Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

apathypuff posted:

This is a 5x7" that I did a couple of days ago. I would like to tighten up the graphics on level 3 and then watercolor it next.

Love flowers

Rondette posted:

So here is today's mo portrait. UK/AUS Goons, did you know that it was 26 years ago TODAY that Scott and Charlene from Neighbours got married?

That is a fine bridal mustache indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i hate everything
Oct 15, 2010
We have some great arters here at the forums.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

i hate everything posted:

We have some great arters here at the forums.

Ya but it seems a lot of people are terrified of posting itt :ohdear:

I don't get it :shrug:

Again, thank you to those who have posted their arts

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

I've only ever painted a handful of times and I think it's better that I don't because some really weird poo poo starts to happen:

It hangs on my bathroom door, waiting, watching...

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Colonel Corazon posted:

I've only ever painted a handful of times and I think it's better that I don't because some really weird poo poo starts to happen:

on the inside or outside of the bathroom door?

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Quickscope420dad posted:

on the inside or outside of the bathroom door?

Inside.

SURPRISE!

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax

im a rocketmaaaaaaaaan

Ork of Fiction posted:

I am going to try and scrape this into a piece of burnt toast and post the result.

I need to know the results of this.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Most of the stuff I make are studies and figure drawings but I also make silly stuff like this for the internet

Also some of you should try posting in CC or DIY! They exist!
Please
it's so cold

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Love it

Colonel Corazon posted:

You should paint more. Yellow goat is beautiful and creepy.

Humboldt Squid posted:

Most of the stuff I make are studies and figure drawings but I also make silly stuff like this for the internet

Also some of you should try posting in CC or DIY! They exist!
Please
it's so cold

Your style is really cool. I read CC sometimes and really dig it but put this here in the hopes of casting a wider net and getting some people that don't usually post to show their arts. I agree CC has some very good threads.

I had no idea this thread would be stickied :stare:

Luvcow fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Nov 9, 2014

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

cool this reminds me of a picture i drew of spacedads avatar for the draw peoples avatars thread

0dB
Jan 3, 2009
A good thread. I would post but not a painter.

dreadspork
Jun 25, 2005

Perseverance does not equal worthiness. Next time you want to get my attention, wear something fun. Low-riding jeans are hot.
I can't really draw but I have been doing these doodles in classes (college, work training, etc). I find that doodling keeps my mind from wandering and allows me to focus better on what's being said, which is unfortunate because I'm sure to others it looks like I'm not paying any attention.

The cardboard backs of notebooks soaks up the wet ink quickly which avoids smearing.

i hate everything
Oct 15, 2010

dreadspork posted:

I can't really draw [/timg]

Lemme clue you in on somethin bub, you can draw.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

dreadspork posted:

I can't really draw but I have been doing these doodles in classes (college, work training, etc). I find that doodling keeps my mind from wandering and allows me to focus better on what's being said, which is unfortunate because I'm sure to others it looks like I'm not paying any attention.

The cardboard backs of notebooks soaks up the wet ink quickly which avoids smearing.

lol poo poo i couldnt do that

e: what i mean to say is its very nice bro

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

okay i finished my portrait of k-dog

Gihon
Jan 9, 2014

a hole-y ghost posted:

okay i finished my portrait of k-dog

Elon Musk?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Gihon posted:

Elon Musk?
whoa yeah lol that one got away from me a bit...

i think i made it look more like him but ill have to look at it again in the morning

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
..... phew. The creative processs.....so draining.... so fulfilling.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

You really captured the essence of pert butt cheeks very well

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

I'm afraid this freaking masterpiece can't be topped.

This is what I've been working on though:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Sharpest Crayon posted:

true

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Sharpest Crayon posted:

very deep imo

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
This went a bit....odd....

Well, Happy Birthday Carl Sagan!

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ohhh it has gone quiet. Well today was 45 years since Sesame Street first aired so here is Big Bird with a Movember tache.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

Did you paint it, tear it to bits and glue it together, and then paint it again? For some reason adding the mustache makes him look like that explore-y old fraggle.

I meant for these to be a sort of a "wisdom and philosophy lite" for kids, with a concrete visual example of ideas presented through magical cats having adventures. Also to work on my colouring and to try and get a hang of backgrounds. But really, I just wanted to draw silly kitties.

Sharpest Crayon fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Nov 11, 2014

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
I drew

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Rondette posted:

Well, Happy Birthday Carl Sagan!

These are really cool. I used to post daily schedules and historical birthdays etc. at one of my jobs. History and birthdate made really nice seasonal flavors.

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Did you paint it, tear it to bits and glue it together, and then paint it again? For some reason adding the mustache makes him look like that explore-y old fraggle.

I meant for these to be a sort of a "wisdom and philosophy lite" for kids, with a concrete visual example of ideas presented through magical cats having adventures. Also to work on my colouring and to try and get a hang of backgrounds. But really, I just wanted to draw silly kitties.

Very Beatrix Potter like.

I like

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Thanks! Yeah that one is all torn up paper then drawn on. I like to do it this way sometimes to add a bit of randomness, I absolutely love drawing accurately and doing this from time to time frees me up a bit :) love your kitties by the way!

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Here's something else I did a while ago. I'm going through my old journals and trying to see if there's anything this thread might like.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

You should defo draw more adventure time stuff. :colbert: I love the stark contrast in your greyscale work.

Rondette posted:

*snip* I absolutely love drawing accurately *snip*

A-HA! That explains the wonderful linework in your weddingstache picture.

southpaugh posted:

Here's something else I did a while ago. I'm going through my old journals and trying to see if there's anything this thread might like.

Oh dear, more hollow people with demons inside, this time the shell looking like your portrait.. dude, you weren't in a good headspace here huh?

Here's a kittyowl from a couple of weeks back. I tried to go without heavy outlines and rrrrrrrrgh noooo I love my lines!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I like this thread.

I have two 6foot by 7 foot canvases that need to be painted but I suck and am scared

At least they were free

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Here's a kittyowl from a couple of weeks back. I tried to go without heavy outlines and rrrrrrrrgh noooo I love my lines!

Really love your style. Reminds me of the Wind in the Willows and obviously Beatrix Potter. Purple in the background is really cool too.

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I like this thread.

I have two 6foot by 7 foot canvases that need to be painted but I suck and am scared

At least they were free

Just paint, maybe do a couple little ones like thumbnail sketches.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

Sharpest Crayon fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 12, 2014

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

I like this thread.

At least they were free

if you really think you suck, just accept that you suck and paint anyway, and end up pleasantly surprised with your results

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Nice

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Quickscope420dad posted:

if you really think you suck, just accept that you suck and paint anyway, and end up pleasantly surprised with your results

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

Sharpest Crayon posted:

You should defo draw more adventure time stuff. :colbert: I love the stark contrast in your greyscale work.

Thanks duder. That's very nice of you. I like the design and look of your cat-owl and feel it would benefit greatly from more definition. It seems a bit smudgy and/or lacking in contrast.

Here's a commission I just completed for a goon made rpg sort of game:

Technical pens, ink, ink wash, water based color, colored pencils.

(link to facebook thing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
n

• Locked thread