Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Cool thanks.

edit: fix my lovely snipe with a I guess could be used as a desktop back ground.

BERGfu fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowly
Aug 13, 2009

Pavlov posted:

Of course! What have you never boiled Cod to extract anti-freeze before? How else are you supposed to make Fluoroaluminate Optical Fibers?

Edit: This really is Macgyver the MMO isn't it.

Dude, I am making my own anti-freeze from now on IRL.

Which part is the anti-freeze after you boil it?

Also, I don't understand this game at all, but if I can have a farm and a pet, I'll probably play it for at least a day.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Actually looking at the recipe again it looks like you just splash water on it and anti-freeze comes out who knew.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Fish can live in cold water, it makes sense

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

It's call repopulation, right. So you're repopulating. How is babby crafted?

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

credit cards

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Angela Christine posted:

It's call repopulation, right. So you're repopulating. How is babby crafted?

In whispers and in hidden channels on voice chat :wink:

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
I don't think they've added baby crafting yet. Currently you're limited to only crafting abortions.

Pavlov fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 6, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Pavlov posted:

I don't think they've added baby crafting yet. Currently you're limited to only crafting abortions.

You can genetically engineer pets for mounts or combat stuff. I pick up genetic patterns from the human enemies too so I imagine you could engineer a dude to help you but probably not ride.

Also there are death robots that you can make too if organic pets are too uncool and you'd rather have a terminator.

Lowly
Aug 13, 2009

randombattle posted:

You can genetically engineer pets for mounts or combat stuff. I pick up genetic patterns from the human enemies too so I imagine you could engineer a dude to help you but probably not ride.

Can you engineer a luscious young teenager?

Asking for a friend.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lowly posted:

Asking for a friend.

:wth:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Our friends in Bullying For Money likely know best. I'd suggest starting there.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

:pusheen:

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lowly posted:

Asking for a friend.

Is that Tokaii joke?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Snatch Duster posted:

Is that Tokaii joke?

Only if they're exactly 16.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I unironically hope this will be a good game, but hahahaha I know better.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

BERGfu posted:

I unironically hope this will be a good game, but hahahaha I know better.

I think that for an early beta it's pretty good. If they keep improving things at the rate they are it should be a good game. But hey I'm optimistic.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
All I know is that it caters to my desire to level up random things

If I can find a niche crafting like loving motherboards all day I would find that relaxing to do after work

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

Eonwe posted:

All I know is that it caters to my desire to level up random things

If I can find a niche crafting like loving motherboards all day I would find that relaxing to do after work

I'm with you, but while I'm all for a complex crafting system that relies on what essentially amounts to supply chain / manufacturing emulation, I also want to play a video game. I don't want to have to buy a ludicrous amount of resources one at a time... submitting a buy order on an exchange based on a resource list pulled directly from a recipe would be fantastic for this.

Same thing for a manufactory process: If I need twenty different ingredients (which likely need 10 ingredients themselves), I just want to queue up the finished product and have it automatically pull the necessary resources.

God that was :goonsay:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
No I completely understand you there. Agreed

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

You can hunt robots and stuff for wires and whatnot. It's not really that much in reality when you don't have to do it all yourself.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This game seems like it was designed in fever dream. Its amazing in all the right ways, but also horribly complex. Is it worth it? Or will turn out to be another flavor of the month HMO MMO fad?

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I nearly spit out my coffee upon seeing that in order to get the maximum amount of early access days, you have to donate THREE GRAND to their fundraising campaign. If I can get past that ridiculous bullshit, maybe I'll pitch in $50 to test this out.

Zwick
Sep 30, 2004
Think.

Snatch Duster posted:

This game seems like it was designed in fever dream. Its amazing in all the right ways, but also horribly complex. Is it worth it? Or will turn out to be another flavor of the month HMO MMO fad?

