Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
It's a new age. Let us all get along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Drunk Nerds posted:

Are... Are you trolling? Doobie promised lots of kickstarter rewards, some easy some impossible. Then he changed what he was going to use the donations for from an reasonable hot dog cart to a literal shack converted badly into a restaurant. Then he gave 1 of them and utterly reneged in the most smug manner possible. Then insulted people who politely inquired about the ks rewards by saying they don't understand ownership. Not until then did goons freak out.

Doobie shot first.
Didn't nearly everyone in the initial thread just say that they didn't want their reward they just wanted the business to succeed? Iirc there was an alternative reward proposed where he made a map with thumbtacks to represent the doners or something but by and large people weren't actually looking to be reimbursed they just wanted to help start a random small business they heard about through the awful kickstarter thread.

The entire gimmick was that it was an impoverished southern man we were supporting.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
Wait so the Facebook page is still around?

I thought Doobster blocked me from the page a few months ago. It doesn't turn up in any search and was removed from my likes.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

ArbitraryC posted:

Didn't nearly everyone in the initial thread just say that they didn't want their reward they just wanted the business to succeed? Iirc there was an alternative reward proposed where he made a map with thumbtacks to represent the doners or something but by and large people weren't actually looking to be reimbursed they just wanted to help start a random small business they heard about through the awful kickstarter

That's exacly the point: He didnt have to overtly rescind his promises, nobody cared and nobody was going to his remote restaurant anyway. But instead of just forgetting about it, and being happy people funded his dreams to come true with no real expectations, he said poo poo like "sorry I can 't honor my free combos promise, becAuse we don't offer combos." He couldn't even make A DOG WITH RELISH, which was what he said he'd do to honor the Goons ks backers. Then, when people said stuff like "hey how come you cant just make a dog with relish" and such, he said something smug like "you don't understand the difference between being a donor and OWNERSHIP." It was loving bizarre.

Then, he did all that idiot poo poo with overstretching his funds: renting a place sight unseen, not realizing you have to pay taxes on ks donations etc.

Instead of rolling with the punches, he got SUPER DEFENSIVE and like declared people who had the nerve to politely second guess him "bad froggers," surf the SA thread and passive-aggressively respond to every slight on his facebook, and pretty much act like a smug douche. That's what caused most goons to start giving him bad reviews and all that poo poo, and it just spiraled from there.

At least, that's how I remember it. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but we'll never know because the awesome original thread about this, starcitizen, and Dayz got gassed.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 7, 2014

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i enjoyed making fun of the ppl who donated

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Parallax Scroll posted:

i enjoyed making fun of the ppl who donated

I found out about doob like 4 months after he got all his funding, and have just been loving every angle of it. The guy who gave up his weird adult christmas for doob; the crazy goons who donated and then decided to touch the poop with bad fb reviews; the rational goons who just second-guess his most horrible business decisions; the angry goons who have to criticize everything he does, even the normal stuff; and behind it all, the doobster himself, who is acting like a kid who never learned the playground rule of "just ignore them. Plus just the general rural-Alabama-ness of it all. They are trying to rile you up." . This has been my all time favorite SA thing.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Nov 7, 2014

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ArbitraryC posted:

In the ballpark of 15k iirc for a kickstarter of a man who wanted to make a hotdog shack. In return for this we got a dude who made a hotdog shack that's been running for close to a year now.
don't forget that he quickly wasted all that money getting ripped off for various things, then after a failed followup kickstarter (drat you lesbiam hacker) he sold his boat and a truck. in his mind at that point he was completely self funded.

also it was like april or something so it's only like a half a year and he's already blaming us for slow sales

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Manifest posted:

Is racism over?
I THINK IT IS, AND GOONS SOLVED IT

Not sitting at the counter. Good work Doobs. Your father would be proud.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i also liked the multi page debate about whether doob's grill was too dirty or if thats normal

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Kidsolo posted:

bad froggers

every time he starts getting boring he does something newly retarded and hilarious and gets our attention all over again

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Tasha replies in the "doob's getting a website" fb post about how God will judge all the bad froggers.
It takes a special combination of naivity plus self-centeredness to think that a bogus fb review of a rural hot dog stand is what brings the wrath of the Almighty.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

wait facebook has reviews?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I liked the screencap of the review that was negative and he flipped out accusing the person of never being there. The person then responded what they do puts them on the road a lot and if he can't handle that mild criticism, he should not be in the business.

It was p funny

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
For the doob-defenders, please understand the temptation we face: doob reads this thread, he really does... Then he reponds to a good percentage of the hate in these threads... On his BUSINESS FACEBOOK PAGE. This is a thing that regularly happens.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
fartzzzz

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Doobs is closing his FB as soon as he gets his legit website right? I think it was earlier this week he made an angry FB status on it, thanking SA for all their hard work.

e: welp this is a late post as of the bottom part of page 1.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
Ickey Woods gonna get some cold cuts

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Drunk Nerds posted:

Instead of rolling with the punches, he got SUPER DEFENSIVE and like declared people who had the nerve to politely second guess him "bad froggers," surf the SA thread and passive-aggressively respond to every slight on his facebook, and pretty much act like a smug douche. That's what caused most goons to start giving him bad reviews and all that poo poo, and it just spiraled from there.
and by this point in the saga almost everyone who actually donated had long since checked out of the threads due to boredom or disgust. but it's more convenient to lump the donators, the people posting his dumb poo poo and laughing, the unfunny poop touchers, and the guy who jizzed on a photo all in one bucket

after all doob does this too, and called me out on a loving business Facebook page when I never to this day either donated him a cent or posted anything on his dumb page. just cause i happened to be posting jokes in a retarded forum thread.

as for whether people wanted their rewards, he asked months later via the lovely Kickstarter backer question thing and I bet the vast majority of backers had moved on and never even saw the poo poo in their spam box. and he basically weaseled out of the one reward he did give out once he realized it would cost him a $10 sale every loving time (even though nobody could be loving bothered to go get it)

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Parallax Scroll posted:

i also liked the multi page debate about whether doob's grill was too dirty or if thats normal
dude it looked pretty scuzzy, if a bunch of internet nerds are confused about it how do you think actual potential customers in bumfuck Alabama felt

but no, totally our fault

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I like to think when you walk into his dog house, this song is just on repeat all day long, never ending.

also where's that guy with the dog avatar, didn't doobie make a rap song calling him out in the last thread? I stopped reading it once the gamergate poo poo started.

END OF AN ERROR fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Nov 7, 2014

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

jackyl posted:

oobie
og hous

where does that come from anyway

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Drunk Nerds posted:

For the doob-defenders, please understand the temptation we face: doob reads this thread, he really does... Then he reponds to a good percentage of the hate in these threads... On his BUSINESS FACEBOOK PAGE. This is a thing that regularly happens.
then when it gets quiet for a while, he gets lonely and loving posts a rap or something to get attention again

oh and remember a week or two after opening, after complaining about selling his boat and truck to cover the shortfall of those mean old bad froggers, he posted a picture gloating about the awesome new rims he put on his truck

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

hofnar posted:

where does that come from anyway
nooooooooo

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

zen death robot posted:

more posts about the hot dog man
it is literally what he would want

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Trip Daddy X posted:

also where's that guy with the dog avatar, didn't doobie make a rap song calling him out in the last thread? I stopped reading it once the gamergate poo poo started.
that guy who doob called out in the rap became an ik

i hope you're properly shaking in your booties now

also sorry for like five posts in a row but if i put them all in one people say I'm meltin down or something i dunno. i never figured out posting etiquette but i guess you're only allowed to respond to the last few posts

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Chinatown posted:

Not sitting at the counter. Good work Doobs. Your father would be proud.

Actually he's sitting in the honorary John Wilkes Booth

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
storin the extra pallets and empty coke bottles out back in the Robert E. Lean-To

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

CrashCat posted:

dude it looked pretty scuzzy, if a bunch of internet nerds are confused about it how do you think actual potential customers in bumfuck Alabama felt

but no, totally our fault

yeah like that

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
a quadruple post!!! unbeliebable!!!!

:pusheen:

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3675207&pagenumber=148&perpage=40#post437032163

Gunky Junket
Oct 30, 2014

by Ralp

Over There posted:

It's a new age. Let us all get along.

Penis.

Along penis.

Get along penis.

Let us all get along penis.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Don Mega
Nov 26, 2005
as long as I'm alive there will be a doobie thread in gbs

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

CrashCat posted:

that guy who doob called out in the rap became an ik

i hope you're properly shaking in your booties now

also sorry for like five posts in a row but if i put them all in one people say I'm meltin down or something i dunno. i never figured out posting etiquette but i guess you're only allowed to respond to the last few posts

dunno what an ik is

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Trip Daddy X posted:

dunno what an ik is

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

Trip Daddy X posted:

dunno what an ik is

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
"ik" stands for "Imp King", the uh "rulers" of the Imp Zone subforum of Games. They have non-poo poo opinions of video games and enjoy provoking MMO players into blind rages then reporting them without any context.

They also have stealth mods. Very advanced technology.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

this video has over 3,000 views and it's unlisted

• Locked thread