Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mucocele
Nov 3, 2012

Senior Scarybagels posted:

The only stupid question is the one not asked (though I will probably say the question is stupid anyways).

I bet you will too. It's pretty dumb. So everyone uses their :airquote:IRL:airquote: names and addresses, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

mucocele posted:

I bet you will too. It's pretty dumb. So everyone uses their :airquote:IRL:airquote: names and addresses, right?

See that's not a dumb question, I believe you can use your forum name instead, but I believe using your real life name makes it easier for the package to reach you.

The question was dumb and you should feel bad

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice

Question Mark Mound posted:

So I should probably post something to give my lovely Santa-to-be something to work with, shouldn't I?

I'm 28 years old (well, 29 by the time Christmas comes), male, shirt size Medium (although I can squeeze into the occasional Small if it’s unusually baggy).

I'm generally into video games but don’t play as much as I used to just due to a lack of free time. Not a fan of comics or superhero stuff at all. I love really awful horror movies (like the ones RedLetterMedia would review on Best Of The Worst) but my back-catalogue is ever growing and I just can’t catch up with all the stuff I've been meaning to watch!

I absolutely adore kitschy and weird stuff, especially the odd gadgets/music/knick-knacks/etc that Japan puts out (my Otamatone is my favourite thing ever). Does thinking that Babymeta'’s last concert was one of my best ever metal gigs make me a bad person? I feel like it should make me a bad person <- so the usual “no anime” rule in a lot of posts doesn't necessarily apply, even though I don’t actually watch any anime itself any more.

Not a huge drinker but I'm a sucker for anything that doesn't actually taste of alcohol (alcopops, Baileys and milk, generally anything totally unmanly)

I almost want to ask for something for my 3 huskies too, but they will rip absolutely any toy to shreds within minutes. :(

However the best thing to do is probably to ignore everything I've just posted and send me anything you think is awesome for whatever reason!

I might be opening my goodies in front of friends so no furry dragon dildos please unless clearly marked.

Yay last year Santee! I didn't poison you with chocolate vodka, I'm glad!

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

mucocele posted:

Do you have a fake address you can ship things to?

mucocele
Nov 3, 2012

Scudworth posted:

Do you have a fake address you can ship things to?

Well I have a P.O. box, but I usually get things shipped to my house.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Explaining to the mailman that I am Mr. Paramemetic regardless of what my driver's license said was one of the best parts of SASSmas last year.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
My postal worker doesn't give a crap and delivers packages to the house no matter what name is on the package but your mileage may vary. For some reason we used to get a ton of magazines for a Bob Crotchitch. If you're paranoid use an initial for your first or last name. If you're afraid of being stalked by a goon, put your work address on there.

santa please don't IRL stalk me

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I'm having it shipped to my friend's office where I gave him instructions to look for a package for "Blarzgh".

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.

Potrzebie posted:

Santa... I've been a good boy this year and made someone ditch her family name for mine, and give me half her stuff \o/
I want more stuff though. There is never enough stuff! Consumables are great, homemade stuff are the awesome, SASSmas is bestmas!

Santee: hodl hold on to your butt, SASSmas is coming!

Dear Potrzebie's Santee, can confirm that he sends awesome stuff! Potrzebie! I got the package and sent you a PM! THANK YOU :D

Dear Satin,

I am a 29 year old lady goon who is almost done with grad school (studying genetics). I like science and roller derby. Lately, I've particularly been obsessed with space and cats although I do not have a kitty of my own....yet. I also like things that come from where you come from (local food, trinkets, a shirt from your local roller derby league [XL], whatever). I also like weird things and have a weird sense of humor (last year I made my Santee a Robert Downey Jr pinup calendar). I'm not allergic to anything fortunately. NWS is okay, just not on the outside because I'm having it sent to my parents' house. And if there are NWS presents, just give me a heads up since the past few years, I've opened up my SASS gift with my now 16 year old sister and will again this year...unless there's NWS poo poo. I am easy to please and will answer any questions you have!

Dear Santee,

Don't mind the airholes and angry noises from your package nothing to be concerned about at all ha ha

scorpiobean fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Nov 14, 2014

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

mucocele posted:

I have a stupid question that I am almost embarrassed to ask.
Here you go buddy

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

CherryCat posted:

Yay last year Santee! I didn't poison you with chocolate vodka, I'm glad!
^^^ this is an example of a good Santa

Zero Odds
Feb 16, 2008

NO!! NO!! NO!!

mucocele posted:

P.O. Boxes are probably kosher. In most addresses, I would at least include a last name or initials just in case.

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.
Signed up for year 4!
Dear Santa,
I am a man staring down the onset of 40 with grit and determination. I like games, (board and video alike) food, booze and bees. Seriously, I like bee stuff. It started here with the "bees for Africa" thing years ago, but I love stupid stuffed bees and poo poo. I am a XXL fatbody with a family of people who "get" me, so anything NSFW is just fine. I'm cool with dildos and rubber vaginas and bees and Dreamcasts full of mealworms. If you have passive aggressive anger issues, I'm your man. Abuse me, Santa. Make me your bitch.

Or send nice things, if that is more your style. Or just a card if it's a rough year. I won't judge.

Love,
brickswereshat

StoicFnord
Jul 27, 2012

"If you want to make enemies....try to change something."

College Slice
First year in the SASS. Looking forward to it!

Edit:

Dear Santa

I'm 37, i work in programming, and like video games and comics.

God, i am such a manchild.

I like weird curiosities, and don't mind being surprised with super weird stuff.

StoicFnord fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Nov 25, 2014

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

Paramemetic posted:

Explaining to the mailman that I am Mr. Paramemetic regardless of what my driver's license said was one of the best parts of SASSmas last year.

A couple of years ago on SASS I had to explain to the nice lady at the post office that, yes, I was mailing a box addressed to HOT BRITISH SEX. His housemate failed to answer the door to collect the package, leading to a note being left for Mr. HOT BRITISH SEX, and his subsequent visit to the post office where he was scornfully asked to identify himself.

All part of the joy of the season.

NinjaPablo
Nov 20, 2003

Ewww it's all sticky...
Grimey Drawer
Dear Santa,

I don't have much advice to offer you. I participate again this year in the hopes of further confusing my wife with random packages from the internet. If you want to find something like old computer stuff or video games, awesome. If you want to find something strange and bizarre from Ray's Occult Books, or something more trendy from the Twin Pines/Lone Pine Mall, that's fine too. Just think of what was cool like 20 years ago, and it's probably a safe bet.

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

Dear Santa, I like betting on things, things that get me high, things to bug my cat with, delicious things, revolting but new things, non fiction reading things, music things, and things to hang on my wall.

Bouncy balls and red bull always appreciated as well.

But I will be happy with what ever mish mash of random junk I end up with.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Signed up! :awesomelon: one of my favorite parts is the sarcastic signup website, so good job on that!

Santa: I'm a nerd that works in IT. I like motorcycles, airplanes, tech stuff, gadgets, and etc. I'm an amateur mechanic/engineer. Food and snacks are always good too! I'm honestly not all that picky, it's the thrill of the unknown that gets me gleeful

E: Here is a link to my Amazon wishlist. I don't necessarily expect anything from that, just hoping to give you an idea of what I like.

CloFan fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 30, 2014

Trelane
Jul 27, 2003

ja tvoi sluga, ja tvoi rabotnik
This is my first year signing up for this and I'm super excited! I'm thrilled to send random poo poo to a completely random person and likewise receive.

I like nerdy things, video games, snacking, things that get me intoxicated, science fiction, guitar playing stuff, homemade doodads. I am a man and wear a size L

Santee can expect stuff along these lines and I love Christmas gifting.

m0rrin
Dec 30, 2006

HORAY!

Santa I like Cats!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Please address my gift to my real name, Santa. As I'm pretty sure the people at Canada post will not let me pick up anything else.

Tricolor
Nov 10, 2009
So, this has got to be my third year Sassing and I just can't get enough!

I love nice fountain pens (eee!), kitchen doodads, ink-related art stuffs (be it quills, paper, ink or otherwise), funky socks and knitted hats, earrings and necklaces.

My Santee, prepare to get some awesome!

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I have braved the murky depths of nu-GBS to do SASS once more! It's been so many years since I did my first ever SASS and it'd be a shame to stop now. I'll copy + paste what I wrote in another goony secret santa I'm doing:

I'm a dorky 28 year old goonette in the UK, and I spend a lot of my free time jamming on the guitar, watching goontube, and playing Final Fantasy games. I also organise a relatively popular social video games night in my home city!

Likes: bees, doom metal, electric + bass guitar, harp, gothy stuff, skirts, trippy artwork, video games (but I have more digital games than I know what to do with), board/card/party games, tasty sugary things, cult movies & TV
Dislikes: wasps

Idioteque Dance fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Nov 17, 2014

eselbaum
Jul 4, 2009

*boop*
Woo-hoo, all signed up! After seeing SASS come and go for the last few years, I finally got the motivation to participate in it for the first time. Super-excited!

Dear Santa,
I am a 26 year old ladygoon. I live with my husband and we are expecting our first child next May. I read more than I post here, so searching the forums may not give you too many clues. You can look, but I think I'll provide more potential gift ideas in this post than anywhere else on the forums.

Given the fact that I am currently pregnant, please don't send any booze or smoked/precooked meats unless you want it to go directly to my husband, though I'm sure he wouldn't mind!
Also, I'd rather not have to figure out what to do with anything dildo/goatse/bee-related besides throwing it away, so if you could avoid sending those kinds of things that would be great!

