Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
you see i am an alpha somethingawful poster so i will side with the opposite of the public opnion here to show i am not a nerd like veryone else even though i probably play video games 3+ hours a day and both ironically and unironically post about anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
im glad that republicans won

i love to see mitch mconnells face on the news the face of decaying flesh and death really speak to me as a person

i voted repuplican

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
:skeltal:Skeleton Party Supremacy!:skeltal:

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Top City Homo posted:

im glad that republicans won

i love to see mitch mconnells face on the news the face of decaying flesh and death really speak to me as a person

i voted repuplican

He looks like the face melting Nazi from Raiders of the lost ark about 1/3 of the way into face melt.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

InterFaced posted:

He looks like the face melting Nazi from Raiders of the lost ark about 1/3 of the way into face melt.

for his speech i just want to see him looking over the senate floor for a while then start to just laugh in a low voice until it gets progressively louder and louder and then have his eyes bulge out and the expression get more more manic until he is just staring at the camera with spittle coming out of mouth and laughing and laughing and pointing at us the idiot voting public

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I voted for Republican Susan Collins, because at this point she pretty much is Maine at this point and does good work.

SanitysEdge
Jul 28, 2005
if dems are popular then why didnt they win?

it is the republicans who are popular, OP, you should be not glad.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i feel like if we get the voter turnout to less than 20% something interesting will happen

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
no 2-party outcome seems really satisfying

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

I vote republican because I see it as the fastest route to total system collapse. Accelerationism is the only moral choice.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
21% of the population decided our gay future

cant wait for the collapse

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

as a reasonably well-off white guy, the outcome has no real effect on me either way so a republican win at least lets me laugh at the :qq: in d&d

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
as basically an unironic savage who revels in bloodsport, i too am glad b/c this current situation is going to produce some sick political cockfighting over the next few years

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

LifeSizePotato posted:

as a reasonably well-off white guy, the outcome has no real effect on me either way so a republican win at least lets me laugh at the :qq: in d&d

same

im actually excited about the :qq:

the collapse is at least 20 years away so for now we can point and laugh

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Top City Homo posted:

for his speech i just want to see him looking over the senate floor for a while then start to just laugh in a low voice until it gets progressively louder and louder and then have his eyes bulge out and the expression get more more manic until he is just staring at the camera with spittle coming out of mouth and laughing and laughing and pointing at us the idiot voting public
I didn't know anyone else had this fetish

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

ArbitraryC posted:

I didn't know anyone else had this fetish

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
mitch mcconnell is celebrating with some nice lettuce and a nap under the heat lamp

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

paranoid randroid posted:

mitch mcconnell is celebrating with some nice lettuce and a nap under the heat lamp

a-yup

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
poo poo its lik elooking in a mirror

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
OP if they were popular how could they lose, i think you made a mistake.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Top City Homo posted:

the collapse is at least 20 years away so for now we can point and laugh

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

uG posted:

you see i am an alpha somethingawful poster so i will side with the opposite of the public opnion here to show i am not a nerd like veryone else even though i probably play video games 3+ hours a day and both ironically and unironically post about anime

what do you mean probably? do you not know what you do with your time?

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Wooten posted:

I vote republican because I see it as the fastest route to total system collapse. Accelerationism is the only moral choice.

I didn't vote but I'm with you here. I've been saying for a few years now that there's a few different ways of course correction:

1. A strong, charismatic and radical leader who doesn't care about reelection and forces change. I had hopes in Obama being that guy in the beginning, but obviously I was wrong.*
2. A major rift in the GOP between Tea Party radicals and former Dole-style moderate Republicans. This split would lead to eventual stabilization into Left and Right since the Republican moderates could actually win a nomination and the Democrats could start moving a bit more to the left, which has been impossible since GWB.
3. A Constitution Convention redux that rewrites and modernizes certain articles of the Constitution to get us functional. A clean-up of money in politics, strict laws on campaign reform, etc.+
4. Stress the system until it implodes forcing some semblance of #3.

At this point I'm counting on #4. Hopefully it doesn't take much longer than 10-15 more years.

* I don't necessarily hate Obama. I don't love him because he's gone from Hope & Change to Business as Usual. I do feel he could have at least moved us forward a bit if he had a Congress willing to compromise or even talk to him, but obviously that wasn't the case. Obama may go down as a President with a bunch of potential but due to complete deadlocked government, he has a few legacies to his name, half of which were socially progressive (... ish) and the other half not so great.

+ This should also result in banning any member of government from running for office. Rewrite some of the rules for the modern era and to have a stronger system of checks & balances than we have, then let new blood give it a try.

I guess while I'm at it, I should ask for a pony.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Shadow posted:

I didn't vote but I'm with you here. I've been saying for a few years now that there's a few different ways of course correction:

1. A strong, charismatic and radical leader who doesn't care about reelection and forces change. I had hopes in Obama being that guy in the beginning, but obviously I was wrong.*
2. A major rift in the GOP between Tea Party radicals and former Dole-style moderate Republicans. This split would lead to eventual stabilization into Left and Right since the Republican moderates could actually win a nomination and the Democrats could start moving a bit more to the left, which has been impossible since GWB.
3. A Constitution Convention redux that rewrites and modernizes certain articles of the Constitution to get us functional. A clean-up of money in politics, strict laws on campaign reform, etc.+
4. Stress the system until it implodes forcing some semblance of #3.

At this point I'm counting on #4. Hopefully it doesn't take much longer than 10-15 more years.

* I don't necessarily hate Obama. I don't love him because he's gone from Hope & Change to Business as Usual. I do feel he could have at least moved us forward a bit if he had a Congress willing to compromise or even talk to him, but obviously that wasn't the case. Obama may go down as a President with a bunch of potential but due to complete deadlocked government, he has a few legacies to his name, half of which were socially progressive (... ish) and the other half not so great.

+ This should also result in banning any member of government from running for office. Rewrite some of the rules for the modern era and to have a stronger system of checks & balances than we have, then let new blood give it a try.

I guess while I'm at it, I should ask for a pony.

Sup pony-wishing buddy :smith::hf::smith:

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Henry Rollins 2016

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
check it out

the only way to make any change is on the local level

when you vote for ballot initiatives you are basically a legislator for the day

pretty cool imo

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I can see where you got your name

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

mind the walrus posted:

Sup pony-wishing buddy :smith::hf::smith:

Yeah, sucks. :(

Sometimes I wish we would adopt a Parliamentary system. If the guy in charge of our government could only hold the position because he had majority support from his congressmen (ministers, whatever), at least we, as a country, would be DOING SOMETHING. If the people hate it and the congress (parliament) loses faith, they could switch sides, killing his support, forcing a reelection, and we'd get someone in who, again, could DO SOMETHING.

I used to make fun of the commonwealth countries for this silly form of government, but maybe they're onto something.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Shadow posted:

Yeah, sucks. :(

Sometimes I wish we would adopt a Parliamentary system. If the guy in charge of our government could only hold the position because he had majority support from his congressmen (ministers, whatever), at least we, as a country, would be DOING SOMETHING. If the people hate it and the congress (parliament) loses faith, they could switch sides, killing his support, forcing a reelection, and we'd get someone in who, again, could DO SOMETHING.

I used to make fun of the commonwealth countries for this silly form of government, but maybe they're onto something.

sorry but we need a death match system make a replica blood gulch in DC and make the reds fight the blues to decide things. Make it reality tv too and a sports league for political funding.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

TOILETLORD posted:

sorry but we need a death match system make a replica blood gulch in DC and make the reds fight the blues to decide things. Make it reality tv too and a sports league for political funding.

now we're talkin

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i really want ww3 because goons are gonna fight it for me

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

paranoid randroid posted:

now we're talkin

i figure if we give everyone .22's we get to have the fun of seeing people we hate shoot each other but not die often enough to make people feel bad.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

VendaGoat posted:

:skeltal:Skeleton Party Supremacy!:skeltal:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

N. Senada posted:

I can see where you got your name

im gay for legislation

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

do any americans still literally believe that an arbitrary choice between democrats and republicans within a narrow window of acceptability will have a meaningful impact on their shallow worthless lives

but i legit can't wait for WIFE OF CLINTON vs SPAWN OF PAUL, maybe then americans will eat their masters

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
i dont care about politics at all

i talk about it like a sports match betweeen two terrible teams

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

FullLeatherJacket posted:

do any americans still literally believe that an arbitrary choice between democrats and republicans within a narrow window of acceptability will have a meaningful impact on their shallow worthless lives

but i legit can't wait for WIFE OF CLINTON vs SPAWN OF PAUL, maybe then americans will eat their masters

i've gotta be indignant about something

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I just wish we could have a dynasty just take the white house for 20 years or something. It'd be fun as poo poo to see another Clinton or Bush. Embrace the legacy

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

N. Senada posted:

I just wish we could have a dynasty just take the white house for 20 years or something. It'd be fun as poo poo to see another Clinton or Bush. Embrace the legacy

i think the whole kennedys and camelot thing was pretty neat tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
shouldn't repubs and dems get along now that pot is legal in DC and just :chillout:

• Locked thread