Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tagmedia7
Nov 2, 2011

Rand McNally posted:

Joel Plaskett Emergency and Hey Rosetta! are my faves, but check out The Burning Hell and The Rural Alberta Advantage too.

Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Van
Aug 26, 2007

Are these your friends?
yesss..?
Oh boy, Secret Santa. I love doing this every year.

I'd also like to thank the lovely Santa that got me a 12-pack of Haribo Goldbears last year! The thread was no longer available the same day the package came so I couldn't thank you then.

As for this year:

Santa - I love me some retro video game/movie merch or something just plan kooky. NWS is fine inside the box but not on the outside.

Santee - Prepare yourself.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
Santa,

I am speaking for myself but will mention my wife. I hope that isn't confusing.

My wife and I have been busy this year. I am getting my PhD and just finishing my course work whereas my wife has begun working toward a new career. We have quit our jobs that we were ok with, took a 75% pay cut, moved across the country, have no friends, no family, and really are not fans of Pennsylvania or our new home town. But hey, that is what new beginnings are for!

Recently, we have begun to meet folks since we are getting out of the storm of beginning anew. Since we left our lives behind, I don't know if I even know what to ask for. I enjoy tabletop and war games very much. I have been thinking about getting in to an old time hobby lately and so I have thought about getting into miniature painting but I have had little time to actually get the materials to start doing it.

We have been enjoying the beer selection in State College and have recently begun to think about making our own.

Really, we just need some fun in our lives. All we do is study or write or drink and study or write.

Santa, please help us! And by help, I mean for the love of god don't send me gross stuff.

Santee,

My wife and I will be stalking you, living vicariously through your exciting life. I hope you are exciting because we will send you things based on how we think your life should be. This package will have big beefy arms and want to take you through Laos or Cambodia even if he knows you shouldn't be trying to do that.

There will be hinds.

Sincerely,

your future santa

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Was in a record store today and found a perfect gift, so I bought it as part one of many. My future Santee is just going to have to like it :colbert:

Luna
May 31, 2001

A hand full of seeds and a mouthful of dirt

I'm in this year, hope my Santee likes stuff from the land of moonshine and ginseng.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Tendai posted:

Tiaz did you get my email? I've checked spam/etc and haven't gotten a response, having issues logging into the site.

I did! Sorry, that was a weird one. I've replied.

LunarTaffy
Dec 5, 2009

Not gonna take it anymore!
I've missed a year or two, but I'm in again. Last time I made cuntvalet a cool crochet Tom Servo that I'm still ridiculously proud of, and I'm looking forward to breaking out the yarn again this year! You may also get home-made soap, my husband just made a orange-chocolate batch that smells good enough to eat.

I'm female, mid-30's and married with kids. I like books, science, books about science, video games, candy and anything home-made. I like to write and make crafts. I also like cats and elephants and my kids love minecraft to an unhealthy degree. No bees or dildos or bee dildos, please!

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

First year doing this, should be fun

Cool with whatever really, something goofy, nerdy, or funny will work.

White Noise Marine fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 4, 2014

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

What the gently caress, fools? I'm in it to win it.
Multi -year participant, look forward to this every year.

Male, 29 year old animal welfare officer.
I love art (making, looking at), classic cars and motorcycles(fixing, driving), alcohol, (drinking, beer brewing), books, movies, video games (ps4), animals, cooking, and any and all vintage shaving stuff. Wear a size large and I'm very open-minded and I'm easy to impress.
Questions? Ask me via the messaging system, I love using it. Like a SASSmastime pen pal, it is!

I don't tend to post a lot at any other point in the year, but I lurk around several forums here, and as always, if you are my santa and absolutely stumped, you can find my amazon wishlist under my name when you get it. I have my avatar the same there for easy ID. That should give you a peak into who I am and what interests me. There are a lot of officery things there right now, don't worry about that, it's just job stuff.

Also, I'm obsessed with bones. I collect animal bones, skulls, whatever. My front yard looks like I dug up a pet cemetery from all the bones I've collected walking around in the desert. I Love bones, art about bones, what have you. Don't send disgusting bloody animal parts, though. I don't want your half decomposed pet gerbil.