Other than that, nothing is really off limits.

My husband and I love playing and recording music together, so unique little instruments are always welcome and will probably end up in a song if they sound neat.
We also love listening to good music, so any cool CDs or mixtapes would be bitchin'.
We love to cook and eat, so if you have any local, unique, or interesting foodstuffs you would like to share, that would also be great. No known food allergies here!
We love watching old TV series on DVD like Twin Peaks, Fawlty Towers, Bottom, Mighty Boosh, and Spaced.
I think we collectively own more music books and bios than anyone else I know, on subjects ranging from local bands to the Manchester music scene to punk to jazz, but we're always happy to add to the collection. Any cool books, really!

Dear Santee,
I will do my best to research your interests, if you happen to express them on the forums, and gift accordingly. You may also receive some sort of food or candy. I knit, so I might knit you a scarf or something if your region gets cold. Or you may get something else that's homemade.:iiam:

EDIT: Just a heads up; if my Santa is feeling particularly stalk-y, I don't use this username for anything else. I googled it out of curiosity just to see what, if anything, might come up. The top hit is someone's youtube account with my same username, but it's not me, and it in no way reflects my interests (lots of rap and wrestling videos?) So, probably don't refer to that to find any gift ideas.

eselbaum fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Nov 19, 2014

obviously I fucked it
Oct 6, 2009

Paramemetic posted:

Yeah; the kids seeing their stepmom is also known to some as errol flynn was fun as well.

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
Yay! Year number 3! :neckbeard:

Dear Santa,
Feel free to go crazy, but no cat vomit please! I'm 27, and married. My wife and I enjoy going to comic conventions. We're both Packers fans. We have 2 super spoiled cats. I enjoy photography, playing guitar, video games, going to concerts. Alcohol is cool and good, baked stuff is cool and good.

Dear Santee,
I'm currently unemployed, so you will probably get some homemade stuff. I will try to get creative!

SnafuAl
Oct 20, 2010

VR! VR! VR!
BLOODY VR!

SASSmas Commences.

Dear Santa,

I'm a 25-y.o. male person from Scotland. I enjoy things, especially video games, board games, card games, music (especially weird rock-fusion using traditional music stuff from wherever you're from. I've got Scottish, Irish, German and Mongolian flavours so far). I also collect masks from media (got a sweet Loki Mask in a previous SASSmas, which I made myself look like an idiot by not recognising). Also local candy and stuff. NSFW is fine if you insist, but please put some kind of warning on the box, since I am spending the holidays with family, some of whom may be young and/or impressionable. I'll answer any questions you have once the SASSmas Messaging Service goes live.

Santee,

You may receive some or all of the following:

-Scottish touristy poo poo
-Cake
-Chocolate and related goods
-Bees
-A Hat
-Irn Bru
-Whisky
-Nerd poo poo
-Broken glass and a soggy cardboard box

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

YAY! SASSMAS! Here's a picture I made a little while ago that is fitting for the occasion:

Dear Santa:

First off, I have three children, ages 10, 5, and 6 months. Please nothing :nws: or :nms:. I have to put this warning up, because a few years ago through a different site's SS, I was sent a fleshlight. Not cool.

I am a married 36 year old male from Michigan, US. I like Deadpool, Rick & Morty, Metalocalypse, board games (don't have many of my own, usually play somewhere else), Doctor Who, Castle (the Nathan Fillion show on ABC), Marvel Comics/TV shows/Movies, G1 Transformers, Nintendo stuff (we have a Wii U and a few 3DS systems), and I am a HUGE RiffTrax fan. If you send a shirt, 2XL is best.

Santee,

Bees. Maybe a shirt. You might even get a picture from my 5 year old daughter. Whatever it is, it will be cool.

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Dec 2, 2014

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Hello! I am neongrey, a 30-year-old ladygoon.

I like fancy pens, inks, cats, video games (no electonic-only gifts please) (I do have a 3ds, ds, ps4, ps3, vita, and a passable gaming pc), yarn, t-shirts (either men's 2xl or xl; I don't like women's cuts), bizarre kitchen tools, Sailor Moon, cute things in general, and so on. My favourite animal is elephants.

All sorts of arts and craftsy stuff is fun for me. I also like local stuff too.

NWS a-okay.

Santee: I'll probably e-stalk you a little, figure out something you will really like. I have had some great hits before!

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

This SASSmass looks to be shaping up awesome!

Porkins
Nov 28, 2007

I'm right with you
Hello!

