Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I hate ugly people sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Pon de Bundy posted:

lol its strange how much you dislike a person just because shes a woman

it's not that she's a woman as much as she's an ugly overweight woman who makes more money than me

thanks, obama!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

LifeSizePotato posted:

makes more money than me

Also this.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
also because she has a bad attitude..someone post that sneer at reporter gif

also because she's vapid and self-absorbed and her personality basically has no redeeming qualities. if she lived her quiet life that'd be fine but she's throwing herself on screens all across the country as if she has something to say and be to people. personally i think she sucks and should disappear, her looks are only a small part of the equation.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Tautologicus posted:

because she's vapid and self-absorbed and her personality basically has no redeeming qualities. if she lived her quiet life that'd be fine but she's throwing herself on screens all across the country as if she has something to say and be to people. personally i think she sucks and should disappear, her looks are only a small part of the equation.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
*lets out a low, soft scoff that is audible for about 15 seconds*

In this thread fat nerdy goons talk poo poo about the successful, feminist, actress and author Lena Dunham for making the innocuous childhood mistake of repeatedly molesting her sibling.

You know what GBS? Grow up.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Tautologicus posted:

also because she has a bad attitude..someone post that sneer at reporter gif

also because she's vapid and self-absorbed and her personality basically has no redeeming qualities. if she lived her quiet life that'd be fine but she's throwing herself on screens all across the country as if she has something to say and be to people. personally i think she sucks and should disappear, her looks are only a small part of the equation.
lol @ this

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
yeah don't really even think she's particularly hideous, but i can't stand her. i legitimately gave the show a shot but neither my wife nor i could stomach it. i even tried reading the article she wrote for the new yorker but jesus it was just so loving bad. plus literally no one from the upper class has anything worthwhile to say, and especially isn't some loving voice of a generation.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

it's a good voice of the generation since it's loud, whiny and self-entitled.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

etalian posted:

it's a good voice of the generation since it's loud, whiny and self-entitled.

plus the americans are fatter than ever, so there's that

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

toggle posted:

is there a xxx parody of girls yet?

yes swap.avi

Pillow Clerk
Oct 18, 2008
Is grils cancelled yet?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I hate city people that's what this whole Lena Dunham saga has made me realized

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

gently caress you, ya piece of poo poo. how dare you make this comparison. swap.avi is way, way more entertaining than that poo poo show "girls"

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
please send lena dunham to solve the ISIS conflict

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
please cancel sex in the city next thanks

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Harime Nui posted:

I hate city people that's what this whole Lena Dunham saga has made me realized

Also rich people since the city is becoming their province more or less exclusively.

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
city people are scum

it is known

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
that season preview in the op looks like something you'd see on SNL

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Marvin Freeman posted:

come on, it's funnier than that

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Marvin Freeman posted:

SNL actually did a semi-decent parody of GIRLS. It's mostly worth it for the last line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZwsozPPSqg

It actually gave me hope that people in the media industry are completely aware of how poo poo Dunham and her brain droppings are, but gently caress it she's one of the oligarchs and is somehow making some form of money/prestige in her septic little circles so we have to let her be.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

SNL actually did a semi-decent parody of GIRLS. It's mostly worth it for the last line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZwsozPPSqg

It actually gave me hope that people in the media industry are completely aware of how poo poo Dunham and her brain droppings are, but gently caress it she's one of the oligarchs and is somehow making some form of money/prestige in her septic little circles so we have to let her be.

the impressions were great but they pulled way too many punches for my taste

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Hi, so, unasked-for opinion time!

If you are freaking out over Lena Dunham's supposed sexual abuse of her younger sister, you probably know approximately nothing about child sexuality and need to calm the gently caress down.

It's nothing people want to talk about, but uh, children do have sexual interests, they experiment with themselves and with others. It's part of their little dang-the-world-is-crazy full-of-wonder brains. If unchecked yeah, the experimentation can go too far, but most of the damage done when children play doctor (or other sexual games) with each other comes from adults having conniption fits than anything they did with one another.

This happens most with siblings too.

