Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

:siren: THIS GAME IS NOW ON STEAM EARLY ACCESS HOLY poo poo :siren:

The Repopulation: A Sci Fi MMO RPG

What is it?

quote:

The Repopulation is a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. The action takes place on the planet Rhyldan, with the only known remaining human population fighting for their very existence. The indigenous life forms did not meet their colonization efforts with open arms. Worse yet, humans have managed to splinter themselves into warring factions.

It is a sandbox oriented MMORPG with an eye on innovation. Rather than forcing players down preset paths they are instead allowed to walk the path which they enjoy the most. With a variety of combat oriented and non-combat activities to pursue, we believe we’ve created a game that can stand the test of time.

They also have stuff like this that they're making with their money:

BERGfu posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo

Basically it looks like another sci-fi MMO. Will it do better than its peers in an already saturated market? Well, we have things like Wildstar so it'll probably do better than that. That's not exactly a high bar. Still, it's not out yet and

Get this

FOR 50 DOLLARS YOU CAN ACCESS TESTING RIGHT NOW

SOON IT WILL BE 25 DOLLARS AND THEN FREE SO YMMV HOMEY

You can sign up right here:

https://www.therepopulation.com/

Game Features:

randombattle posted:

I AM THE PERFECT HUMAN ONLY THROUGH PERFECTION CAN WE TRIUMPH.

*Unique three faction PvP system where the third faction allows characters to create their own independent Rogue Nations.
*Player created city system allows players to form and design their own cities, structures and homes.
*Nations can own multiple cities, and even besiege the cities of their enemies.
*Mayors can be assigned to oversee a city and manage it using strategies. Keeping your citizens happy is important.
*Military advancement system which rewards players with unique titles, abilities and items.
*Set your reaction to other nations to one of five different levels ranging from Ally to Nemesis.
*Create up to 99 ranks for your nation, each with their own customizable names and settings.

THIS GAME HAS NO LEVELS HOLY poo poo

*No Levels
*Skills based gameplay which features 75 unique skills, and 14 tiers within each skill line.
*Players are not forced into combat roles. Crafting, harvesting, diplomatic or other non-combat oriented skills can operate and progress independently of combat.
*Skills increase automatically through use. Abilities are earned and not given automatically.
*Skill Imprinting system allows you to imprint knowledge of skills into yourself, to make up for time lost while doing activities such as missions.

:havlat: crafting info :havlat:

BERGfu posted:

If you want to do any crafting use this wiki thing too.

http://aena.at/craftmap/item1715.html

Okay but what about player housing so I can do stuff that's legal between two consenting adults or whatever?

quote:

The Repopulation will offer 3 housing options for players to choose from: instanced housing, persistent world housing, and player city housing. Instanced plots will be available for the OWON and FPR factions along with an option for players who are not aligned with either. The factions will not share instanced housing neighborhoods. Each instance will have small to large plots available for players to place homes. These instances will create small neighborhood communities within the instance.

randombattle posted:

MOOOOTERCYCLE*

It's actually a hoverbike

:havlat: FISHING CONFIRMED FOR THIS GAME :havlat:

Check out this next gen poo poo

I'll be updating the OP as more information comes in and if you have any suggestions or things to add let me know!

Eye of Widesauron fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Dec 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

<Space Cadet Training>

Goon PVE guild. Still forming, updates pending.

<Bullying For Money (BFM)>

PVP centric guild, will be working with (and sometimes AGAINST! NYAHAHAHAHAH!) SCT; basically if you enjoy griefing the gently caress out of people you should contact Kimsemus who is handling this end of things.

:frogsiren: NEW GOON GUILD :frogsiren:

Solvency posted:

Goon Squad has been created as a Rogue nation on the East server. You will need to press "n" to view your nation tab and leave your current nation. After 5 minutes, send Rehab Submarine a tell and I'll invite you to our Nation.

Note: To send a tell, you need to do /tell Rehab Submarine, This is some message. Requires a comma in order to do it, which has thrown a few of us through loops.

Eye of Widesauron fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Dec 29, 2014

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
Widestancer is my biological father.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Widestancer should be the OP for all the MMO threads.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Drinkfist had an op about this game somewhere that was awful but feel free to steal from that if you want to.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Third World Reggin posted:

Drinkfist had an op about this game somewhere that was awful but feel free to steal from that if you want to.

Drinkfist is my friend and I will steal from them happily.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

It might be in archives now, like drinkfist

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

It might be in archives now, like drinkfist

I have archives but :effort:

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
We need to get some offsite forums and an IRC going ASAP in order to keep the pubby j4g's out of our prestigious guild...soon we will own all the spaceships.

As reigning high klingon, I will create the wiki.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Yes, but does it have wool?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Who do I funnel my uh...

I have no idea what the gently caress I'm funneling here.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
This isn't the game goons need.

