Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Sry for the delay but I'm currently just in a slump since my family is going through a rough patch atm and I'm mostly busy with that

Heck I didn't even post in the chat thread for what seems like ages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

condolences, and good luck on sorting that, then

for the rest of you: stop shooting armoured necrons with autoguns you loving idiots. have a destroyer lord.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
looks like those low rolls continued into my to-hit roll :D

I was going to continue to do the damage but I couldn't find the rules for necrons so welp.

the fart question fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 2, 2017

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Hey Chuggo, come get some hot double team action on this robot that I charged and missed on because I don't want it to gouge out my eyes next turn.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

is murdelia shooting with a bad gun or a good gun

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

is murdelia shooting with a bad gun or a good gun

to quote easy D: Bad! You wanna pop away with that boltgun you got there.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

can murdelia's scruntsistant hand her the boltgun so it doesn't cost her any of her action to get it into her power mitts and then she can shoot it full auto at enemy robits?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what? no, you're already shooting with the boltgun. you just missed.

last round a single shot brought a fresh necron down to almost critical damage

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh okay.

I'm sorry, I'm barely paying attention to details here, I feel like the intricacies of combat mechanics just aren't that vital to scrunting.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
im gonna doa post

probably tomorrow

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

condolences, and good luck on sorting that, then

for the rest of you: stop shooting armoured necrons with autoguns you loving idiots. have a destroyer lord.

We're scrunts, we only know stupidity and garbage.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
sorry im too busy to effort-scrunt at the moment

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

busy polishing his skull if you know what I mean

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

well you'll have some time to edit that into an actual post, there's only been two actions so far

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:
Fuckin' SLAM SECTOR has been the most entertaining thing I've ever read. Keep it up your glorious scrunt bastards. I'm only on page 13 of the game thread and I can't wait to see what happens next.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Yo DJF, if you're waiting for people to post before you update (both here and in the DH game) then you may as well post an update and :killing:.

If you're just done updating than RIP games I guess.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I'll post tomorrow, I pinky swear :scrunt:

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

that game thread was the best thing i've read in a long time. I was super bummed the not Tyranid Scrunt stopped posting

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Scruntanid was extremely good

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

I got sold on the thread when someone decided to rifle through peoples belongings and literally shot up their stuff.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ok guys i'm calling it, i would like this to end with dignity rather than drag on, and i think we're all running out of steam a bit

thank you for playing, it's been great!

thank you for sticking with this when it dragged, and for the many, many scrunty words posted and created in this goofy-rear end concept that somehow ran for over a thousand quality, in-character posts

game thread remains open for epilogue posts if you fancy it; if you're not a player or a random person RPing a scrunt, post in here instead

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Pouring a 40 out for my homies my disgusting hellbeasts.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

It was an honor scrunting with you all. :scrunt:

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

I'm gonna miss you scrunty fackers

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
so when's the next game?

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

I hope soon, but if you guys do Dark Heresy, I'd like to join and make a redemptionist (unfortunately, that career only exists in First Edition.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
but for real it's been great fun scrunting

laughed way too much at some of the stupid poo poo we got up to

cheers Shlong :cheers:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I enjoyed the hell out of spectating this thread and had a good time getting to jump in and contribute in my little way.

More broadly, I've read a fair few PbP games on this forum and this has been one of the best, which is remarkable considering how many of the players had no prior experience doing play-by-post. And even more remarkable considering the entire game was based on a dumb warhammer meme.

Most of the credit for that goes to Down Jacket Fetish of course. You've been an amazing, amazing GM and your effort really drew out effort from the players. Thanks man.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
yah, good call. was awesome fun, but I'm just disappointed that I didn't join up sooner.

maybe the next one should be about some marines who just want to collect skulls and stand on mounds?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i'm tempted by the idea of something that facilitates swapping people in and out quite quickly, like a deathwatch contingent deployed to a clusterfuck warzone where you can jump from scene to scene easily

but idk, i will consider things re: next game later on

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i'm tempted by the idea of something that facilitates swapping people in and out quite quickly, like a deathwatch contingent deployed to a clusterfuck warzone where you can jump from scene to scene easily

but idk, i will consider things re: next game later on

Deathwatch would be good for that, but man some of the first edition rules have not aged well. Rogue Trader could be a good one too (though with the same caveat as Deathwatch) because players can go redshirt on deck somewhere and replaced with one of the other tens of thousands of crew members aboard if they fall out.

I'm of the opinion of any of the old systems that you replace the combat with Black Crusade/Only War/DH2 rules w/r/t things like single shot vs auto fire and swift/lightning attack.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I had an idea for a Scrunty Dreadnought with 1950s refrigerators for fists just wrecking poo poo up defending a huge trash pile. I have no idea how that would fit into anything, but there you go.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I shoulder my share of responsibility for running out of steam, sorry everyone, but I want to take the opportunity to say that Down Jacket Fetish has been one of the best GMs I've had the pleasure of playing with, no lie. I lost count of the times I'd read an update by him that had something going g on in it that cracked me up and the amount of effort put into things like the scrunt base building rules (which we barely used lol) was amazing. Also good taste in music.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

DJF is best GM 10/10 would make him write words about scrunt dicks again.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
yeah the music was 100% my jam

synth good

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

anyway i'm gonna PM someone to see about getting the game archived in whatever goldmine-or-purgatory type thing happens around here in TG, so if you want to cap things off for your scrunt, do it over June

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Thanks guys for the insane trip! It was my first PbP game and who would have thought that we could ride this meme for like 3 years? I fell of the posting wagon at some point because I felt like I did everything with Grimply's character and then just started to repeat myself which put a downer on my effort so maybe I should have given up and made room for someone else but whatever. Smelly hugs to y'all and an extra buttslap to our GM for being all around good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Yeah um, sorry about my levels of commitment to this project being uh, spotty. I swear it was at least half due to being busy senior year college commitments. The other half's on me. I'm not great at doing PbP, honestly. Setting aside like an hour to painstakingly calculate how best to win a combat which at the very best won't be resolved for like a month, while playing whatever dope-rear end beats DJT linked in his last post on a loop. Or maybe the problem was all the excitement about my character was front-loaded since I'm not a good enough roleplayer to interestingly roleplay "barely sapient garbage-monster" (because that's just too mundane and close to reality).Thanks for taking me aboard, though. It was cool.

I'm still so stoked about that drawing my friend made. I wasn't even expecting anything of that quality.

Edit: DJT is good

• Locked thread