Santee -

I hope you enjoy organic, free-range, fair-trade, single-origin bees.

Droogie fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 2, 2014

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
I was SO worried this thread wouldn't make an appearance this year, I love this thread so so much!!

I'm a 26 year old female
- size xl for girls and L for mens
-I have my degree in art education with a minor in art history. Mucha really gets my girl boner going, but newer or goon made art is super awesome and I have lots of places in my apt I can hang it!
-I love love love sweet things, not too crazy on spicy stuff but my bf is and I can make him try anything
-I'm living with my bf now so that's new-ish, 3 mos in!!!
-I love girly things: glitter, zebra print, penguins, nail polish, hot pink poo poo, owls, candles, jewelry (I have a couple of holes in my ears and a hole in my nose), etc...
-I love skulls, dia de los muertos, roosters, I probably should have been born Mexican
- ugly and tacky stuff is great too. I don't know why I love it but I do. Bears, moose, clowns, all loving wonderful
-I love Harry Potter, hate hate hate anime
-I'm allergic to latex and (just discovered this year) pumpkins, so I can't do the basic white girl thing, nor horse masks (thankfully bees are safe though)
-I've started taking tea to work as I'm not too crazy about coffee but still want that energy boost; I love black tea, chai, vanilla, caramel, and passionfruit flavors. That's all I've really explored so far and I know some goons are really into teas
-I love finding out about new cultures and lifestyles
- No pets unfortunately :( The apt doesn't allow dogs and the bf isn't crazy about cats
- You'd have a harder time finding music I don't like as opposed to what I do. The only stuff I'm not really crazy about is classic rock and heavy metal. Other than that go for it; punk is probably my favorite but I listen to top 40, EDM, rap, hip hop, country, electronic swing, alternative, spanish, indian, jazz, like really anything works.
-I solemnly swear I will post pictures!

Santee: I generally send tons and tons of food stuff since I'm from Chicago and have access to lots of fun things! I look forward to this thread so much! While I am not always the best stalker I definitely try to have fun while picking out your stuff and always make sure to send you something you'll enjoy. I try to send a piece of art too. Last year I discovered the art I had intended to send plus some other small things sitting on my couch when I got back from the post office :ohdear: So hopefully that won't happen again!

CeramicPig fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Nov 9, 2014

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
hooray for SASS again!

To my santa, please don't get me any clothes, or anything that is stupid. While most of my Santas have been awesome over the years I've gotten a few "box of crap" type things and that's just lazy. Look through my post history, you can probably figure out what I'm into, but for the most part I like cool things, like imagine if you had a thing and you showed it to someone and they responded "wow that's cool". thats the kinda thing i like

Obscurum
Apr 23, 2007

The world is not beautiful. But that in itself lends it a kind of beauty.
Edit: Also I just thought about the fact that in all the years of doing this no one has ever gotten me an avatar. That might be kinda neat.
Okay For my Santa, The low-down you may be seeking on me..
I am a Lady goon in my 30's who has two young boys. (Age 3 & 5 if that matters)
As for things I like the list is not that long. I enjoy photography a good bit, spend most my time lurking in the dorkroom here on SA.
My favorite colors are teals and gray. I love cephalopods, a LOT. I'm not really a girly girl.. So like makeup and frilly things are not my thing.
I live in Oregon thus we love and use beanies like 9 months out of the year.. Same goes for hoodies.
If you do feel the need to get clothing I like my stuff big. Think Mens 2XL woot/teefury. But I get Hoodies in a 3XL a lot of the time so I can wear stuff under them.
I don't eat fish. I'm allergic to shellfish so yeah.. Nothing else tho. I'm not THAT big on candy.
Also just to make sure I don't like get in trouble with he cops on this one, Yes we passed the legalize weed bill here, But it does NOT start till mid July! So if your a 420 kida person please no weed.. yet? ;)
As for other info just send me a message on sass site and I'll be happy to tell you whatever else you may want to know.