I think we're all looking for something to tickle that SWG itch in a way that nothing but SWG can tickle. I like a hardcore ruleset, provided the gameplay is fair. Archeage had some good poo poo going for it but well... trion did things. Unspeakable things.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Zwick posted:

I think we're all looking for something to tickle that SWG itch in a way that nothing but SWG can tickle. I like a hardcore ruleset, provided the gameplay is fair. Archeage had some good poo poo going for it but well... trion did things. Unspeakable things.

So did goons. Unspeakable goons.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Snatch Duster posted:

horribly complex

Video game players seem to often confuse the words "tedious" and "complex" for some reason.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Fun facts btw.

First Kickstarter reached 53 Grand.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/therepopulation/the-repopulation

Here is what they promised for that bit

quote:

Stretch Goals

First off, a thank you to everyone that helped us reach our initial goal of $25,000. This will greatly help us build a better end product and have a much better experience in Alpha and Beta moving forward. As with other projects we announced our Stretch Goals for $35,000, $40,000, $45,000, and $50,000. Our adjustments based on those goals are as follows:

$35,000

Extra kickstarter token at the $10 level. Everyone at and above this level gets the extra token (so if it was 3 you now have 4).
Name Reservation at the $20 level (and above). We will reserve a name that passes our naming standards for you.
Tattoos for players
Painting for vehicles
Decals for vehicles

$40,000

Nation/Stationary Mountable Turrets
Earrings and Nose Ring Options

$45,000

Major User Interface Upgrade (compared to what we would do without hitting this goal)
Eye Wear Options

$50,000

New Content - Underwater City
New NPC Species voted on by all kickstarter backers

$55,000

Underwater vehicles for the Underwater City content

Well looks we were shy some laser shark mounts. No subs for you guys. Rats.

Here is the second Kickstarter that raked in 176 grand.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/therepopulation/the-repopulation-a-sandbox-mmorpg

Here is the new drug induced list.

gently caress we got robbed of Occulus Rift Support! If only you fucks emptied your wallets better.

No Stretch goals are posted in the current crowdfunding dealio that has now moved away from Kickstarter. This one currently has 180 grand.
https://www.therepopulation.com/crowdfunding/projects/the-repopulation-round-3/

That leaves us with this MMO having a budget of roughly 409,000 Bucks. Take that everyone else in the market. This game is motherfucking gold. :Sniffs crafted wood glue:

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Nov 10, 2014

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Extra posted:

Video game players seem to often confuse the words "tedious" and "complex" for some reason.

Yo we will run the motherboard pallets to robodick island together!

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Drinkfist posted:

That leaves us with this MMO having a budget of roughly 409,000 Bucks.

Believe it or not that's pretty reasonable for paying a team of game devs for two years. Looks like they got like 9-10 people working on it.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

only ten days to go to spend 25 bucks and maybe be slightly disappointed! or not who knows it seems like people are having fun with this

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Completely forgot about this.

Tell me it's kind of like a mildly updated preCU SWG. Please tell me it's even half way decent.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

What are the benefits of spending $50 instead of waiting until it drops to $25?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

ruffz posted:

What are the benefits of spending $50 instead of waiting until it drops to $25?

~Early Access~

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

more beta time. So none

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
You have 25 less dollars so you are weighed down less in case you need to move fast.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

are people really playing this

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

Third World Reggin posted:

You have 25 less dollars so you are weighed down less in case you need to move fast.

I'm going to give you 1000 platinum grithok. It's in the form of copper coins. You are standing on a tiny pebble. If you step off the tiny pebble you will fall to your death.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Jackie D posted:

are people really playing this

Some brave souls have indeed taken the plunge.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Widestancer posted:

Some brave souls have indeed taken the plunge.

I have spent money on far worse than this. Bad Games Crew knows no bounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Drinkfist posted:

I have spent money on far worse than this. Bad Games Crew knows no bounds.

We need to find a goon who has spent money on Town of Salem

• Locked thread