Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

This is exciting

Dear santa: Please don't send anything oddly shaped or wrapped. My mailman hates me enough as it is, no reason to get more broken poo poo.

That said, steer away from fragile poo poo, as well. Other than that, I can't wait!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Dear Santa: I love homemade and local things. I'm having a bit of a moth problem at the moment, so nothing made of any sort of cloth please. If you are so inclined I have a steam account. I'm pretty much the only person on the internet with my username, so I'm easy to stalk.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Signed up hell yeah!

Dear Santa I love Video Games and anything else dumb that you can think of. I'm ok with nsfw gifts and will likely be happy with whatever you send no clothes though.

artichoke
Sep 29, 2003

delirium tremens and caffeine
Gravy Boat 2k
Last year I got the most beautiful and enormous book from tiaz along with some themed coasters, so I'm looking forward to another year! I think this is my 5th or 6th year now.

Mostly I post in the PI thread about birds, so birds birds birds, Santa. Birds. Things with birds on them, yes.

Also good chocolate, and by good I mean none of that crap dark chocolate stuff. Milk all the way.

Or whatever, I'm grateful for anything from a stranger.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

I've had a poo poo week, and this is making it better.

I'm a 26 year old goonette. I love whales, chickens and the Detroit Red Wings. I'm pretty easy to please. Candy's good (especially chocolate!), I do a lot of baking. Nothing horrifyingly NSFW, please. Other things I like: jigsaw puzzles, Ghostbusters, Top Gear. The only things I'm allergic to are poison ivy and shellfish (Not that I eat seafood anyway), and now that I've said this, I'll probably receive a box of poison ivy and shrimp. I have an Amazon list, too if that helps.

To my SANTEE:

I live in Texas, and we have killer bees. And snakes. And spiders. And scorpions. But don't worry, I like to spoil my victims Santee.

Flaccid Trip fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Nov 12, 2014

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
This should be interesting. I'll give it a try.

I probably won't send anybody rubber dongs. Probably.

EDIT:
Dear Santa, I've never tried this before, so following the example of others, here are some ideas.
Interesting local things would be cool.
I like sciency things, especially weather or space related.
I am a geek and enjoy geeky things like Babylon 5, Star Trek, Doctor Who, and SeaQuest DSV LEXX Stargate.
Books are always a wonderful choice, especially good hard science-fiction. (I just started Iain M Banks's Culture novels.)
Also cookbooks with healthy recipes for 1 or 2 would be helpful. I am a lonely goon.
I am a fat goon too, so my shirt size is 2XL-3XL.

No booze. Though I love it, my stupid backwards state won't let anyone mail it to me.
No tobacco. I quit smoking six months ago.
NO SWEETS unless it's sugar-free. Or incredibly worth the high blood sugar.

If you want to buy some bees for me, I suggest these instead.

Thank you, and good night.

vortmax fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Dec 1, 2014

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Awwwwwwwww yes!!! It's the only Christmas thing I don't mind starting before Thanksgiving! I think this is my 6th year? Hell, I don't know.

Dear Santa, I've been such a good girl this year! In case you don't remember me, here are a few things you should know. I love cats, cute things, my 3ds, sweets, and baking said sweets. My roommate is sadly allergic to cats though. I'd love to get some local goodies if possible.

Dear victim Santee, :getin:

mucocele
Nov 3, 2012
I'm a stupid babby and don't post much. I've wanted to do this for a couple of years, but haven't been brave enough to pull the trigger. I am really considering it this year. :ohdear:

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans
This'll be my 6th year! So excited! Don't let me down, Santa!

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

mucocele posted:

I'm a stupid babby and don't post much. I've wanted to do this for a couple of years, but haven't been brave enough to pull the trigger. I am really considering it this year. :ohdear:

Do it. :sassargh:

Uncle Itchie
Sep 19, 2008
Ooooomg, I am so excited!

Last year, my Santa sent me a huge box full of amazing presents for me, my daughter and our idiot cats. We loved the movie "9", Santa and rematch it quite a bit! So...

Dear Santa: I'm a mom with an 11 yo daughter and the same two idiot cats. We watch science fiction together (although we disagree on who is the best Dr. Who) and both have a sweet tooth. I'm working on my MBA, so I have zero social life right now. This also means I rarely cook (by choice). I'm not much into sports ball even though my local team just won the World Series. I kind of prefer hockey if I have to sit through any sort of game.