Dear Santee, Hope you like Stuff and Things! Boy howdy do I have a lot of them for you this year!

Obscurum fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Dec 1, 2014

Hiilai
Jun 13, 2009

enziarro posted:

enziarro easily claims first gift

gently caress yeah, i got real lucky last year so i will hopefully be passing this on to santee with some awesome poo poo this year! go international, motherfuckers, you'll get enough salmiakki to last all year.

You know this is going to be a good year when your last year's santee is praising you right in the first reply. :allears:

Dear Santa: I have a cat and I like video games, animals, nerd stuff, science stuff, history stuff. If you have some special and easily-shippable cuisine nearby, I'd love to have some! My t-shirt size is men's M, unless it looks really big, then go with S. Actually, anything is fine! I believe in you!

Dear Santee: Yeap, enough salmiakki to last all year. Unless you really don't want any. But you'll get some anyway. One thing's for sure though - you won't go hungry. And you'll get to unwrap loads of Finnish stuff!

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat
Well if everyone is doing bio's, I guess I should too.

I make and repair electric guitars. I like anything, especially weird crap that I can tinker with/modify (before I starting prodding guitars for a living I used to be one of the alpha-nerds in an electronic components store) but anything you send will be greatly received.

To the giftee: Muhahahahahaha.

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

I'm not an angel - I'm a Galactic Pioneer.

Hiilai posted:

You know this is going to be a good year when your last year's santee is praising you right in the first reply. :allears:

this santee is going to be the most satisfied santee this year, i guarantee it

i'm still so satisfied from last year i need you to PM me your address for this year so i can divert a little santafication back out finland way

if i'm supposed to make a post in this thread about what gift i want because santa might not have plat, well, idk send something dangerous or maybe decapod related or maybe some drugs or salmiakki or somethin but really it's SASS so send whatever the hell you want

Caxixi
Sep 20, 2012
Waiting for my verification email! Last year I was kind of a lovely Santa and Santee, so I hope to make up for it this year. I never got around to posting pictures of my gifts from last year so I guess I'll start with that because the wrapping was so awesome.

The best part was that all the mail is kept in the back room and I have to ask the front office to retrieve it for me. Now I get weird looks when I pick up packages.

Fancy foreign candy!!! It was all delicious and gone immediately. I also got a hot pink picture frame complete with black and white picture of a dog, which sits on my desk and encourages me while I do homework. Salmon and sweet potato baby food was included as well, which I did not try but my hermit crabs seemed to have enjoyed it. I also got a cute card!

Thank you Santa and I'm sorry I was late in posting!

Future Santee: I promise I won't gently caress up this year and get you your present before January! If you like homemade things I will make you so many things. If not I will find you awesome things and hope you like them!

Santa: I'm a student and I just love getting presents so anything you get me will be appreciated! Incase you need help though, I like tea, scented soaps and candles and stuff like that. I also love to craft and cook so cool yarns or neat cooking tools are appreciated! Just make sure the outside of the package isn't too NSFW because I don't wanna scar the front office people too much. Weird stuff you randomly find is always appreciated!

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

SASS, gently caress yeah!!!

I'm still a single male goon in my early 30s. Anything NSFW is totally fine, but I would love anything local, especially food (vegetarian, no food allergies) and shells if you live near the beach. If you send food, please know that I may not be able to open the package between Dec 23-26. You can of course go a completely different route as long as your present does not get me deported. You did an excellent job the last couple of years, so I know I have nothing to worry about.

Santee: Post your wishes or prepare your anus.

Semi-Protato
Sep 11, 2001

Oh hey SASS this is my third or fourth or maybe twelfth time doing this I don't know I've had a lot of beer this year

SANTA: I'm a guy in my 30s and I like things that have a joke or story behind them. If your area has a neat claim to fame or something unique about it that it's known for I'd totally dig something related to that. Local food is always great, but be prepared for anything you send to freeze solid. Hooray Wisconsin! I don't give much of a crap about NSFW stuff but keep the dongs & goatass on the box to a minimum. You have a badass act to follow, my last Santa sent me homemade candies, booze, and a totally awesome hand knitted scarf.

SANTEE: I am cleaning the gently caress out of my basement this winter so if you don't post what you want I will send you spiders and old insulation and water softener pellets. Maybe you'll get lucky and I'll find an old desiccated mouse corpse for you! Or maybe I'll just do the Wisconsin thing and send a box of cheese and sausages wrapped in Lombardi quotes. You should plan for the spiders though. I'll be easier on you than my last Santee, who got a copy Book of Mormon. I still feel kinda bad about that. No I don't. So post something already.

LET'S XMAS

Semi-Protato fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Nov 10, 2014

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
This is literally my favorite thing ever forever.

Seriously, SASS is the single point of joy in my otherwise awful, awful life.

Santa,

I'm a dude in my early 30s, performance engineer for a software company by trade. My hobbies right now are:

Motorcycle riding
Board games (notably wargames of some sort, but I also collect strange/fun sci-fi RPGs)
Computerized gaming
Working
Taunting my wife

Love,

SquadronROE

Santee,

I know where you live.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
I chose space because I wanna find out how to send a package to the ISS... does Amazon have a branch up there?

Dear Santa: If you stalk my posts, you'll see that I'm a twentysomething ladygoon with a bunch of cats and that I like booze, nail polish and makeup. I'm permanently seven years old when it comes to cute things. I enjoy arts and crafts, things involving calico cats, books, kitschy stuff from your homeland, making food, weird candies (or if you have kinder eggs on the space station and want to try and smuggle me one I'd love you forever), nice pens in colors other than red/black/blue, homemade things like bath and body stuff, handmade goods, secret family recipes, things that smell good, I'm not too terribly picky.

Please don't send me anime, videogame stuff, bodily fluids, used sex toys, angry bees (nice bees are okay), dumb nerd poo poo or anything illegal.
Non work safe is fine on the inside of the box. I've sent goons rubber fists and elephant thongs before so as long as it's not tentacle rape or weird anime I won't mind too much. I am a vegetarian, so please don't send me a box of beef jerky, that wouldn't be very nice.
I like to subject my high school age students to really bad (awesome) music so if you have some real gems that won't get me fired, I'd love a mixtape.
My birthday is the day after Christmas, so I'll probably wait to open it until my birthday unless you tell me that the bees will die before that.
If you're absolutely stumped, some inspiration can be found from my Etsy Favorites. (and yes, it does have a weird username thanks to my brother) There's a lot of nail polish on there due to NPSS, but that's just some of the stuff I like.

Dear Santee: I hope you like bees. And cats.

Fashionably Great fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Nov 30, 2014

Epic Mount
Jun 18, 2007
I sent a bunch of lovely gifts last year and got shafted and received squat:ohdearsass: I won't let it ruin my Sassmass spirit though!

I'd be happy with whatever weirdness (legal though!) I may receive!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Huh, sounds fun. I'm in.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
In like Flynn yeaaaahhhhhh.

Question Mark Mound fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Nov 11, 2014

Zero Odds
Feb 16, 2008

NO!! NO!! NO!!
As is my custom every year, I have already started perusing every goon's wish list for no real discernible reason.

Just you wait, santee! You'll get something from someone else's wish list in no time! :buddy:

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Please Sam, don't use the word 'acumen' again.
Can't afford to go international this year, gotta save money for the wedding next October.

Santee: I'm sorry I'm so terrible. I'll try to find you something nice! There will at least be coffee milk syrup. Autocrat is the single best thing to come from my region.

Santa: I'm a 28 year-old male, who lives with his fiancee (who is also participating in SASS) in a condo. As I mentioned, we're getting married in October of 2015. We both work in medical information systems integration, though I'm the nerd, not her.

We have two cats who are too drat fat for their own good, Boots [With the Fur] & Stitch.

I'm a hobbyist handyman/DIYer who enjoys building simple things and working on my garage in my free time (see my thread for details). I do a little bit of photography as well. I also love gadgets and PC game things. Right now I'm working on Skyrim. We also play a lot of board games with friends.