Just, dang people, read some books? Google some poo poo? Lena Dunham's sister hasn't gone on record to say that her older sister abused her so, prooooooooobably she doesn't feel that way. And yeah, I'm going to go ahead and say that the people experiencing hings should get to put words to what happened to them.

It's just, yeah, as a victim of sexual abuse as a child, this poo poo gets me riled up.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

LifeSizePotato posted:

the impressions were great but they pulled way too many punches for my taste

For mainstream network media taking on one of the art world aristocrats that was as close to spitting directly into their eyes as we're ever going to get.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Uncle Wemus posted:

If you are freaking out over Lena Dunham's supposed sexual abuse of her younger sister, you probably know approximately nothing about child sexuality and need to calm the gently caress down.

It's nothing people want to talk about, but uh, children do have sexual interests, they experiment with themselves and with others. It's part of their little dang-the-world-is-crazy full-of-wonder brains. If unchecked yeah, the experimentation can go too far, but most of the damage done when children play doctor (or other sexual games) with each other comes from adults having conniption fits than anything they did with one another.

Just, dang people, read some books? Google some poo poo? Lena Dunham's sister hasn't gone on record to say that her older sister abused her so, prooooooooobably she doesn't feel that way. And yeah, I'm going to go ahead and say that the people experiencing hings should get to put words to what happened to them.

It's just, yeah, as a victim of sexual abuse as a child, this poo poo gets me riled up.

well it wasnt just the 7 year old gettin doctor on a baby. she kept doing weird molesty stuff to her sister til she was 17.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This is kind-of related but I found out that my little brother is actually friends with the lil sis in question. Apparently the whole molestation charge is "complete media fabrication" according to him. I haven't bothered to press but I think he's just terrified of going against people who could make or break his future career in studio art (yes you can and should make fun of that).

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Uncle Wemus posted:

why is your definition acceptable but nobody else's is? i don't think just because you got a free ride means your opinion is any more valid than any other goon's/ especially when your post has this weird stockholm syndrome vibe. typical weirdo creepy goon.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

idk i just copy and pasted that from my facebook feed

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Uncle Wemus posted:

this is why you should always source your goddamned quotes, people (or at least say they're quotes up front)

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

of course the show that goons don't "get" and "hate" is literally called 'girls'

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Girls will never friendzone me

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

this is why you should always source your goddamned quotes, people (or at least say they're quotes up front)

pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

the culminator posted:

Doesnt girls have not that good ratings?

Like my understanding is the people writing articles about it comprise 90% of the audience

Like Mad Men?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i tried to find a funniest moments video to give it a fair go but all i got was one with Chris o'dowd doing a terrible fake accent for some reason and one involving dunham and her friend in the bath and them messing around with a gob of snot. between that and the first half hour of tiny furniture i feel qualified to say im not watching any more of this shite

also lol that dunham has to pretend that her self insert isn't a complete Mary sue because everyone was like "Christ what a bitch"

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Girls will never friendzone me

jesus loving christ, imagine the poon vienna-sausage dick mother fuckers that have been freindzoned by the Dunham

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

cams posted:

lol @ this

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Uncle Wemus posted:

were any of the comments funny or was it just one pretentious pedophile masturbating gleefully on your feed (to the thought of Dunham molesting her child sister)

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

A Spider Covets posted:

were any of the comments funny or was it just one pretentious pedophile masturbating gleefully on your feed (to the thought of Dunham molesting her child sister)

nah it was a lot of words from deranged tumblrites

iammeandsoareyou
Oct 27, 2007
Nothing to see here

mind the walrus posted:

This is kind-of related but I found out that my little brother is actually friends with the lil sis in question. Apparently the whole molestation charge is "complete media fabrication" according to him. I haven't bothered to press but I think he's just terrified of going against people who could make or break his future career in studio art (yes you can and should make fun of that).

So he's afraid of being blacklisted from being a barista?

Seriously, I'm not sure how directly quoting from the book Lena Dunham wrote can count as a media fabrication, especially when her barely coherent responses make it sound like the quotes weren't really taken out of context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
its funny that goons think the show is all rah-rah woman power when literally every woman character on the show is deliberately shown to be a selfish oval office through and through. It's the guys that all have hearts of gold.

• Locked thread