Dear Santee: I don't have a whole lot of time play detective, so either post a lot in this thread or I'm just going to go down to Mr. S Leather and buy some used sex toys. Clean ones are extra.

These are the pictures from last year's box opening: http://uncleitchie.imgur.com/all/

Thank you Tiaz! You'll be sick of our whining within one week...

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

mucocele posted:

Haha me too. I think I'll participate!

Von Bek
May 4, 2006

:q: SASS :q:

SANTA

OK feel free to do some stalking, but to help you out some more, I'm a 29-year old medieval historian living in Scotland. Things I like:

-Science fiction
-Actually most fiction
-Whisky and whiskey
-Knitwear
-Beer
-German stuff
-Medieval hookers
-Odd/obscene artwork I can put on my wall which I might have to hide when the parents are round

Please also feel free to send me whatever weird local stuff you think I might find funny and/or vaguely horrifying.

SANTEE

Depending on where you are and how difficult it is to ship things to Arsefuck, Ohio you will receive some of the following:

-Reasonably high-quality touristy poo poo from where I live
-Booze
-Awful tacky artwork or objects trawled from charity shops, possibly embellished by me
-Gifts customised for you based on whatever else I can work out about you from cyber-stalking, telephoning your parents, ex-partners, showing up unannounced at your place of work etc

Von Bek fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Nov 7, 2014

Saffronica
Feb 10, 2009
I've seen the John Lewis Christmas advert (penguin Christmas love :3:) so it must be SASSMASS TIME NUMBER FOUR :woop:

There is nothing that makes us happy than sending off a gift box full of a Christmas cheer and happiness.

Dear Santee,
Me and Sanford are teaming up again so you will get a mix box of stuff. You'll get a box of all sorts of things. We will also do our best to see what we can do if you have any specific things you have in mind that you would really like so it is most important that you post in this thread to give us some ideas.

Not long till SASSMAS love is coming your way. One thing that we do want you to do is please acknowledge that you have received the gift and if you can snap a picture and post it here, that would really make our SASSMAS :dance:

Dear Santa,
We've tried our best to be really good this year! We would love to open a SASSMAS box to find:

A free or cheap local calendar for 2015 that we can proudly display in our kitchen
Something Christmassy to hang on our Christmas tree or to sit on a shelf to remind us of you every Christmas in future
Local leaflets, take away menus, a local newspaper (seriously, we love seeing how the foreigns live)
Local snack, throw in your favourite!
A hand drawn picture of a Moose
If there is an animal associated to your region/country, we would like a picture, model, whatever of your creature. It doesn't have to be official national beast, just one that you feel is a key part of your national identity. So for the UK, for example, it would be a badger with TB.

We don't have any allergies to anything, we will eat pretty much anything (meat and/or vegetables) and will try anything once and we live on our own (along with our Border Collie dog, Doodles. He's so dapper) so NWS stuff is fine.

Thank you very much, Santa!

Saffronica & Sanford

Saffronica fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Nov 7, 2014

Rocketwitch
Sep 2, 2011

Masonity posted:

Home made jam and german chocolate sound good...

But if you get me, please do not send feces. I know it's a national industry, but us Brits are a bit more squeamish.

But what else should I do with a german toilet? :ohdearsass:

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat
This is beautiful. You are beautiful.

Signed up! I've got something ready to send and everything, muhahaha

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
When should we mail the gifts by? I'm doing the BYOB secret santa and I don't want to short change anyone if I also take this on! Everyone here seems super enthusiastic and I don't want to disappoint because of my pauper status

Von Bek
May 4, 2006

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

When should we mail the gifts by? I'm doing the BYOB secret santa and I don't want to short change anyone if I also take this on! Everyone here seems super enthusiastic and I don't want to disappoint because of my pauper status

I don't know if there's a mailing deadline but depending on how far it has to go, estimating a delivery time before Christmas is generally the best approach.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Sending international asap from when you get it is always the best policy. Sending before the 10th of December within most countries works out well. I usually start Re-SASS around January 15th because in most cases, that means that somebody's been hosed.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Can I please get multiple santees? I have a bunch of barnacle jim themed gifts I wish to distribute.

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

SASS newbie here. I'd like something awesome please, Santa!

Santee: I'll ensure my sent gift is suitably excellent also.

I'm excited in my pants.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Spookydonut posted:

Can I please get multiple santees? I have a bunch of barnacle jim themed gifts I wish to distribute.

I'm not saying you would forget one of them, but I am saying it would be easy to. If you have a surfeit of christmas cheer put it into making your santee's gift amazing!
also, you should watch for re-sass.

Viruswithshoes posted:

SASS newbie here. I'd like something awesome please, Santa!

Santee: I'll ensure my sent gift is suitably excellent also.

I'm excited in my pants.

I got your email. My server definitely believes your mailserver accepted it, so I think it got flagged as spam, which is why I didn't reply in email (it'd just get filtered too ... probably). Please check your spam folder and let me know if it's in there!

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

i'll probably get one of my parachute accounts as my secret satan

hey is this a 1-to-1 swap thing, or is the person you send to not the same as who is sending you thing

heyniceperro
Mar 22, 2007

You're the one for me, fatty.
I was stiffed last year so please give me a good santa this year, spirit of christmas.

To my Santa: I like touristy stuff from wherever you are from. T-shirts, coffee mugs, magnets, shot glasses, whatever. Send me whatever weird poo poo you have, I don't care. It can be NSFW or hand knit socks. I like it all.

To my Santee: You will get touristy stuff and other things that you may request.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Ruby got Railed posted:

i'll probably get one of my parachute accounts as my secret satan

hey is this a 1-to-1 swap thing, or is the person you send to not the same as who is sending you thing

the person you send to is not the person who sends to you, barring highly unusual circumstances. A -> B -> C -> A in each 'region'.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
Santa... I've been a good boy this year and made someone ditch her family name for mine, and give me half her stuff \o/
I want more stuff though. There is never enough stuff! Consumables are great, homemade stuff are the awesome, SASSmas is bestmas!

Santee: hodl hold on to your butt, SASSmas is coming!

frontyardninja
Nov 5, 2005

Uncle Itchie posted:

Ooooomg, I am so excited!

Last year, my Santa sent me a huge box full of amazing presents for me, my daughter and our idiot cats. We loved the movie "9", Santa and rematch it quite a bit! So...

These are the pictures from last year's box opening: http://uncleitchie.imgur.com/all/

THAT ME! My local Blockbuster was closing and I spent a lot of time there each weekend; everyone got movies last year. I'm glad you liked "9" - I keep meaning to watch it.

Ay, Santa. I'm 30, female, get called sir a lot, ultra single, work as an office drone in a cube farm for a trucking company, am the keeper to one old bitchy cat, have no space in my apartment, my mom is my only friend, and I can't cook. If you are a homeowner you could send me some information on how to increase my credit score or the pitfalls of home ownership that will convince me to keep renting. Why other people won't empty the lint trap in the dryer? I don't drink much alcohol and stay away from soda/pop. I'm allergic to penicillin and most candy is kind of a no-go for me on account of my soup teeth. I'm missing 5 and never got wisdom teeth :haw:

I'm kind of stupid about Captain America even though I don't have a head for actual comics. I like stuff that scares me and usually spend a lot of time reading post-apocalyptic books. I guess I collect DVDs. Send me a magnet or postcard from where you are, maybe I can travel there in my dreams. If you're at all inclined, my amazon wishlist is under my real name with the June birthday. Take care of yourself, Santa.

ChronicMasticator
Nov 5, 2008

Name:
Cesar, the Murderbear
Known Aliases:
Doug
SASSmas, the only time I actually post on these forums! (Sorry, Santa. I am terrible if you are trying to forums stalk me. If you're international, I like unique foods/booze and regional stuff.) Also another year of secretly hoping you get genesplicer or the random super rich goon as your santa.

Santee, expect something bee related and I'll stalk to the best of my ability to get you a great gift!

SASSMAS TIME WOOO

ChronicMasticator fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Nov 8, 2014

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Tiaz did you get my email? I've checked spam/etc and haven't gotten a response, having issues logging into the site.

Uncle Itchie
Sep 19, 2008

frontyardninja posted:

THAT ME! My local Blockbuster was closing and I spent a lot of time there each weekend; everyone got movies last year. I'm glad you liked "9" - I keep meaning to watch it.