Everyone thinks my taste in candy is gross, so I'd love some regional food goodies.

Though I've somewhat gotten over it, I was once very afraid of bees. :ohdear:

Dragyn fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Nov 10, 2014

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Hiya Santa! Second year for this, woo!

I'm a twentysomething goon who doesn't post all that much, but am willing to work with you plenty if you have any questions. My dorky interests include history, politics, science, astronomy, maps and documents and junk, video and board games of all sorts. No pets. I've started lifting weights and revived my running routine and am trying my best at the self improvement thing, something along those lines maybe? I work front desk at a supply/furniture company so maybe something (obviously legal and safe, duh) to decorate or put up here might be a nice idea? NWS is.. okay, but at least try to be clever, and let me know if you're sending something along those lines, okay???? Also any cool or even basic local stuff is ALWAYS great. Thanks! :D

Santee! Last year my santee seemed to enjoy the stuff I sent him, even if I was lucky and most of it was stuff and treasures gathered over the years that fit the bill with some other bought things mixed in. I probably can't go over the top like some santas here, but I will do my best to find something cool/something you'll love, promise. Also, look behind you. xoxo, Santa.

fine-tune
Mar 31, 2004

If you want to be a EE, bend over and grab your knees...
This is year 9 for me (I think). So many Goonmasses, I can't remember!

Santa: I'm a married thirty something lady who does IT at a big university. Interests include cooking, video/tabletop games, booze, gardening, cats (we have 3). We home-brew beer on and off, but this year has been more focused on gardening and canning. Please no NWS/NMS items. Non-angry bees are fine, so long as they won't die on their journey to the cold midwest. I love local foods & books and also crafty stuff you may have made.

Santee: I hope you like jam and/or pickles, because we have been canning up a storm. If not/you live in a country that hates fun, I'll figure out something else, just you wait.

ETA - Here are cat pictures!

Nori (the small, smart cat):

Guinness (the giant, talkative cat):

Not pictured, Nyx the potentially bipolar cat.

fine-tune fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Dec 2, 2014

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yiss here we go.

Santa: I'm a dude who does nerd poo poo. My post history will tell you I like MTG. I do, but pls do not buy me any cards because I mostly play online these days :). NSFW is aok, but maybe not super NSFW on the outside of the package please and thanks.

Please do send me:
- Good local beer and or cider (is it legal to ship booze to NYC???)
- Trinkets for my bookshelf trinket collection.
- Cat toys, cat nip, cat everything I have a v cute and little kitty and she is always looking for new garbage to destroy.
- Cool local food or candy or whatever, I like things and am not allergic to anything, so bring it on!
- If you're the kind of person who just loves to spend money on other people, and you don't mind taking a suggestion, I'd love a sub to http://volumeproject.org/subscribe/
- Or whatever! I'm happy to receive anything your little heart thinks is cool :).

Santee: I will probably buy you something neat and shove it all in a box and then mail it to you. Also, I work in 3D printing, so I will probably print you something(s)!

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Dragyn posted:

Though I've somewhat gotten over it, I was once very afraid of bees. :ohdear:

It's good to see SASS improving lives :buddy:

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

God I love SASS, even though I got shafted last year (however, my 2013 Santee/2012 Santa brickswereshat sent me a nice thank you gift, so it wasn't completely a loss).

Things I like (in no particular order):
--occult imagery, especially the Eye of Providence (and eyes in general, I work for an eye doctor)
--women's medium shirts, knee socks, and necklaces
--nonfiction books in the sort of pop science and history vein of Bill Bryson, Mary Roach, Sarah Vowell, Sam Kean, etc either on paper or magically delivered to my Kindle
--candy, especially lemon and peppermint
--coffee, green tea, and slightly larger than normal mugs
--getting presents in the mail

Things I don't like:
--salt licorice
--NWS/NMS stuff
--scented stuff like lotion, soaps, or candles, because they make me wheeze and/or give me a rash

I have a Tumblr under the same username, and an Amazon wishlist under my real name. I also have a bobtail cat, who likes crunchy treats and feathery wands.

