Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

You've spent a round lascutting - you have a hole you can poke your pistol through if you want next round, and the roll I'll want for that is WS (not BS, this is a matter of close-quarter reactions) + 20 + whatever attack you do (standard or full auto).

Have given you a +20 (+10 strapped into the turret and can't move easily, +10 higher ground), but no Surprise bonus because he's fighting mad and hopped up on frenzon fumes. No range bonus because this is quasi-melee.

Alternatively you can spend next round lascutting as well, to get a hole big enough to crawl through on round 3. This is if you want to use the turret yourself, although at this rate it is uncertain whether or not there'll be anything to shoot at. Melee will be the same as the pistolling above, although you can't full-auto with a wrench. Yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Oh ok I didn't know it would take another turn to totally pop the hatch

so I'll probably just shoot that stupid gunner in the face

Alternatively, could I pop a smoke grenade in that small hole??

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Look at scrunts gettin all the bonuses :biotruths:

Oh and schlong, since you mentioned fate points I wanted to know in what timeframe they'll generally get replenished? I don't assume it's on an encounter basis cause that would be sorta broken. I was close to reroll my glorious 1 on the damage dice, but then didn't because I was warry of using my fate this early. Also it's kinda funny and certainly scrunty.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Smoke grenade won't do anything in terms of choking, it will obscure the chimera, mean you and the gunner can't see anything, and possibly make it so the driver can't see what's going on either. It may provide cover to the rambo hordes. You can certainly wang it in there though.

Actually thinking about the lascutting, you're not actually cutting a hole through the armour so much as you are cutting the hinges off the hatch. So yeah, let's say it's popped open enough that you can squirm in and start grappling with/hitting the gunner. That said if speed is your thing then I'd still recommend lighting him up with the autopistol if you want to potentially kill him in one round, and now that he's got a target he will melee in preference to shooting the turret.

Fate points come back probably every couple of encounters at major landmarks. Depends, really. If you have a nice quiet road trip that takes three ingame days, your FP will come back. If you're battling through a trench system to blow up an orphanage, you may only get FP back once you have achieved your objective.

Sarge ain't going to take any damage from a damage roll of 1 - PDF helmet + toughness will soak all 4 points of damage handily, even accounting for the pen 1 of your longlas. Honestly it's not exactly essential to your survival at this point so I wouldn't reroll.

If you loathsome scrunts have questions re: stuff and don't want to clutter the thread hit me up on skype as bronzestag it's named after a statue ok

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

scalded schlong posted:

Sarge ain't going to take any damage from a damage roll of 1 - PDF helmet + toughness will soak all 4 points of damage handily, even accounting for the pen 1 of your longlas. Honestly it's not exactly essential to your survival at this point so I wouldn't reroll.
It's my punishment for gettin greedy instead of full turn aiming

In my mind the shot got blocked by his family photo

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I am probably going to wang in the smoke grenade to just generally cause even more havoc and confusion, then leap ontop of the gunner and wrastle him, while being blinded by smoke

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Yo Schlong just above the map you've written Gumbo when I think you mean Grumb because you reference shooting and I don't think Gumbo will be shooting at any point in this encounter.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

fixed! the gently caress do all you scrunts have named beginning with G for

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Is the Chimera Gunner exposed at all? Or is the pintle mount covered?

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

It has a turret and a pintle gun, the gunner will be running the turret from inside.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Yeah, that makes sense. :downs:

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Are these the combat actions? I can't remember if this is from Only War or Black Crusade

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I know what my character is going to do and it's very unlikely whatever Groin and Grimply do is going to change it. Would you be ok with me posting now or would you like me to wait for Moola and Tin Tim to post first to keep it in order?

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Are these the combat actions? I can't remember if this is from Only War or Black Crusade

Yeah that's them.

Who What Now posted:

I know what my character is going to do and it's very unlikely whatever Groin and Grimply do is going to change it. Would you be ok with me posting now or would you like me to wait for Moola and Tin Tim to post first to keep it in order?

He said in the game thread to just post in whatever order we want.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Yeah post whenever. If your action could become invalid due to other people going before you it'd be nice to have alternatives, though.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
im going to wait a little bit, but i want to punch that sarge in the dick i will wait to post to see how the situation develops with the chimera and all the scrunts going before me!