Ay, Santa. I'm 30, female, get called sir a lot, ultra single, work as an office drone in a cube farm for a trucking company, am the keeper to one old bitchy cat, have no space in my apartment, my mom is my only friend, and I can't cook. If you are a homeowner you could send me some information on how to increase my credit score or the pitfalls of home ownership that will convince me to keep renting. Why other people won't empty the lint trap in the dryer? I don't drink much alcohol and stay away from soda/pop. I'm allergic to penicillin and most candy is kind of a no-go for me on account of my soup teeth. I'm missing 5 and never got wisdom teeth :haw:

I'm kind of stupid about Captain America even though I don't have a head for actual comics. I like stuff that scares me and usually spend a lot of time reading post-apocalyptic books. I guess I collect DVDs. Send me a magnet or postcard from where you are, maybe I can travel there in my dreams. If you're at all inclined, my amazon wishlist is under my real name with the June birthday. Take care of yourself, Santa.

Whichever one of you dorks gets FrontYardNinja needs to shower her with goofy stuff...she has paid it forward. Seriously, FYN...that movie "9" is messed up, and we can't stop watching it. The Child also loves all the magic stuff. Idiot 1 & 2 both preferred the box (picture proof!). Thank you so so much!

I'm already on the lookout for What-the-Chist stuff for my own Santee.

Galginaitis
Oct 25, 2006

Diagnosis: Inflammation of the Galgin
Uh... hell YEAH! SASS is the best holiday tradition.

e:
Santa, I don't post a lot so here's some stuff about me. It also should be easy to stalk me.
26/m/md living with my girlfriend and a super cute pupper dog
Likes: craft beer, cooking, stuff local to you, science, the Baltimore Orioles

Don't send me almonds. Almonds make my mouth go numb and I want to be alive for SASSmas.

Galginaitis fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 28, 2014

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Dear Santa: I am old. Like, really old. (I'll be 52 by the time you send me your stuff.) I am also a science teacher, specifically of 8th graders. I am the biggest science nerd on the planet. Science toys are the best thing ever. Particularly if they are things I can use in class. I am also married, have both cats and dogs (the dogs are smaller, pug-type beasts). I tend to leave a fairly wide trail on these forums, so stalking me should not be a problem. In addition to science toys, I am also into local foods, books and music you enjoy, maps, dinosaurs and scientific instruments.

Actually, anything you choose to send me will make me happy.

Dear Santee: I hope you have posted some on these forums. A few years ago the person I got had made fewer than 10 posts in his/her time on the forums. And none of those was of any help in figuring out what kind of gift to send. Luckily, I have a huge number of bee hives in a field near my house, so collecting a locally-produced (if somewhat stingy) gift was no problem. If you are hoping for anything in particular, please let me know so I can scratch my head and say "Why would anybody want that, when they could have a perfectly fine swarm of bees???"

Juice Packets
Sep 22, 2005

They're Handy But They Leak Like Fuck!™
Registered even though I barely ever post here these days (hooray lack of self confidence in anything I have to say!). But previous years have been fun so I'm in I guess.

Dear Santa,

I have nowt that I really want, to be honest. I like stupid tat and vegan food and good booze and stuff. Books are cool too. But just like yer man up there I think science toys are the best. I would love you forever if you got me something nerdy and cool-looking that didn't kill your bank account stone dead.

Dear Santee (whomever you may be),

I'm sorry. I'm so very sorry. I'll get you something cool.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
Oh boy, it's this time of the year again! I am still grateful for the gifts from last years's santa (amazing whisky among other things) and super dedicated to lighten up another goon/goonette's day!

I'm a 27 yo ph.d student of game studies (like film studies, but still a very fledgleing field), who appreciates good local food and drink. ATM I am reading up a bit on prehistory (srsly considering to name my firstborn Sargon) and try to get into simple meditation techniques to get rid of the emotional burden of a pretty rough year. I would appreciate yummy local food and drinks, maybe a postcard from your hometown or something pretty related to cats (no vomit, as nice it may be) which the gf might appreciate as well. But if you feel like going crazy and send over whatever you feel like, go for it.

edit: NSW presents might be a bit problematic.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
I'm in

Female, 32.

