Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

quote:

Balance of Power: Senate: 52 (R) 44 (D) 2 (I) 2 (Undec.) | House: 250 (R) 185 (D)

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102146583

Goodbye regulations, hello slow and horrible certain death by global warming. Texas, oil/gas capital of the nation, also went straight ticket hard right. We elected a right wing talk show host for our most powerful position, woo!

e: I'm dumb and don't know terms, just a majority, my b

quote:

On CNN Ted Cruz will not say he will support McConnell for majority leader. Wow.

https://twitter.com/RyanLizza/status/529857560028147712

It begins.

Xen Tricks fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Nov 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
They'll still need 2/3 of the votes to get past Obama's vetos.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
republicans win; weed loses

I await news of goon suicides

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

Xen Tricks posted:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102146583

Goodbye regulations, hello slow and horrible certain death by global warming. Texas, oil/gas capital of the nation, also went straight ticket hard right. We elected a right wing talk show host for our most powerful position, woo!

A super majority refers to enough votes counter a filibuster. It's just a regular, meat and potatoes majority.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
you guys are ded at gooncon

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

MegaGatts posted:

A super majority refers to enough votes counter a filibuster. It's just a regular, meat and potatoes majority.

Oh ok oops i'll edit it

although when does obama ever veto

e wait I can't nooooo

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This is completely expected and I look forward to nothing changing all that much.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

50 senators is a supermajority

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

Didn't vote, don't care.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

mind the walrus posted:

This is completely expected and I look forward to nothing changing all that much.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

this is good news for bitcoin democratic chances in 2016

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

normal majority means congress will be just as pointless as before the election but now there will be lots of bills with "IMPEACH OBAMA" and "DESTROY OBAMACARE" as the entire bill text coming out of it

i can't wait for numberofdayssincecongresstriedtokillobama'sstuff.com to become a thing

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

normal majority means congress will be just as pointless as before the election but now there will be lots of bills with "IMPEACH OBAMA" and "DESTROY OBAMACARE" as the entire bill text coming out of it

bill to make Obama suck his dick on national TV

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I think the House has been passing them daily since forever.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i hope they impeach obama and biden and make boner the president.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Philthy posted:

I think the House has been passing them daily since forever.

Maybe the 129th attempt to repeal Obamacare will work now, I don't think it would get vetoed tbh

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Action Yak Police posted:

Didn't vote, don't care.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
dems will pretend to be an effective opposition party for two years, gop will continue to get gnawed from the inside by its insane base as the plebs scream for impossible garbage. nothing changes.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

who gives a poo poo

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Waiting to see which corrupt horrid sack of poo poo becomes the new governor of chicago.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Xen Tricks posted:

Maybe the 129th attempt to repeal Obamacare will work now, I don't think it would get vetoed tbh

they can just impeach their way to a republican president for 2 years.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

they are the same party controlled by the same interests aside from social flavor issues

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
yea p much no real change and this has been predicted for the past year. at least now in the publics mind, it's a ~REPUBLICAN~ congress that's failing to do anything (like usual)

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Lol Texas gets to spend another 1000 years in darkness.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Thanks for loving it up (again) for the rest of the world, America.

Ghostsauce
Jun 4, 2005

scared you didnt i lmbo

Philthy posted:

They'll still need 2/3 of the votes to get past Obama's vetos.

how hard could it be to bribe some pussy democrats into voting to repeal obamacare

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Texas update on the Wendy Davis campaign:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq_bjaI0NTo

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Xen Tricks posted:

If they happened to repeal it, like for real, the health care industry would lose trillions from all the change overs they've completed to enable it.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

empire marches on and thousands of arabs are dead either way because of american imperialism

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

Waiting to see which corrupt horrid sack of poo poo becomes the new governor of chicago.

horrifying flesh-melding of a daley and rahm emmanuel. rihmard emmaluel

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

dems will pretend to be an effective opposition party for two years, gop will continue to get gnawed from the inside by its insane base as the plebs scream for impossible garbage. nothing changes.

The insane base is the party now, there is no inside to get gnawed, it's like one of those zombie fungus ants, the reps will crawl to the top of a pile of impeachment bills and die there

Omi-Polari posted:

Texas update on the Wendy Davis campaign:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq_bjaI0NTo

She lost by almost a million votes with ~60% reporting :(

also Dan Patrick stomped his opponent, thank god we will be able to finally entirely shut down our whole border, completely

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Pleads posted:

Thanks for loving it up (again) for the rest of the world, America.

didnt canada elect a ridiculously right wing government? where do you have room to talk?

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
good god the people at my polling place must have been dredged from the bottom of the lake

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

TEAYCHES posted:

empire marches on and thousands of arabs are dead either way because of american imperialism

they would have killed each other anyways

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Philthy posted:

If they happened to repeal it, like for real, the health care industry would lose trillions from all the change overs they've completed to enable it.

who cares about big business?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Xen Tricks posted:

The insane base is the party now, there is no inside to get gnawed, it's like one of those zombie fungus ants, the reps will crawl to the top of a pile of impeachment bills and die there

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

try obama in the hague. he is a for real war criminal

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

etalian posted:

they would have killed each other anyways

*super saiyan gif*

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
stupid is as stupid does

Adbot