Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Don Mega
Nov 26, 2005
they sound pretty gay to be quite honest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
People watch other people play video game

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
If commentators scream loud enough, it's exciting.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
It's a way for asians to be good at a "sport"

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
It's like a sport but electronic, OP.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
some people like to watch dorky losers play stupid games instead of going outside and being a normal person hth

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
competitive lets plays

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
It's just an excuse for e-jocks to act e-gay with each other.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

basically if there's nothing good in your life and all you do is play video games all day you play e-sports because that's a way for you to feel like your life has meaning when it really doesn't.

Smeego
Sep 9, 2001

japan sucks

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

there are people who make hundreds of thousands of dollars playing counter strike and most gbs posters can't even afford therapy

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

i will explain esports to you

http://youtu.be/S9ZI6I56604

you're welcome

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

this explains everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxLnT5TJjow

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Fandyien posted:

there are people who make hundreds of thousands of dollars playing counter strike and most gbs posters can't even afford therapy

and yet everyone still laughs at them and calls them losers because they play video games over the age of 12

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i will be the world's first openly gay cho aniki champion

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Fandyien posted:

it's because they all suck at CS.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
theres a website where you watch video games and you pay for it with subway gift cards, this is a real thing

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Fandyien posted:

what like 4 people?

Don Mega
Nov 26, 2005

do all pro gamers get this many girls? maybe it's not gay after all

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Sancho posted:

what like 4 people?

probably closer to like 15 if you count northern europeans but yeah

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
if i become a pro gamer someone else will pay girls to pose with me

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7HbCkU_-cM

Science Rocket
Sep 4, 2006

Putting the Flash in Flash Man
theyre sports you can do while rolling on e

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

one of the most inconsequential and meaningless activities you can devote a life to, op

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

It's how you rationalize being picked last in gym class all your school life.

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012
i thought i was good at smash brothers on the gamecube. i would play as kirby and huff and puff all my chucklefuck friends into oblivion. then, i went to a tournament at gamecrazy. first prize was a free full-price video game of your choosing. needless to say, the stakes were high. first match, i'm matched against a kid playing as sheik, and by golly, i could not land a blow. he just rolled under me. i turned to attempt another strike, he rolled again. his rolls were interspersed with critical blows. he handily took care of me, i didn't get one kill. i was humbled at gamecrazy and that's my story.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Cashews of Chaos

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Its actually pretty lame, you get "hired" by this company and they pay you to live in a house and play a game. You go to tourneys to win money for the company that and the company gets the money. They like pay you the scraps and all the managers cheat the system and rig the tourneys. This has actually happened a poo poo ton.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Some people who grew up playing games for children enjoy watching people who are exceptionally good at said children's games. The games tend to emphasize hand eye coordination, strategy, teamwork, and dexterity. It takes countless hours of practice to participate in these games on a similar level of professionals, so most people who watch the pros only casually play the games themselves.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

ArbitraryC posted:

Some people who grew up playing games for children enjoy watching people who are exceptionally good at said children's games. The games tend to emphasize hand eye coordination, strategy, teamwork, and dexterity. It takes countless hours of practice to participate in these games on a similar level of professionals, so most people who watch the pros only casually play the games themselves.

lol

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

if i could make money w/my 3:1 average KD ratio in insurgency and red orchestra i totes would

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This thread is so bad I can't belive people are still talking about this. Gas gas gas!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Don Tacorleone posted:

Cashews of Chaos

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Zoe cucked Lowtax with Spanish Manlove! #AwfulGate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSizePotato