Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
It would suck if the whole thing was implanted memories and afterwards he went home for cornflakes and the wife who died during his trip was there waiting for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

gary oldmans diary posted:

pretty homo thing to say

Well, he would still believe his memories from Rekall so he would probably straight up murder her.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Professor Shark posted:

the remake isn't as bad as people say it is, though they totally remove mars

It's not really a bad movie. Just kinda a pointless and forgettable movie that's an obvious cash grab.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Gutcruncher posted:

The Total Recall remake had way too much "hey heres a thing youll remember! WOW!" the biggest offender being tri-boob existing eventhough mutants arent a thing in this movie. She showed up, flashed three tits, said two lines derivative of something everyone remembers, then she went away.

Robocop remake on the other hand had a bunch of references but they fit a lot better. Plus the movie itself was different enough to justify its existence. Total Recall ended up just being the same movie but boringer and lazier.

The robocop remake spent way to much time on developing robocop and not enough time developing interesting characters or plot. That was a strength of the original. Murphy does and five minutes later he's back on the street busting heads. We the audience understands that his memories and personality are suppressed we don't need half a movie of explanation to figure it out.

• Locked thread