HelloIAmYourHeart fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Nov 12, 2014

obviously I fucked it
Oct 6, 2009
All in, LOVE THIS!

Santee: Buckle your pants, and buckle them tight, you pussy---tight. I will get drunk and stalk the gently caress out of you. THE gently caress OUT OF YOU. I will stalk your rear end with the crazed vigor of all your worst exes combined and infuse it with the psychotic holiday madness that only the SASS experience and way too much liquor can provide.

Santa: I am an elder shegoon who likes anything to do with horror movies, weird art, and hats. If you send me a silly hat, I will wear it with silly pride and adoration and put up my picture wearing it. I will be truly grateful, too. Last year was the bestest!

PID.9
Nov 11, 2012

What is this feeling I'm feeling right now? It's like I'm sad for another person. Is that a thing? Am I going crazy?
This is my first SASS! Yay!

Santee: This is my first go at this, but you can count on the fact that I will spend entirely too much time, energy, and brain power on what I get you, which will include going Nancy Drew on your rear end and stalking the gently caress out of you. That is all.

Santa: I'm a 26 year-old female. I live with my fiance and our two children cats. It shouldn't be too hard for you to figure out who my significant other is (also participating in SASS), which I guess is a good thing since he's much more active on here than I am and can maybe give you more insight about me (all good things I'm sure. . . I really should read what he's telling you all about me/us one of these days. Anywho. . . We're getting married next October. We've got most of the big stuff planned/booked, but need to get moving on the details, especially since we seem to have a lot of fantastic DIY ideas that may or may not ever come to fruition. I own a condo, where we live, and my fiance owns a home as well, which he rents. We're also going to be closing on the unit next door to mine later this month (still wrapping my head around that one) so by the end of the month we'll own 3 homes between the two of us, and oh yea, planning/paying for that wedding I mentioned. . . because we're crazy.

I already mentioned our cats. We adopted Stitch from a shelter in 2012 after Kevin adopted us. Unfortunately our sweet (most of the time) little Kevin passed away this April and while they weren't best friends our poor Stitch was heartbroken. She (Kevin. . . yes, we knew she was a girl) was not very fond of Stitch; she tolerated him at best, but he loved her and was very lonely when she passed. So a few months later we went to another shelter and ended up bringing home Boots [With the Fur] for him (and us). They get along better than Stitch and Kevin did, but they're not quite BFFs yet.

I'm an Interface Analyst by trade. I work for a local hospital group. I also volunteer for Horizons for Homeless Children, an organization that I got involved with back in 2010. I'm part of the PAL (Playspace Activity Leaders) program, which essentially means I get to go play with a bunch of awesome kids for two hours a week at a shelter in my area. I went to school for early childhood education and language arts, so this is much more my thing than the stuff I get paid to do from 9-5 every day (that I just sort of fell into, but as it turns out, don't suck at and make good money as a result thereof). I'm also a member of the PALS council so I attend meetings a few times a year and get to discuss ideas for improvements in the program and things like that. I really enjoy it, and it's a much better use of my time than sitting on my rear end watching trash T.V. (which just so happens to be another one of my pass times).

I'm fairly creative and have farted around with things like jewelry making, sewing (very minimally), and other such crafty type things. I just can't usually sit still long enough to follow through on most of it. I also used to play guitar and have tried a few times to get back into that. Board games are always fun (or any games really). I'm really just an overgrown child, so things like play doh are also awesome. And since this is already a novel a few other rambles of things that I find awesome in case you care: micro pigs (gently caress yea), monkeys, anything from the 90's, but especially toys, British things, specifically Red Phone Booths and Union Jacks (I have no rational reason for my mild obsession with these, but I've learned to accept it, as has my fiance . . . . I am still trying to convince him that the $500 life-size Red Phone Booth wine rack at Home Goods would look great in our small condo) . . .also, bees?

Zero Odds
Feb 16, 2008

NO!! NO!! NO!!
Oh yeah, forgot this part! I'll try to make it easy.

