Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Xen Tricks posted:

AGW is going to kill scores more people than the Iraq/Afghan war did over the next 100 or so years, entire nations will no longer exist. Bye bye Nauru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

mr.capps posted:

if your opinions on politics aren't just gently caress the patirahcy, gently caress capitalism, you are doing it wrong

gotta have a vision bro

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

TOILETLORD posted:

saying global warming and what half the population wants to hear makes you rich.

I also promise to genocide all mosquitoes but you don't need ddt to do it

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
I hope this accelerationism poo poo is legit or the US is gonna become extremely interesting in a few decades

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

I also promise to genocise all mosquitoes but you don't need ddt to do it

it's fast easy and cheap and at worst it would just mess up the third world, sounds like a good fix.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
140 more posts! Jesus loving christ!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Harime Nui posted:

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Republicans are actually pretty cool

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
Eric Holder might be going to jail.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

TOILETLORD posted:

it's fast easy and cheap and at worst it would just mess up the third world, sounds like a good fix.

we tried this but had to quit when all the mosquitoes developed DDT resistance

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Beef Turret posted:

I hope this accelerationism poo poo is legit or the US is gonna become extremely interesting in a few decades

the issue with accelerationism imo is that it assumes poo poo won't be so far gone that it isn't even possible to save anymore

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Harime Nui posted:

:3:

also reposting cause it got lost at the bottom

http://www.businessinsider.com/islands-threatened-by-climate-change-2012-10?op=1

P. much every one of these nations is going to be underwater in 100 years, maybe less because lol we're ramping up oil and gas extraction to historical levels

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

Xen Tricks posted:

Dems lost 10 seats from 2012, how did they gently caress up so badly to lose almost 20% of their hold?

He is the Alan Greenspan of the GOP

This is the reelection of people voted into office in 08. 08 was a historically blue year due the Obama hope train. Now that the hope train has jumped its rails you get a lot of the 08 Dem voters staying home. Couple that with voter suppression and the fact its an off presidential year you have a much smaller number of young and poc voters. Many of the states up for senate elections lean red, we basically had the entire south and mid west with few traditionally blue ones up. Interterm election cycles have a higher percentage of old people voting, old people vote Republican, and all this together made the poo poo show we see tonight.

In fact if the Republicans wouldn't have taken the senate tonight you could have written them off as a dead party. It was a perfect Republican storm this cycle and its kinda amazing the dems won anything considering how lovely Obama has done.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i dont give a poo poo about bipartisanship or whatever but this poo poo is not loving working. there has to be some kind of reform or we are hosed and doomed to fascism

end gerrymandering, end private anonymous financing of elections. that poo poo has to end. obama joked about special interests and then lied and abandoned it. but seriously loving ban all lobbyists. fix gerrymandering and have a real legislative assembly by modern demographics controlled by independent assemblies to create realistic districts

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Who cares. The only good state just got better.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Xen Tricks posted:

http://www.businessinsider.com/islands-threatened-by-climate-change-2012-10?op=1

P. much every one of these nations is going to be underwater in 100 years, maybe less because lol we're ramping up oil and gas extraction to historical levels

It's ok white people will find somewhere else to get Mai Tais.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TEAYCHES posted:

i dont give a poo poo about bipartisanship or whatever but this poo poo is not loving working. there has to be some kind of reform or we are hosed and doomed to fascism

end gerrymandering, end private anonymous financing of elections. that poo poo has to end. obama joked about special interests and then lied and abandoned it. but seriously loving ban all lobbyists. fix gerrymandering and have a real legislative assembly by modern demographics controlled by independent assemblies to create realistic districts

but then I won't get re-elected

Iraqi Insurgent
Feb 7, 2005

Maybe I should do something about my comatose girlfriend. On the other hand, The Game is on. I'm sure she'll be alright until halftime, right Internet?

Seriously, I'm a huge douchebag.
The 10 dollar minimum wage in IL passed.

We should make it 500 dollar minimum wage so we can all be millionaires

God people are so stupid, they're still going to be poor because the price of EVERYTHING is definitely going to go up as a result. The people that have worked hard and gotten legit raises and made middle management are the ones getting screwed over the most. I feel so bad for them. They're not going to be compensated for their hard work, yet the people that have just entered the work force are going to be making around the same amount. Can't wait to see the new 5$ value menu at McDonalds now.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

TEAYCHES posted:

told you just vote me in i will just make a giant drunken publicly horrible rear end of myself the world demands that we change our system.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Iraqi Insurgent posted:

The people that have worked hard and gotten legit raises and made middle management are the ones getting screwed over the most

hm good

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Iraqi Insurgent posted:

God people are so stupid, they're still going to be poor because the prices of EVERYTHING is definitely going to go up as a result. The people that have worked hard and gotten legit raises and made middle management are the ones getting screwed over the most. I feel so bad for them. They're not going to be compensated for their hard work, yet the people that have just entered the work force are going to be making around the same amount. Can't wait to see the new 5$ value menu at McDonalds now.

counterpoint: the minimum wage in Oregon is already that high and prices have not inflated

you've bought into the propaganda; in reality a minimum wage increase does not cause much if any inflation - in fact it can spur additional consumer spending which is healthy for the economy

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

TEAYCHES posted:

to closely paraphrase Thompson, we will be judged as nazi scum. anyone who does not oppose american imperialism will be seen the same as the nazis. responsible for millions of arab deaths and callous to it. callous to the monarchies we prop up, callous to the dictatorships we prop up, callous to the death that we fund, callous to the the surveillance state and the truth which we hide. callous to death, callous to free life, callous to anything which matters

callous to the destruction of the world's ecology and climate. callous to the end of the earth which we all love. callous to everything that mattered when it mattered most

gently caress you, you loving assholes, you dont care and you are going to ruin the loving earth
And people have the chance to vote to reverse this in two years. Tonight also is what happens when Democrats try to paint themselves as Republican Lite: people just vote for the actual Republicans instead.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Iraqi Insurgent posted:

God people are so stupid, they're still going to be poor because the price of EVERYTHING is definitely going to go up as a result. The people that have worked hard and gotten legit raises and made middle management are the ones getting screwed over the most. I feel so bad for them. They're not going to be compensated for their hard work, yet the people that have just entered the work force are going to be making around the same amount. Can't wait to see the new 5$ value menu at McDonalds now.

you are a dumb idiot

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Crazy Ted posted:

And people have the chance to vote to reverse this in two years. Tonight also is what happens when Democrats try to paint themselves as Republican Lite: people just vote for the actual Republicans instead.

do you honestly believe there's a choice of this, or that the democrats represent that?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

este eleccion es un disastro!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Crazy Ted posted:

Republicans swing for the fences in craziness, while democrats are too afraid to do a similar thing.

God forbid that popular causes like higher minimum wage or universal health care dilute the corporate friendly platform.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the idea of a living wage is actually pretty cool and everyone should loving support it if they don't want to be human trash

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
what of the middle manager, the bitchmade walking redundancy trundling pudgily through his late 40s. who speaks for him

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Crazy Ted posted:

In two years the almost-certain Dem nominee and possible next president is going to be Hillary Clinton who is so incredibly neo-liberal that she is literally a republican from idk 12-14 years ago. Overton window motherfucker

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I don't care about the minutae of politics that much but it would be pretty funny if Texas caught on fire again and they just cut funding and tried to pray the flames away like they did last time

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Iraqi Insurgent posted:

This is not quite how minimum wage works hth

Like, the percentage of actual people working on Minimum Wage is quite low. If it directly affects prices, the price jump will be negligible.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I don't care about the minutae of politics that much but it would be pretty funny if Texas caught on fire again and they just cut funding and tried to pray the flames away like they did last time

yea

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

paranoid randroid posted:

what of the middle manager, the bitchmade walking redundancy trundling pudgily through his late 40s. who speaks for him

he will be last against the wall

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
if clinton runs then republicans just need to find a hot lesbian to run. Don't think hillary could compete with that.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Beef Turret posted:

I'm thinking 50/50 on fascist state or corporate dystopia for when poo poo finally collapses.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
:viggo:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
wait, the republicans are the bad guys? :psyduck:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i really just want my state to secede and then we can do our own thing and watch the rest of the country go down in flames

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

they were also denied the ability to call a state of emergency for some extra federal dollars by obamas admin 5 times, after he just gave it to two places that got flooded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bolow posted:

I'm thinking 50/50 on fascist state or corporate dystopia for when poo poo finally collapses.

what about a theocracy?

• Locked thread