I'm a 26 year old lady goon

I'm a fine arts grad who works in fundraising. I have a ginger cat named Alfie, after Alphonse Mucha, the art nouveau painter. I like coffee and tea, cooking, DIY crafts, painting, travelling and board games. My favourite colour is purple and I love everything coconut. Shirt size medium/large.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I don't participate in the celebration of Christmas but thank you for giving me an easy way to scope out female goons :fap:

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

I'm not an angel - I'm a Galactic Pioneer.
every year some goon's roommate steals his presents anyhow, probably for the best you don't get in on this

BrilliantFool
Jan 23, 2007

Bravo.
Yay SASS!

Santa,

I'm a 24 year old goon girl who has terrible taste. Please send me goofy anime poo poo, sweets, homemade stuff, or stuff for my desk at work (I'm not huge on alcohol, but I'll drink it). If all of that sounds like too much effort to you, go to your local Half Price Books or whatever book/music resale shop you know of and get me a bunch of cheap fantasy romance novels and/or bargain bin classical music CDs. Nothing NWS/NMS please.

Side note- I will be moving sometime during this winter, so things might get a little crazy. Let me know before you send anything.

Santee,

I will get you things. Lots of things. (The quality of said things may be dubious.)

BigHustle
Oct 19, 2005

Fast and Bulbous
Last year my package was addressed to 'Grover Haus' and my folks almost sent it back Return to Sender.

I guess I should do my little spiel for Santa too.

I'm a 38 year old dude with a lovely office job. I play tenor guitar, synth, and a bunch of oddball instruments in two bands. I do some music writing (concert reviews and band bios) for a local independent radio station and spend too much time watching poo poo on YouTube. I also have a ham radio license, although I haven't done much with it in a few years. I like post-apocalyptic and sci-fi stuff.

I will be happy with anything you wish to send, but please avoid too much in the way of sweets. I am diabetic and would not like to lose a foot. I wear a 3X in t-shirts if you want to go that route. If you're into local music, a mix CD/flash drive of music/bands local to your area is always a good choice. I just signed up for Steam if you are the gaming type, my Steam ID is BigHustle007. When in doubt, bizarre is best. NWS/NMS is OK, but please keep it inside the packaging. Feel free to message me on the SASS site or have an elf contact me if you want to harass me about anything.

BigHustle fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Dec 2, 2014

Casca
Jan 25, 2006

The Saints must Flow.
Dear Santa-
I'm a 37 year old married ladyperson with a degree in photography who is slowly working on getting a useless fire arts degree as well. :v: I own two cats. I like all sorts of geeky poo poo and I'm a huge PC and tabletop gamer. I do have an Amazon wishlist and a Steam account but I'd be more than happy with whatever cool stuff is local to your area or home made things. I like teas and coffees of all kinds but I'd prefer to stay away from candy or other sugary foods. I wear a size XL t-shirt. Feel free to message me on the secret Santa page if you need any more info.
Please no NWS on the outside of the package, I don't want to deal with weird looks from the postal workers for the next few years.

Dear Santee-
Get ready for a boxful of cool poo poo from my home area and random stuff you like gleaned from my online stalking. There may or may not be bees.

Spadoink
Oct 10, 2005

Tea, earl grey, hot.

College Slice

Asiina posted:

Please address my gift to my real name, Santa. As I'm pretty sure the people at Canada post will not let me pick up anything else.

This is important .. if you get a :canada: goon, you must use their name or initials in the event that the package is held for pick up at a Canada Post office.

morethanjake32
Apr 5, 2009
Dear Santa,
I am a 31 year old married male goon with two doggies and two kitties. I am size medium, no allergies or food restrictions, and no aversion to NSFW. Do not send me poop though. The sky and the gutter is the limit. Sorry I haven't posted much this year, but you should be able to internet detective me pretty easily.
yours truly,
morethanjake32

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Spadoink posted:

This is important .. if you get a :canada: goon, you must use their name or initials in the event that the package is held for pick up at a Canada Post office.

Canada Post demands that you not only present the pick-up slip, but also a photo ID with current address. I've gotten away with just a photo ID and slip, but sometimes they'll give you a hard time about it. This is why I always include my real name in my address for SASS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Purple Duck
Dec 22, 2011

Yay second SASSMASS!!! It's the best time giving and receiving gifts to internet strangers!

Santa,
I am sorry I am an idiot lurker. I am a goonette who is a teacher of the high school people. I collect rubber ducks, and love wind-up toys like robots. My husband and I play board-games like Munchkin, CAH, and Thunerstone. I wear an XL in women's and a L in generic male t-shirts. Handmade stuff is the best, and so is bees. Overall I just like getting stuff, even if it is something little like a pack of stickers. If you have any questions at all please feel free to use the sass-mailing system. I am usually pretty good about communication!

Santee,
Bee prepared. I have been buying/searching for little thing's all year. I also like to put an individualized handmade gift into it so hopefully you will like everything.

Merry Sassmass everyone!!!

• Locked thread