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Waroduce posted:

im going to wait a little bit, but i want to punch that sarge in the dick i will wait to post to see how the situation develops with the chimera and all the scrunts going before me!

We should aim to get to the Sarge at the same time really, we'll get +30 each for double team.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
ok, i am planning on waiting to see what the chimera does since it goes well ahead of me

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

well I'm planning on attacking him next turn, we need to clear out these regular dudes first I think

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
O should I just go ahead and punch whoever im next to than, regardless of the chimera turns?

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

I think the safe bet is to punch, but also include an alternative action at the bottom of your post. Like, if schlong is mean and let's the crazed chimera back up through its own dudes, you probably wanna dodge :v:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ok so this post

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

basically contains all the combat actions and a brief summary. Couple things to note:

• You get two half actions or one full action a round. You also get a Reaction, which generally takes place once someone does something to you.
  • You don't need most of this poo poo.
  • You need to Ready an item before you can use it. Before combat I'll say this happens automatically but if you want to pull a grenade mid-fight, that's half an action. This does not include holstering your other gun if what you're drawing needs two hands to use - drop it for free, or spend a full round switching rifles.
  • You can only use Swift or Lightning attack if you have the requisite talents. guess what they are called
  • You can only take one Attack action a turn. Swinging with two weapons or firing a full-auto burst comprising of lots of shots are one attack; taking single shots at two different people is not.
  • Same with Concentration but no-one cares about that.

Pretty sure everyone's got the hang of tests (1d100 vs characteristic/skill plus or minus bonuses), and initiative's explained in-thread, but I dunno if Wounds have come up yet.

• Basically if you get hit you might take damage. Your toughness bonus and armour are subtracted from the damage roll of the attack, and you take the remainder as damage. Some weapons are armour-piercing and have a Pen stat; this dictates the amount of armour they ignore.

• If you take damage in combat and it exceeds your Wounds stat the excess gets applied as Critical Damage. This is bad, and will kill you once it gets above about 5 or so. Random mooks like these PDF troopers die once they take any; tougher guys like the sarge will follow the same crit rules as you.

• If you roll 10 on a damage dice and it actually does damage (i.e isn't soaked by toughness and armour) then you have Righteous Furied (or Scruntious Furied) and immediately do 1d5 critical damage to the thing what you shot. If it gets entirely soaked, you instead do 1pt damage.

Ignite Memories you fired twice in your round so I'm converting the shot that missed into an "aim" action instead. You hit with an extra bullet!

Moola you are the first scrunt to act so I would like confirmation that you're 'nading before I update.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Well aiming seems a little out of character for me but ok, thank you.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

I'm a little iffy about the boni from your stats. Like, you get a +1 for each full ten points as your modifier, right? But does that modifier only count for skill test, or do you also include it on attacks?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

The characteristic bonuses only really come up in particular situations, there's no sweeping rule for it - they don't really impact attacks and you don't use it for skill tests. Like your agility bonus dictates how fast you can move, but you don't add it to your successes or anything. Weapon Skill and Ballistic Skill bonuses only come up with certain talents. Strength and Toughness bonuses are the most common because they're added to melee damage and count for soaking damage, respectively.

Basically if you're rolling d100, your skill bonus is very unlikely to come up. The only time it will impact is if you have an unnatural characteristic (e.g. Orks have some Unnatural Toughness) meaning you get extra degrees of success but that'll be highlighted if it ever happens.

(The Aim action will be skinned as tracer rounds)

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

FirstPersonShitter posted:

I should say at this juncture that it'd be a horrible idea for groin to pop his smoke

agreed

so I'm assuming ive successfully popped off the hinge on the turret hatch, and can now climb inside and wrastle the gunner?

if so, then I am definitely going to pop a smoke first because I am an agent of chaos, soz

also, am I in combat yet and do I need to use a half action to ready my grenade?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Technically yeah but you see people with grenades hanging off their jackets all the time so let's say you can ready grenades for free if you ain't attacked that round yet, assuming you're geared up for combat (e.g. if attacked in middle of night when asleep, unlikely).

