Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Third World Reggin posted:

Did you see wushu 3.0

what game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Taking bets now on whether this will eventually outgrow Wildstar!

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug

Margaret Thatcher posted:

Maybe this is the true successor to SWG we've been waiting for. My only concerns:
- The F2P business model isn't working well with Archeage, with rampant hacking and botting.
- The engine/graphics look severely outdated. There are lots of indie sandbox games coming out around about now, this game won't survive if it can't offer a polished experienced.

I made a post on their forums detailing how they could improve the visual side of the game. The problem here is DX9 and HeroEngine's inability to color-grade in-engine. However, I was told that the next update of HeroEngine is upgrading to DX11, so we may see some improvement there hopefully.

I'm glad this thread finally popped up, though. The hype for this game is nonexistent at this point. It'll be fun taking it over.

ps archeage sux lol

zwdzk fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 5, 2014

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
For anyone who seems intimidated, the crafting system is actually really simple. Here's an example of a common crafting process:

1. Chop down a tree for firewood.
2. Produce Distilled Water by boiling contaminated water with your firewood (using your water distillation skill).
3. Go out and mine some Calibrite and Anthracite from Calibrite and Sarnium deposits respectively.
4. Combine your Calibrite, Anthriacite, and Distilled water into Polyacrylonitrile using your Mineral-Metal Synthesis skill, this will be your polymer.
5. Next go find a Hudson Fir tree (make sure it's a Hudson Fir) to chop down and heat its wood with the Distilled Water you made earlier to get some Hudson Moss.
6. Then you need a Textile Fiber which can be more Hudson Moss but if you can't find any more Hutson Firs you can use Acrylic Fibers made by:

6a. Heating some Cree'it wood with Distilled Water to make Acetic Acid.
6b. Mine some Chromite Clusters from a Sarnium deposit and mix it with your Acetic Acid and Distilled Water to make Chromium Acetate.
6c. Mix the Chromium Acetate with more Acetic Acid and Polyacrylonitrile to make Acrilic Fibers.

7. Anyway next pick some Kosha plants and mix it with more Distilled Water to get Sulfuric Acid.
8. Mine some Baryte Clusters from a Pyrohemalite deposit and mix it with your Sulfuric Acid and Distilled Water to make Hydrogen Peroxide (using Mineral Acidification).

Finally mix your Hudson Moss, Textile Fiber, Polyacrylonitrile, and Hydrogen Peroxide to make a Composite Rope that you can use to hang yourself.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Is there a private officers-only section to the forum?I want to make sure that if there is planning going on I don't have to know about it.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Bait and Swatch posted:

Is there a private officers-only section to the forum?I want to make sure that if there is planning going on I don't have to know about it.

I haven't set it up yet since there are currently no officers elected; I can certainly do that and if someone is serious about this I can give them mod powers.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I'm going to play this.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I mean if the game is actually fun and cool I don't really care too much that it looks like a 2007 game.

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug

randombattle posted:

I mean if the game is actually fun and cool I don't really care too much that it looks like a 2007 game.

The game will be fun and cool when people actually start playing it. Hopefully those people can get past the shortcomings of the engine.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud

randombattle posted:

You can be on Composite Rope making duty then.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Are there farms

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Realtalk I am way spergy and the stupid complicated crafting poo poo reminds me vaguely of tale in the desert. But I do not have $50 so goo day,

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug

Jackie D posted:

Are there farms

Horticulture is in development

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

zwdzk posted:

Horticulture is in development

The fact that they call it that means there's going to be overly-complicated cross breeding and I am so hard right now.

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug

30.5 Days posted:

The fact that they call it that means there's going to be overly-complicated cross breeding and I am so hard right now.

Considering there's already a convoluted Genetic Engineering skill, I wouldn't doubt it.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Is there an IRC yet where we can accuse each other of goonfucking?

Because I've already ruined the game for PVE (SCT) goons and I want to turn myself in to the Goon sheriff.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Nov 5, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I've spent 50 bucks on worse things so I'll pick this up.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

randombattle posted:

I've spent 50 bucks on worse things so I'll pick this up.

Same. Can't be worse than Starforge.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kimsemus posted:

Is there an IRC yet where we can accuse each other of goonfucking?

Because I've already ruined the game for PVE (SCT) goons and I want to turn myself in to the Goon sheriff.

Would you like to take the helm of BFM (Bullying For Money)?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Kimsemus posted:

Same. Can't be worse than Starforge.

They aren't going to go directly from alpha to final so it's already ahead of Starforge.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Widestancer posted:

Would you like to take the helm of BFM (Bullying For Money)?

Of course. BFM is going to get a renowned reputation for grooming players (into fine PVPers), and allowing all under-leveled players to live in our housing, in return for favors (like helping on PVP raids).

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kimsemus posted:

Of course. BFM is going to get a renowned reputation for grooming players (into fine PVPers), and allowing all under-leveled players to live in our housing, in return for favors (like helping on PVP raids).

