Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Senor Candle posted:

This is going to be the first year I'm participating in this, so is there any price limit or anything like that?

Previous years have been a minimum $20 gift. That's roughly two or three trades at Amazon prices. There's never been an upper limit, though.

Dr. Hurt: Great idea with the Google Form!

EDIT: Comics shelf can be viewed here, Santa.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Nov 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

Once again signed up, and hoping this will be the year I don't Onslaught!

I'd Onslaught you out of spite, but that would mean buying another copy and I don't want to make Marvel think people actually want it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Madkal posted:

I never got Onslaught? I feel like I missed out on some lovely initiation.
There's at least two copies still bouncing around. Hopefully the owners will sign up and pass them along. I don't remember who I "gifted" mine to last year.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Zachack posted:

Is it considered poor form to unload 14 slightly used Fables tpbs on a victim?
If you're intending it as a gag, at least including something nice.

Please don't send me Fables books.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dear Santees,

I've ordered most things I want to get, and I'm going to pick a couple things up locally to fill out the gift. One item has a delivery range of Dec 9-24, so hopefully it's on the early end of that and I can get things out next week, but if not, I'll be sure to update Dr. Hurt to let you know you might not get things till after the new year.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The item that might not be here until Dec 24 is the first to ship, so I'm guessing I'll be able to get stuff out next week unless they were dicks and sent it Media Mail.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dear one Santee,

I ordered a used, out of print book that I really think you'll like from an Amazon seller and it their brilliant idea for packaging was to put it in a plastic bag without any protection and drop it in Media Mail, so it got to me a bit banged up. I complained, and they're sending me another copy for free, but this also means your present might be delayed just a bit longer than I had hoped. It will be worth it, though! I do hope you haven't read it, but based on your message, I don't think you have. In any case, I'll be sending you the better of the two copies and keep the other for myself because it's something I loved when I initially read it, but I haven't since it was on the stands.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Guys a gift came! I won't be here for Christmas and trucking this down to Florida by plane isn't happening, so I'm opening now!

Seems innocuous enough...

Awesome! Expanding my manga knowledge is an awesome idea!

...I don't like the sound of that.

I appreciate the wrapping job, especially since I don't think I'll be doing it for my Santees.

Oh neat! I've seen some edits in the comic strip thread using his work, so I'm looking forward to this.

Looks cool flipping through... Still not seeing anything too bad in here...

Eh. It sucks, but I've already read it and it's no Onslaught. Note this is missing what looks like two parts thanks to Senor Candle's generous donation. But what's on the other side?

Hey what's worse than a stupid event comic? The modern What If? comic based on it! There's four issues here which I hope to god is the whole thing since that's already four more issues than this deserves. But what's in this last package?

:catstare: :negative: :barf: :froggonk: :shepicide:

Welp. But seriously, thanks for this, Senor Candle! I'm looking forward to reading the manga stuff and also I will read the other junk maybe.

EDITOR'S NOTE: Order depicted was for dramatic purposes only.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

YOU get an Onslaught! And YOU get an Onslaught! EVERYONE gets an Onslaught!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dear Santees,

I fully intend to have both of your packages out Friday since I'm 90% sure I have everything I want to put in them.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My second gift came today from a far away coast! Included was a fine assortment of comics starting with G and also Deathlok. Thankfully I had a nice letter from the Mad Hatter to explain everything.

Thanks Santa!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I've read God is Dead, actually, and while that initial arc isn't too bad, it briefly gets better then goes waaaaay the hell down afterward. I think I stuck with it until issue 16 or so and I feel like a dummy for doing so.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It would be really nice if my second Santee posted that he got his stuff. It was supposedly delivered on the 22nd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mr. Maltose posted:

Sorry! I couldn't respond until I sorted through all the floppies you used as packing peanuts. On the other hand there were hidden gems in there, so thanks for the bonus to the other awesome books you sent.

Cool! I was just worried it got lost!

• Locked thread