However you can't grenade and wrestle in the same round as that's two attack actions.

Also yes the hatch has popped open so you can both molest each other. You're both in melee range but not technically in melee - the gunner won't get a free attack if you do stuff other than melee him, because he's still strapped in. He'll pop his straps sooner or later though, probably once he gets an action, after which he will lunge for you and you will be In Melee.

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Nov 17, 2014

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

god dammit moola

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

at least he put it inside the tank instead of outside to gently caress with us

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Asphyxiation is a bitch, i hope they come out and we can punch everyone in the dick

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The fight thus far!

Urok:

Dak:

Scurrilous and Grimply:

Grumb and Kreb:

Gumbo:

Groin:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Beautiful :allears:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Prediction of the upcoming PDF Troopers turn:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
omg

Im dying holy poo poo

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
that was amazing

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Everything is cool and the scruntventure was a really good idea!

Gameplay question though, since there are now no more good targets left, I'm kinda out of things to do. Such is the fate of a sniper, but I don't want to shoot into a melee with scrunts that I have no beef with(Take this as a hint Ignite Memories, never be in melee when I can see you). I know a scrunt would do, but I kinda fear my longlas could actually kill one of the other players. So if I'm not missing something, my best course of action would probably be to move closer and maybe cheer y'all on while you hack at the sarge. I could also do some kind of magical roll to cast a scrunt prayer that gives everyone a +1 or something if schlong let's me?

I mean, I'd also like to help out Groin before he ruins my magboots with poo when he gets choked to death, but I can't really see how I could, and other scrunts are closer than me.

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Nov 18, 2014

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

You should probably snipe wildly into the cloud of smoke.

edit: okay, so as an action I can move a number of meters equal to my agility bonus. which is... what, 3? My agility is 35.
And the squares are... am I reading this right? 2 meters? So I can move a square and a half, or 3 squares as a full action?
Do you need an agility of 40 to charge, or am I missing something?

Basically I want to go knife that sargeant in the back is what i'm saying. A scruntpile just seems like the right thing to do.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 18, 2014

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

It's not equal to ag bonus, it's decided by it, there's a table somewhere but I don't have the book to hand

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ignite Memories posted:

You should probably snipe wildly into the cloud of smoke.

edit: okay, so as an action I can move a number of meters equal to my agility bonus. which is... what, 3? My agility is 35.
And the squares are... am I reading this right? 2 meters? So I can move a square and a half, or 3 squares as a full action?
Do you need an agility of 40 to charge, or am I missing something?

Basically I want to go knife that sargeant in the back is what i'm saying. A scruntpile just seems like the right thing to do.

scalded schlong posted:

Double move is a full-round action meaning you can't shoot. I forgot that the movement tables in Only War are completely insane (rules as written a regular guy using Sprint can only go 72 consecutive metres without being dehabilitatively winded for four hours) but if you want numbers on how far you can move let's say your Ag bonus in squares for half-move / triple for full round move (thanks Sprint), quadruple your Ag bonus for a charge, and eight times for running (Sprint again)

Subject to change if these seem silly. Maybe it is the scale that seems silly? Tactical map only a rough guideline. Objects in rear mirror may be closer than they appear.

ya i think i screwed up the scale, unless 10m looks about right for an APC?? let's say one square = 1 sq metre.

You're currently holding your heavy stubber. You can charge in and bean the sarge with that (full action, counts-as Unbalanced regular club), or you can stow it and draw your Special Club (half action) and sort of sidle up next to him without attacking (half action), to let other scrunts get the ganging up bonus.

Alternatively, because you go quite late in the turn you could wait to see what happens. I will update re: the first few guys' moves later tonight.

e: re: sniper not having anything to do, if you gently caress up a shot you could always fate point it. Remember you only hit the friendly guy in melee if you fail because of the melee penalty, so if you roll like 90-something the shot just goes totally wide and no harm, no foul.

Alternatively if Moola wins his grapple check and elects to hold the guy instead of to do damage, you can shoot that PDF fella with no penalty.

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Nov 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Guys help!!!

• Locked thread