Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Just wanted to say that you scrunts have created the best fecking thread on the whole feckin internet, so keep up the good work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Moola posted:

Guys help!!!
I tried but the virtual dice hates me

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

we're coming moola

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I did good

I electrocuted a guys dick

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Tin Tim posted:

Also I like that you keep posting songs that I also like, schlong :hf:

seriously, fuckin tunes mate!

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Waroduce posted:

I did good

I electrocuted a guys dick
The scruntfather smiles on your dick punches

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

This game is hilarious, I only hope that Sgt. Ernie wakes up tied and in the gentle mercies of Dak.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
I made the mistake of watching that Arnold Total Recall gif while listening to the Peturbator song, lost about an hour of my life.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Tin Tim posted:

The scruntfather smiles on your dick punches

Kreb:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

I made the mistake of watching that Arnold Total Recall gif while listening to the Peturbator song, lost about an hour of my life.

same but listened to loads of their other songs, fuckin ace

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I'll go for the gunner/moola you guys go for the driver

Schlong you confused gumbo with grumb again I'm sorry we have such hosed up scrunt names

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
if I die im just saying that I basically saved you all

stopped that gunner shooting anyone

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Dak and Kreb should probably make shots at the gunner if the smoke has cleared

E: somebody should kill the sarge before his nuts recover

Phoon fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Nov 19, 2014

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
can I make any actions?

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

You have a turn to struggle, then the gunner gets another turn before any of us have a chance to reach you, unless dak or kreb can shoot the gunner off you.

I looked up your options as a grappled scrunt and they are:

Break free (opposed strength test)
Slip free (challenging acrobatics test)
Take control (opposed strength test)

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
can I let off another smoke grenade?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Phoon posted:

I'll go for the gunner/moola you guys go for the driver

Schlong you confused gumbo with grumb again I'm sorry we have such hosed up scrunt names

goddammit

fixed

Moola you basically have limited options at this point, I am afraid, and they are the above. You're rolling at -10 for fatigue and gunner gets +20 for molesting a prone target.

On the other hand you're not likely to take much damage before the other dudes slam the gunner off you, and besides, he snaps out of his frenzy once he's done one more round of erotic asphyxiation so he'll probably recoil in horror.

Remember that you only get shot on 90+ as you're flat on your back, so encourage others to shoot you. Bizarrely I think you can still dodge gunfire even if grappled.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Phoon posted:

You have a turn to struggle, then the gunner gets another turn before any of us have a chance to reach you, unless dak or kreb can shoot the gunner off you.
Look I may roll like poo poo but don't pretend like I'm not even there :colbert:

I think my spot in the order is directly after Moola, so pls don't die

Also lol at the chimera having a new coat of scrunts

E: I'm gonna hold my post until the last two scrunts went though, they could also help Moola

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Tin Tim posted:

Look I may roll like poo poo but don't pretend like I'm not even there :colbert:

I think my spot in the order is directly after Moola, so pls don't die

Also lol at the chimera having a new coat of scrunts

Oh yeah I was focused on moola going first and the gunner going before the three of us who are riding the tank

So there's three opportunities for someone to shoot the gunner

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Who would have thought that our first fight would be so dramatic :ohdear:

scalded schlong posted:

code:
Groin		14
Grimply		11
Chimera Gunner	11
Chimera Driver	10
Scurrilous	9
Gumbo		9
Kreb		8
Sarge		8
Grumb		7
Dak		6
Urok		4
PDF dudes	4

So it looks like I may have to fate point when I roll my usual, and nobody saved Moola by then

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol no-one cares that Waroduce has taken six times as much damage as Moola, but this may be because he isn't whining about it like a scruntlet

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

hey wait do me and waroduce get double team if we both try to hit the driver?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I am the best Scrunt I can be. And I am proud of that.

gently caress you, Jace. Your name is stupid and I'm glad my bullets hit your stupid chest.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Phoon posted:

hey wait do me and waroduce get double team if we both try to hit the driver?

yeah sure why not, not like she can dodge two things at once while strapped in

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
How close am I to being kia? Is it actually kia or unconscious till end of encounter?

I dont understand wounds n poo poo

Also how does healing work im p blase about it bc I figure ill be healed by the nxt encounter.

Also to get xp do I need to kill ppl or that's not how it works

I also intend to play urok balls2walls

I didn't go to save whoevers on the ground bc I go so far down the initiation list I figured the problem will be resolved

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

scalded schlong posted:

yeah sure why not, not like she can dodge two things at once while strapped in

People often have trouble dodging multiple weapons attempting to stab/cut/bludgeon their face/throat/head, respectively.