Santa baby, please treat me nicely. I have been a shithead as usual, so I should obviously get all the coolest stuff. :smug:

About me: Aspiring elementary school teacher, self-taught Japanese student (:kamina:), vintage dress collector, Monster Hunter, Steam game hoarder, snack/candy devourer, owner of two incredibly cold feet and one brain full of bees.

I love all kinds of bee-related paraphernalia, which is a big part of why I get so excited about SASS. Bees, please.

I work at a diner and make an awful mess, so I'm always on the lookout for cute aprons with pockets, especially waist-tied/bistro aprons and flattering pinafore or smock aprons. Nothing that ties around the neck, though.

More ideas: Simple games (board, card, etc.) to play with housemates, mechanical pencils + refills for writing practice, goofy stickers, stuff with skulls or floral prints, case for my new reading glasses, funky hair ties, a soft blanket, slippers. I don't wear pants, so I always need leggings or tights to keep warm. I generally fit in ladies' L sizes for everything. It's a safe bet to say I probably haven't read your favorite book or heard your favorite album yet. I love bizarre and avant garde poo poo, and especially things that make people laugh out of discomfort.

Please note: I have an irrational aversion to yarn and knitted or stringy/fringe-y things, so please don't send those because I won't be able to touch them. I am allergic to both cats and dogs. :( I also don't have a high tolerance for spicy things. Beyond that, I am an adventurous eater. No booze or drugs. NSFW/NMS is fine!

Zero Odds fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 17, 2014

Sas
Oct 29, 2014

ok, i want to sign up but kind of annoyed your using my initials like this.

how do we find out who we're matched up with? is this a thing for plat users only?

kalleth
Jan 28, 2006

C'mon, just give it a shot
Fun Shoe
~ hells yeah ~

okay, santa. we're about to have a conversation on the internet. a one-way conversation.

* i am devlopr. i maek teh websites in ruby on rails. i commute on the train and tube to London, so stuff that entertains me while i am hating trains is fine too.
* i have the biggest sweet tooth imaginable. seriously you could send me a freddo and i'd be just the happiest.
* zero allergies, no pets. No you cannot ship a goldfish via Royal Mail.
* My clothing size reduces daily, atm i'm an XL but

I read terrible scifi on my kindle and for fun i go take photographs of stuff sometimes. I go running and i have a rowing machine at home.

Sometimes i play computer games. I have no specific feelings about bees.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I will be happy with whatever. Whoever you are, you'll be getting something great, and likely something that can only be found in Texas.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

First time, but I promise I won't screw this up.

Dear Santa, I'm a typical male eurogoon who likes old video games (mostly PC), candy and dadrock. Everything you send me will be treated like a gift from heavens, and will make me very happy. I don't drink alcohol, though. People seem to mention this, so I will add I have cats in house. Other than that, surprise me.

Dear Santee, I will stalk you to hell and back, in effort to make you happy. Expect many weird thingamajigs along anything you prefer (I'm not rich, but I like giving more than receiving).

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Sas posted:

ok, i want to sign up but kind of annoyed your using my initials like this.

how do we find out who we're matched up with? is this a thing for plat users only?

Please submit an invoice to the licensing department.

After processing assignments, everyone will be sent an email, I will update the thread, and santee details will be visible on the site.
Any SA user can sign up, it's not plat only.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

:woop: The best time of the year has finally arrived again! :woop:

OK Santa - I'm a 26 years old history student living in Vienna, but originally coming from the glorious Free State of Bavaria. I'm a terminally boring person, as I am especially interested in terminally boring stuff like (early modern) history, (Catholic) theology, linguistics, and, er. I like to play D&D, would like to start play guitar again if I wasn't so lazy, start videogames only to get sidetracked again shortly later and waste way too much time on these very forums. My shirt size would be an M, even though I've gained some weight lately. When will beer and crisps ever stop being so darn delicious? :btroll:

Santee - My brother's a beekeeper. Just sayin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
In on SASS like...uhh...like a goon on SASS!

Like most years, I hope my santee appreciates local food, candy, and beer. I live in Vermont, so that basically means you're getting nothing but maple syrup.

• Locked thread