Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0Xfqkgw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if the rubber Arnold heads they used for the scene where he pulls the thing out of his nose and the scene where his face is about to explode on the surface of mars still exist somewhere

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

TOILETLORD posted:

they probably got turned into flesh lights

that was more or less my plan for them yeah

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Phobic Nest posted:

They kinda hosed it up though. She's in both the dream at the beginning and on the monitor at Rekall; she really shouldn't be in both.

Officially the idea was to make both versions equally plausible. I watched the DVD extras, yay.

nah when she shows up in the monitor he's already getting woozy from the knockout drugs they had just given him so you could say he was projecting his fantasy/his memory onto whatever model they were showing him

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Phobic Nest posted:

I suppose, though the scenes that Quaid's not in are still kind of a problem.

he's having an out of body experience during those parts
you're over-braining this

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Phobic Nest posted:

Ah, I see.

Wait... then does he immediately forget what happened (when they dropped him in the cab, or when the boss decides to kill him)?

Yes, of course he does. They got him on the good poo poo for his trip.

the head doctor is like "scrub his memory and dump him in a cab, I'll refund his money, if anyone asks he was never here"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread