Kaep is barely startable right now. And this is coming from a (very frustrated) SF fan.

Even when Kaep is doing well, SF is a run-heavy offense compared to Chicago, and Gore is obviously frustrated and wants the ball more. And Hyde is good too. And SF is probably going to get up early against NO and then run the clock.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

1point PPR: Start ODBJ, or Reuben Randle? Both @SEA.

ESPN thinks Randle by a lot.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

ESPN is absolutely wrong, hah. No contest. Now that OBJ is getting more targets, I don't even know if it's worth rostering Randle over, like, any random Jaguars receiver or whoever.

Hmm, OK. I was thinking something along the lines of, the deep threat being taken away by Seattle's secondary, etc. but I really did like what I saw of ODBJ last week.

Would you really roster Allen Robinson over Reuben Randle, in 1 PPR?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

The problem is Randle doesn't actually catch the ball very often. I can't see Randle continuing to get so many targets when he's so bad and lil Becks is so good.

So I was looking at the wrong league's player list, and Allen Robinson is actually already owned in the league where I own Randle.

Would any of you drop Randle in favor of any of these fine FLEX options? ESPN scoring projection is shown, full 1 PPR.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Frustrated posted:

Flex Question:

Frank Gore @ NO
Travis Kelce @ Buf

Gore has been bad the last 3 weeks running and the SF offense just looks like Trash. It's also a bad sign they refuse to give him goal line work. Meanwhile Kelce looks great, but fat man Reid doesn't seem to want to play him more than 50% of snaps...

Tough call, due to matchups. I'd say Kelce despite playing a much tougher D, because Gore is sharing time with Hyde and the Niners are generally sucking right now, but it's close to a coinflip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Philadelphia vs. CAR
or
Detroit vs. MIA

Detroid has the best D/ST in the league right now. If you have them on your roster they're a stud and you start them every week.

Philidelphia is also a stud though, and if you have them on your roster too, well, drat, maybe trade them for a good player if you can?

quote:

e: I'm also starting James Starks while we wait to hear exactly what's going on with FJax. If FJax plays, is it worth dropping Starks for any of these guys over Romo?

Carr vs. DEN
Davis @ ARI
BORT vs. DAL
Orton vs. KC
McCown vs. ATL
Vick vs. PIT
Mettenberger @ BAL

I have to imagine that a crippled Romo is a better option than any of those guys, even if he's going to attempt 10 passes and be sitting by the end of the 3rd :negative:

I think Carr is going to be tossing tons of passes because obviously Denver is going to get a strong lead on them early, but, if you take -2 points per interception (e.g., ESPN standard) I'd still favor Romo.

Atlanta's defense is bad so McCown might also be an option, especially if your INTs are only -1.

• Locked thread