Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd arrested in New Zealand for attempting to hire a hitman.

BBC posted:

Mr Rudd, who was born in Australia, has also been charged with possessing the drugs methamphetamine and cannabis, and of making threats to kill.

The musician's waterfront house in Tauranga, on New Zealand's North Island, was raided on Thursday morning.

AC/DC are due to release a new album later this year. A statement on the band's website said: "We've only become aware of Phil's arrest as the news was breaking. We have no further comment. Phil's absence will not affect the release of our new album Rock or Bust and upcoming tour next year."

Mr Rudd, 60, was released on bail after a brief appearance at Tauranga district court. As part of his bail conditions, he must not have any contact with anyone involved in the alleged murder plot. Local media reports say that the alleged plot targeted two men. The judge ruled that their names as well as that of the alleged hit-man cannot be revealed.

Mr Rudd will appear in court again on 27 November. He has yet to enter a plea.

Under New Zealand law, the charge of attempting to "procure" a murder carries a jail sentence of up to 10 years. A police official quoted by the SunLive news website said the information that led to the raid on the house was provided by a member of the public.

Mr Rudd was kicked out of the band in 1983 and rejoined in 1994. But he did not appear in a new photo of band members released last month to promote their upcoming album Rock Or Bust, and was reportedly absent from the filming of a new music video, prompting online speculation about whether he was still in the band.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

That's why they call him Bad Company.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

would've voted 5 for the thread title if the guy got busted for humpin a sheep

as it stands...2

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
$25k, flat fee

no cops or politicians

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
how very ironic... the very man... that played the very song... that talked about the very deed that he attempted to commit........... makes you think

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
how very very very ironic........

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
he was trying to put the one w/ dementia out of his misery give im a break

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Well between this Malcolm Young going retarded, I think this should be the end of AC/DC :qq:

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Well between this Malcolm Young going retarded, I think this should be the end of AC/DC :qq:

what happened here

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

mookface posted:

what happened here

he has dementia, cannot retain short term events in memory, is in a nursing home, is a sad thing.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Drunkboxer posted:

how very very very ironic........
i heard There's Gonna Be Some Lockin

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
i want to hire a time traveler hitman to go back and time to stop them from ever making a horrible album

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

fyodor posted:

he has dementia, cannot retain short term events in memory, is in a nursing home, is a sad thing.

and he's only 61. sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
they can hire paul rudd to play slap bass

• Locked thread