Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Lester Shy posted:

Anybody else have to manually reset your Dots about once per week because the response time gets so slow? Unplugging them works, but it's annoying, and it's hampering my plans to eventually mount them in more obscure places.

Nope. Only time i have to reset them is if they drop off the wifi, maybe once every 6 months?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Did Amazon make it extremely hard to set a smart plug up to turn on and off on a schedule or something?

We moved a few months ago and I'm finally getting around to setting up a plug in our living room and i keep hitting a brick wall trying to make this loving lamp turn on at night.

In the Alexa app new routine...

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Croatoan posted:

3. As for use, they're pretty great EXCEPT I have 2 dots and a echo sub for my office. I have to turn the frames off to play Spotify verbally in my office because it's on my face and defaults to just playing on my frames.
Can you not say “play Spotify in office” or whatever you’ve called the room/device, to get it play out of another echo?

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

notaspy posted:

Hello thread, I have Alexa's all over my house because benzos rules and Musk drools.

I have Spotify linked to my Alexa's which is great apart from when my partner or kids want to listen yo something while we are different rooms. What happens is their stuff starts playing and I can't even listen on my laptop or mobile.

I have tried linking to a shared family account but that means I can not long link my mobile to my Alexa's.

So I tried to setting up my partner on her phone and thia is where it gets even worse. Even when her account is the one that is linked her Spotify can't see the Alexa's.

We are both on an Amazon family plan and a Spotify family plan.

I did notice that all the Alexa's are registered to me personally, if that has an impact.

I've tried looking on the internet for a solution but it has been no help.

The way we "solved" this problem in our house. You can add multiple amazon accounts to alexa and use "alexa switch account" to switch between them. You can then add the Spotify skill to each account linked to different spotify accounts.

It was too clunky for us in the end, so we just use one spotify account across the whole house and deal with it. Since amazon added the ability to recognise different voices it might work better now, but i think it'll still cause issues with multi-room groups.