This is the game goons deserve.

Consider Goondor formed.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Of course he would.

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

I'd like to hit the ground running with fishing pacts set up in place, who will be our diplomat?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
My participation is entirely dependent on the ease of blowing up nerd castles.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

sword_man.xmas posted:

We need to get some offsite forums and an IRC going ASAP in order to keep the pubby j4g's out of our prestigious guild...soon we will own all the spaceships.

As reigning high klingon, I will create the wiki.

I have a barebones forum that whoever feels like making a goon guild for this game can use.

It's called Space Cadet Training (SCT for short)

http://spacecadettraining.freeforums.net/

There's nothing there right now but hey who knows!

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

30.5 Days posted:

Who do I funnel my uh...

I have no idea what the gently caress I'm funneling here.

Wood Glue

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

We need to talk about something important.

Mumble
Ventrillo
Team Speak
Game Vox
RaidCall

Game Vox allows for sponsors while Dolby Axon is made by the great company Dolby who know sound, but I got a feeling mumble might be best despite all the security holes in it and that it doesn't work well on linux.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
We need to be as secure as possible and as such we will be using World of Warcraft's built in voice communication to talk, because that is completely impenetrable.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud

We need to talk about something important.

Mumble
Ventrillo
Team Speak
Game Vox
RaidCall

Game Vox allows for sponsors while Dolby Axon is made by the great company Dolby who know sound, but I got a feeling mumble might be best despite all the security holes in it and that it doesn't work well on linux.

Just make sure we can all rout it through Tor.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Widestancer posted:

Drinkfist is my friend and I will steal from them happily.

What the gently caress am I now? Legion? I am many?

Sure loving rob me. See If I give a flying gently caress. I was down with this game before it was cool. I am this game. We are this game. Join us.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8cCzqm-IpU

When you set up chat rooms you can move your position and the direction you are facing in the chat room so people can hear you better. Or you can turn and whisper to your friend so no one else can hear it.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
There will be a mandatory meeting in voice chat tomorrow evening at 6PM Pacific Time. If you do not attend you will be blacklisted from the guild and all activites. Make sure you are prepared beforehand for at least three hours of discussion, instructions, and plans from your leaders. Opsec important. Leaks will be found and removed with prejudice.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

There will also be a splinter PVP goon guild called Bullying For Money (BFM for short) but I think that can stay in the overall SCT forums in a different section since they'll be kinda related. Having related but separate guilds will keep the drama out maybe that has happened in other games. We just need someone to manage SCT (the PVE portion) and BFM (the PVP portion).

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Awesome, I signed up, add me if you guys are in the game, my name is Hebe

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I've already started the plans to build a castle and the material pipeline that we need. Some people need to do the following roles.

Cement Mixer http://aena.at/craftmap/item1715.html
Fisher http://aena.at/craftmap/skill1.html
Alchemy guy http://aena.at/craftmap/skill20.html
A veterinary http://aena.at/craftmap/skill40.html
Turpintine manufacturer http://aena.at/craftmap/item1013.html

We will also need two people working on Sulfuric Acid and Hydrofluoric Acid

EDIT: Please do not run off with all of our Sulfuric Acid

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 5, 2014

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I would happily dedicate my free time to producing terpentine but where am I going to find that much liquid hexamethylene?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pavlov posted:

I would happily dedicate my free time to producing terpentine but where am I going to find that much liquid hexamethylene?

I'll be holding all the hexamethylene that the guild produces. ONLY I CAN HOLD IT. If you need some message me, I promise not to rage out and give it all to another guild.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Here is making wood glue in action.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

What the gently caress am I even looking at in this thread.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

randombattle posted:

What the gently caress am I even looking at in this thread.

We're planning out our next guild in acclaimed MMO 'The Repopulation.'

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Drinkfist posted:

wait what really

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
like don't play with me here this game looks insane I'll believe anything

Delamore
Jan 11, 2008

Monocle Man
I'll setup the goonunism mail me your stuff

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Delamore posted:

Can you implement bux, or any variation thereof?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Delamore posted:

You still owe me from the last goonunism! Delabux are worthless!

Margaret Thatcher
Jan 2, 2013

by Cowcaster
Maybe this is the true successor to SWG we've been waiting for. My only concerns:
- The F2P business model isn't working well with Archeage, with rampant hacking and botting.
- The engine/graphics look severely outdated. There are lots of indie sandbox games coming out around about now, this game won't survive if it can't offer a polished experienced.

Delamore
Jan 11, 2008

Monocle Man

randombattle posted:

You still owe me from the last goonunism! Delabux are worthless!

It's the currency of the future, just wait until chinagames saturate the market

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Delamore posted:

It's the currency of the future, just wait until chinagames saturate the market

Did you see wushu 3.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Drinkfist posted:

Did you ever make it to the sea?

• Locked thread