You have my bow.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kimsemus posted:

Adding to Goon Guild Section

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Goon guild section tentatively updated; I'm using placeholder images appropriate to each while everything gets sorted out.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Well at least the early access isn't $150. Have they announced what the payment play will be yet? $15 per month for an unknown game is a risky move these days.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Pavlov posted:

For anyone who seems intimidated, the crafting system is actually really simple. Here's an example of a common crafting process:

1. Chop down a tree for firewood.
2. Produce Distilled Water by boiling contaminated water with your firewood (using your water distillation skill).
3. Go out and mine some Calibrite and Anthracite from Calibrite and Sarnium deposits respectively.
4. Combine your Calibrite, Anthriacite, and Distilled water into Polyacrylonitrile using your Mineral-Metal Synthesis skill, this will be your polymer.
5. Next go find a Hudson Fir tree (make sure it's a Hudson Fir) to chop down and heat its wood with the Distilled Water you made earlier to get some Hudson Moss.
6. Then you need a Textile Fiber which can be more Hudson Moss but if you can't find any more Hutson Firs you can use Acrylic Fibers made by:

6a. Heating some Cree'it wood with Distilled Water to make Acetic Acid.
6b. Mine some Chromite Clusters from a Sarnium deposit and mix it with your Acetic Acid and Distilled Water to make Chromium Acetate.
6c. Mix the Chromium Acetate with more Acetic Acid and Polyacrylonitrile to make Acrilic Fibers.

7. Anyway next pick some Kosha plants and mix it with more Distilled Water to get Sulfuric Acid.
8. Mine some Baryte Clusters from a Pyrohemalite deposit and mix it with your Sulfuric Acid and Distilled Water to make Hydrogen Peroxide (using Mineral Acidification).

Finally mix your Hudson Moss, Textile Fiber, Polyacrylonitrile, and Hydrogen Peroxide to make a Composite Rope that you can use to hang yourself.

First off I want to state Pavlov that this post is my newest official Best Post of the Year so as long as no one does something better in the next two months you got a shot at the championships.

Second. I would like to state that I am unsure if either this game or Life is Feudal had a more time consuming complicated crafting system but in regards of rope LiF has this beat hands down. It is at min a 4 hour effort if you are the luckiest person on the planet or 26 hours if you went down the farming route.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0ltOHpZcNI

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 6, 2014

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

ShadowMoo posted:

Well at least the early access isn't $150. Have they announced what the payment play will be yet? $15 per month for an unknown game is a risky move these days.

Well that is a lie. Trion worlds gave me back my Patron Status as a refund and I didn't even loving ask them for one.

It is the year of "gently caress gently caress gently caress whoops sorry sorry refund" which I think makes this the Chinese year of the yak.

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

If this game is becoming a serious thing, I might actually be interested in poo poo like this. Especially with Archeage being like a complete ongoing cascade failure at this point.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Here is a very early alpha screenshot of quest responses. This should be all it takes to sell you on the Repopulation.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
Free to play mmos are like whispers in the wind. If you expect your mmo to be big and popular forever you're in for a bad time
code:
C H A N G E  
  I S  
   T H E
     O N L Y 
       C O N S T A N T

Carol Pizzamom fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Nov 6, 2014

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
The problem with sandboxes like Archeage and this game is that they are only as fun as your 'imagination' allows or the people around you.

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug

ShadowMoo posted:

I paid 200 total US Dollars and played the game a total of five times :shepspends:

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine

zwdzk posted:

I paid 200 total US Dollars and played the game a total of five times :shepspends:

Can I have your account? :downs: Currently in archeage I play it as a eurotruck simulator. I owe way too many goons money. Capitalism at it's finest. I have spent $0 on it and feel I am getting what it is worth.

ShadowMoo fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 6, 2014

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Yeah but most of that is setting up crafting stations. With the infrastructure its just: pick flax -> boil flax -> spin fax to linen -> weave linen to rope. The recipe I gave was just raw materials. I have no loving clue what kind of workbenches or recipes Repopulation need to do any of that.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Holy poo poo this character creation system can make some hosed up faces.

jaken97
Aug 1, 2013

Hell Gem

Third World Reggin posted:

I've already started the plans to build a castle and the material pipeline that we need. Some people need to do the following roles.

Cement Mixer http://aena.at/craftmap/item1715.html
Fisher http://aena.at/craftmap/skill1.html
Alchemy guy http://aena.at/craftmap/skill20.html
A veterinary http://aena.at/craftmap/skill40.html
Turpintine manufacturer http://aena.at/craftmap/item1013.html

We will also need two people working on Sulfuric Acid and Hydrofluoric Acid

EDIT: Please do not run off with all of our Sulfuric Acid

Okay wtf is up with this crafting. For a needlessly complex system their chemistry is wrong. Only one I decided to nitpick apart Ethanol http://aena.at/craftmap/item694.html they have you reacting ethylene and carbonic acid which does not give you ethanol. You can make ethanol from ethylene via acid-catalization but that with phosphoric acid or sulfuric acid. I need to stay away from this game or little poo poo like this will piss me off. If your going to go this complex at least get the chemistry right.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

randombattle posted:

Holy poo poo this character creation system can make some hosed up faces.

Feel free to post some of the funniest ones my friend.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
wait are we really buying this or

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

jaken97 posted:

Okay wtf is up with this crafting. For a needlessly complex system their chemistry is wrong. Only one I decided to nitpick apart Ethanol http://aena.at/craftmap/item694.html they have you reacting ethylene and carbonic acid which does not give you ethanol. You can make ethanol from ethylene via acid-catalization but that with phosphoric acid or sulfuric acid. I need to stay away from this game or little poo poo like this will piss me off. If your going to go this complex at least get the chemistry right.

Or just make it mcguffinonic acid instead. You can do stupid complicated without getting too deep into real world concepts, bad minecraft mods do it all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Widestancer posted:

Feel free to post some of the funniest ones my friend.

I AM THE PERFECT HUMAN ONLY THROUGH PERFECTION CAN WE TRIUMPH.

• Locked thread