Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

lol is kinda cute that you guys are talking about 30-50k like it's some kind of baller-status amoutn of money.

50k plus tax free every 2-4 years adds up.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
a bunch of the members of seal team 6 died in the same plane crash a bit after bin laden died so a job seems like a pretty sweet deal by comparison

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

lol is kinda cute that you guys are talking about 30-50k like it's some kind of baller-status amoutn of money.

When you're like 24 years old, it's tax free and you have nearly no financial obligations. It's a fair amount of money when taken in context.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

psyopmonkey posted:

:nyd:

Ummm...

Excuse me.

Its called a combat cock duster.

Thanks.
i knitted a cozy for my penis so it doesnt gather dust anymore

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

psyopmonkey posted:

:nyd:

Ummm...

Excuse me.

Its called a combat cock duster.

Thanks.

shutup and post some inane gifs

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

darealkooky posted:

a bunch of the members of seal team 6 died in the same plane crash a bit after bin laden died so a job seems like a pretty sweet deal by comparison

There's a bar in the town I work in that has 8.5x11 pictures of dead SEALS on the wall. They cover about a 20x75 foot area completely.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

natetimm posted:

50k plus tax free every 2-4 years adds up.

Ain't no enlisted getting 50k every 2 years, pretty sure ain't no drat enlisted getting 50k every 4 even. Maybe back when Dubya was prez and they had to take in felons and poo poo because nobody in their right mind was joining up to get killed digging holes in Iraq looking for Saddam.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
can we get this dude on the talk show circuit PLEASE? and maybe doing hig school or cfollege graduations FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

somebody release this man among the children

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Modern Day Hercules posted:

Ain't no enlisted getting 50k every 2 years, pretty sure ain't no drat enlisted getting 50k every 4 even. Maybe back when Dubya was prez and they had to take in felons and poo poo because nobody in their right mind was joining up to get killed digging holes in Iraq looking for Saddam.

I was talking SEALs, not your run of the mill squid retard.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i bet ISIS would pay him double than that beer delivery job

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Hmmmm yes I will out myself to the media as the man who killed bin Laden, it's not as if there's a group of murdering zealots who might be upset that it happened

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Bin Laden is alive idiots

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

numberoneposter posted:

i bet ISIS would pay him double than that beer delivery job

he already has prior work experience in heroically executing unarmed brown people.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Oh look. All the places I dont want to live.

Thanks!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

psyopmonkey posted:

Oh look. All the places I dont want to live.

Thanks!

Texas is also the number #1 source for recruits of all US states.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Yeah man those guys getting a 20k sign on bonus to do a desk job that is paying them 4k a month when BAH is added in and then get payed to go to college sure are hosed up retards let me tell you. Man I'm glad I took out student loans and graduated with this sick rear end sociology degree in which I can now make 35k a year if I could only find a job. Luckily living with my parents ain't half bad, lol!!!

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

Why do people who hate government handouts get so worked up over the government not giving handouts to people who served? They're pretty much a high schooler in terms of real world marketable skills. If you have that big of a hardon for capitalism you should just acknowledge that military service is the weed out test for determining whether you're capable of looking towards long term results or simply have the attention span of a goldfish.

really made me think

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

NakedWithCandy posted:

lol at anyone join the military. your country doesn't actually give a crap about you.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Fandyien posted:

you'd think after killing bin laden they'd just give you those four years as a freebie

In Armageddon those dudes didn't even have to pay taxes anymore.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Ramsus posted:

Yeah man those guys getting a 20k sign on bonus to do a desk job that is paying them 4k a month when BAH is added in and then get payed to go to college sure are hosed up retards let me tell you. Man I'm glad I took out student loans and graduated with this sick rear end sociology degree in which I can now make 35k a year if I could only find a job. Luckily living with my parents ain't half bad, lol!!!

Many people actually have jobs and homes and support a family without ever having to join the military at all. Imagine that. Imagine having a marketable skill that someone might want to hire you for. Imagine having a job that lasts until you're 65 with a pension that allows you to do whatever you want to do for the rest of your life instead of a job that lasts until you're 38 with a pension that might pay a mortgage bill if you live in a place where houses are cheap. Many people enjoy this kind of lifestyle, and that's because they are both smarter and worth more to society than a soldier.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Modern Day Hercules posted:

Many people actually have jobs and homes and support a family without ever having to join the military at all. Imagine that. Imagine having a marketable skill that someone might want to hire you for. Imagine having a job that lasts until you're 65 with a pension that allows you to do whatever you want to do for the rest of your life instead of a job that lasts until you're 38 with a pension that might pay a mortgage bill if you live in a place where houses are cheap. Many people enjoy this kind of lifestyle, and that's because they are both smarter and worth more to society than a soldier.

LOL what percentage of people do you think work well-paying jobs guaranteed to last to 65 with a pension? What country do you live in?

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

natetimm posted:

LOL what percentage of people do you think work well-paying jobs guaranteed to last to 65 with a pension? What country do you live in?

yes keep blaming the world for your problems

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

darealkooky posted:

p sure it was actually shot

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

natetimm posted:

There's a bar in the town I work in that has 8.5x11 pictures of dead SEALS on the wall. They cover about a 20x75 foot area completely.

i have got to see a picture of this

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I mean, there must be something out there for this guy. Is G.I. Joe hiring?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

tbh if i lived in the american southeast i'd be desperate for any opportunity to leave too

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

ArtIsResistance posted:

yes keep blaming the world for your problems

Actually I work for the government with a pension in a job with high job security, but I am acutely aware that is not the case for the vast majority of people out there.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Justin Tyme posted:

I was in RASP for a bit and that phrase is 110% spot on. Regiment is one giant college football team except the players are also all frat bros who get sweet hookups at their dad's car dealership when they get out.

Except, you know, if you are an actual college football player in regiment you just end up getting teamkilled

During war, you would deploy for much shorter trips but do nothing but raids, and usually go back to your fob at the end of a long night and play cod or workout or whatever. Meanwhile regular infantry are sweating their rear end off middle of the day hoping they don't get blown up or waiting in the sun for EOD to show up, and hang out in that shithole for a year.

Sorry you were such a baby about doing pushups and hosed yourself out of an easier job :shrug:

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Business Gorillas posted:

tbh if i lived in the american southeast i'd be desperate for any opportunity to leave too

jokes on them they'll get deployed right back to their old hometown lmfao

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Frostwerks posted:

i have got to see a picture of this

It's sad. Row upon row of smiling young dead dudes enshrined in a bar in the town where SEALs are trained. Considering what it takes to get into any sort of Special Forces, the amount of potential snuffed out on that wall is staggering when you think about it. I've found that no matter which of my friends I bring in there and their political beliefs, it's a very somber thing for all of them.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I like her nail polish.

that's a thumb toe bra yore gay

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

natetimm posted:

It's sad. Row upon row of smiling young dead dudes enshrined in a bar in the town where SEALs are trained. Considering what it takes to get into any sort of Special Forces, the amount of potential snuffed out on that wall is staggering when you think about it. I've found that no matter which of my friends I bring in there and their political beliefs, it's a very somber thing for all of them.

yeah thats what i thought someone brought it up about that guy that got sued by jesse ventura because he said he kicked his rear end for talking poo poo about the seals in that bar and someone said that the place is like a shrine.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Frostwerks posted:

yeah thats what i thought someone brought it up about that guy that got sued by jesse ventura because he said he kicked his rear end for talking poo poo about the seals in that bar and someone said that the place is like a shrine.

There are multiple SEAL bars in and near Coronado, CA where they are trained and many have their own collection of different dead dudes. Jesse probably got punched/not punched in Danny's or McP's, both of which have a shrine-like atmosphere, but Danny's much more so.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

natetimm posted:

Actually I work for the government with a pension in a job with high job security, but I am acutely aware that is not the case for the vast majority of people out there.

Its true, things are hard out there for a lot of people. Even so, you don't need to kill people for money. That's more aspirational.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

natetimm posted:

Potential murderers, all murdered in the very act of murdering. Sobering.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Being a murderer is only really controversial to people who enjoy the privilege of living in societies created by mass murder.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

natetimm posted:

Being a murderer is only really controversial to people who enjoy the privilege of living in societies created by mass murder.

Yeah that's true, without those SEALs murdering brown children in Afghanistan there's no way society could function. There's no way they are a worthless evil in the world, collectively less valuable than a single immigrant fruit picker.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

natetimm posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

• Locked thread