I like things that are handmade, upcycled or thrifted, I'm all about the reduce reuse recycle.

Edibles are great, there are very few things I dislike though I am a strict vegetarian so no meat please. When it comes to alcohol I like sweet things.

I like animals (especially wild pigs, bats and other unusual mammals), sci-fi (especially Iain M banks, old and obscure short stories and interesting ideas, not so much sci-fantasy or space opera), animation and SCIENCE. I have a big allotment, so interesting vegetable seeds would be cool as long as they'll grow in the North UK climate and can cope with neglect. I've also been losing weight and getting fit for the past 6 months and am progressing pretty well so fun stuff related to fitness and good health could be an idea.

dear Santee,

expect something handmade and some delicious foods. If you don't go into detail in this thread I WILL be SA stalking you to find out what you like

Fatkraken fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Nov 17, 2014

tagmedia7
Nov 2, 2011
Just signed up! Can't wait to be assigned a Santee, I look forward to SASS every year!

Hey there, Santa!

My name is TAG, and I'm a freelance graphic designer living in Pennsylvania, the road pothole capital of the world! (Ooh! Aah! SoProud!)

When I'm not single-handedly* changing the very foundation of businesses with my unique and innovative approaches to logos, business cards and even tattoo designs, I can be found doing anything from old-school video gaming, building computers, to any other number of geek-related activities.

Anything you get me will be awesome, but if you need some ideas, I will point out that I'm obsessed with cheap Chinese electronics and goofy things I can keep at my computer desk or hang on my wall.

I also enjoy anime, audio engineering and am an avid collector of the strange, obscure and bizarre.

If you have any other questions for me feel free to ask, once the SASS messaging system is online. Sadly, you're not going to find much on me on the forums, as I tend to lurk most of the time.

To my Santee:

I like to go overboard and spoil / surprise my Santees. I'll do my best to get what you're asking for, but I usually like to throw in a unique twist or two. Also, I sure hope you like electronics... ;)

* I am NOT single-handed. I have two hands.

tagmedia7 fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Nov 10, 2014

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007
D'aww, my first SASSmas. I don't get presents from anyone in my family, so yay, a stranger will do!

Aboot me: Late 20s, goonette, Canada. Don't smoke/drink/do the drugs, because I am lame. I have a 23 year old cat but don't send anything *for* her as she's on borrowed time as it is. My main interests are biking, candy and graphic design. I'm into the whole healthy living thing but I've fallen off the wagon this year, so no junky junk food please. I've been described as a quasi-hipster. My music tastes are fairly Canadian indie-heavy so that may not help.

Post history will bring up a lot of WWE stuff. :ohdearsass:

I like locally made/handmade stuff. I'm doing international so maybe some things specific to your region would be cool, because I haven't made it out of North America yet and will have to live vicariously through you.

No gross poo poo.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

I did this under a different username for the past few years. I'm pleased to be able to do it again :)

Santa - I'm a 25 year old distressingly queer who lives by themselves, larps, and spends most of their time writing things. I am very sorry that I haven't posted as much as I used to under my old email address, but I will try to post more over the next few weeks, just for you. I am an actor manqué, and also I am the type of person who uses words like manqué.

tagmedia7
Nov 2, 2011

Rand McNally posted:

D'aww, my first SASSmas. I don't get presents from anyone in my family, so yay, a stranger will do!

Aboot me: Late 20s, goonette, Canada. Don't smoke/drink/do the drugs, because I am lame. I have a 23 year old cat but don't send anything *for* her as she's on borrowed time as it is. My main interests are biking, candy and graphic design. I'm into the whole healthy living thing but I've fallen off the wagon this year, so no junky junk food please. I've been described as a quasi-hipster. My music tastes are fairly Canadian indie-heavy so that may not help.

Post history will bring up a lot of WWE stuff. :ohdearsass:

I like locally made/handmade stuff. I'm doing international so maybe some things specific to your region would be cool, because I haven't made it out of North America yet and will have to live vicariously through you.

No gross poo poo.

Can you recommend any good Canadian indie rock acts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

tagmedia7 posted:

Can you recommend any good Canadian indie rock acts?

Joel Plaskett Emergency and Hey Rosetta! are my faves, but check out The Burning Hell and The Rural Alberta Advantage too.

• Locked thread