E:

Also, how long would it take for me to run to the Chimera? I really don't just want to unload another full-auto burst and hope for another miracle.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Would attempting to reach/charge Jace be a full action? Dak is a Medic first, and he considers beating the poo poo out of an enemy to be preventative medicine.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

scalded schlong posted:

lol no-one cares that Waroduce has taken six times as much damage as Moola, but this may be because he isn't whining about it like a scruntlet
Well tbf, I didn't even realize that and you presented Moola's case as much more pressing

Urok should heal by crotch punching imo

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I HEAL BY BATHING IN THE BLOOD OF MINE ENEMIES

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Phoon posted:

god dammit moola

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Only War Rulebook posted:

FATIGUE
Not all injuries in Only War are lethal. Exhaustion, combat trauma, or swapping licks with bare fists can all leave a character battered but more or less intact. Fatigue measures the amount of non-lethal injury a character can take over the course of game play. Characters gain Fatigue from certain types of attacks, Grappling, some Critical Effects, and other Actions that push them beyond safe limits. Fatigue is measured in levels. A character can take a number of levels of Fatigue equal to his Toughness Bonus and still function, albeit with some side effects. Should a character take a number of levels of Fatigue in excess of his Toughness Bonus, he collapses, unconscious for 10–TB minutes; after the character awakens, his levels of Fatigue revert to a number equal to his Toughness Bonus. Characters suffering from any level of Fatigue suffer a –10 penalty to all Tests.

Moola you aren't actually knocked out yet. Not even close, really.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Waroduce posted:

How close am I to being kia? Is it actually kia or unconscious till end of encounter?

I dont understand wounds n poo poo

scalded schlong posted:

• Basically if you get hit you might take damage. Your toughness bonus and armour are subtracted from the damage roll of the attack, and you take the remainder as damage. Some weapons are armour-piercing and have a Pen stat; this dictates the amount of armour they ignore.

• If you take damage in combat and it exceeds your Wounds stat the excess gets applied as Critical Damage. This is bad, and will kill you once it gets above about 5 or so. Random mooks like these PDF troopers die once they take any; tougher guys like the sarge will follow the same crit rules as you.

• If you roll 10 on a damage dice and it actually does damage (i.e isn't soaked by toughness and armour) then you have Righteous Furied (or Scruntious Furied) and immediately do 1d5 critical damage to the thing what you shot. If it gets entirely soaked, you instead do 1pt damage.

Your wounds is like 13 or something and you've taken 6. It's not really worrisome yet for the simple reason that there's nothing on the field likely to cause you any damage unless the driver shakes you off. Dak can patch you up but he might not necessarily fix all of it, and you don't heal at the end of the encounter what is this D&D?

Tin Tim posted:

Well tbf, I didn't even realize that and you presented Moola's case as much more pressing

Did Not Read Thread, User Banned

moola's case is more pressing because he's the only thing stopping the gunner popping back into the turret next round to shoot people once the frenzy gas wears off!

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Would attempting to reach/charge Jace be a full action? Dak is a Medic first, and he considers beating the poo poo out of an enemy to be preventative medicine.

Yeah you can intercept the Chimera and clamber up into melee but not actually make any attack, that's fine. Alternatively you can actually try and charge Jace but that wants an agility check (really it's a +20 acrobatics but you don't have acrobatics so it's +0 agility) otherwise you'll be hanging on for dear life to the back of the chimera.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Who What Now posted:

Moola you aren't actually knocked out yet. Not even close, really.

yeah I know im a shameful little dramatic scrunt though

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

scalded schlong posted:

Did Not Read Thread, User Banned
Hey I'm new to all of this so don't wave your GM dick at me Mr

Should I wait for Dak and Kreb or just post?

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Moola posted:

yeah I know im a shameful little dramatic scrunt though

Looking forward to using my diagnosticator and finding out that Groin is nowhere near dead.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
that would be pretty great

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

gently caress it I went wild and maybe saved my boots Moola

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I guess it's a scruntly phenomena that I am rooting for the enemy because Scrunts are so gross.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

gently caress man, scrunts root for whoever seems entertaining at the moment.
Besides, Sgt. Two-days-from-retirement-Ernie just lost all his soldiers and got shocked in the nuts, he's the most lovable character so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

If the gang works hard enough they may just become the guys we love to hate.:love:

• Locked thread