Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

The life of a techscrunt is a bizarre one full of weird technological rites often involving bodily functions. Of the several things he's learned he's currently taking a few to heart. First and foremost is not to get shot at. Secondly, don't hide behind a big tank of gas when the enemy is shooting at you with burning phosphorous rounds less it lights the tank on fire. Third being break the big gun about to shoot you should you get the chance.

Mung adds to the offensively bad smell released by Yurik by releasing his own battlefart and charging headlong at the turret to his north. His mind set on toppling the turret before it comes fully online.

----

Charge action to E1 so I can hide behind the computer console for cover and rather than attacking the turret, going to attempt to FEAT OF STRENGTH it with my 75 str unnatural strength 7 servo arm in an attempt to flip it it over or otherwise break the turret in a way that the guns are unable to aim and shoot at us. I'm running on the assumption that overriding controls on one of these guys is going to be some sort of opposed tech use check against the tech priest and as DJF has so kindly pointed out, I'm feeling kind of risk adverse due to his helldice hating me. Going for the safer bet in disabling the turret rather than taking control.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Oct 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
Grug It's only a flesh wound
Wounds: ouch
Fate: 2/2

Grug's feeling a bit hard done by, 'YEEEEeeeee, those dirty feckers 'ave mucked up my beautiful knees,' he mashes the firing stud once more as he makes a mental note to make friends with a Scrunt who can make some trousers, 'OOOOoooi YOU FECKERS MY KNEES WAS MY BEST BIT!'.

That said, at least he's got company now, 'Oh, hi there!'. He beams his best tiny toothed grin at what most Scrunts would agree was an inappropriate moment.

I'm assuming I can't see the sniper any more so I'm going RANGED VOLLEY, Aim then FULL AUTO on fire team 6 who I'm sure I can see pretty well. Need 70, rolling a tasty http://orokos.com/roll/442280: 1d100 23 so getting 4 hits total.
Damage, with the +4 from GET THEM!
http://orokos.com/roll/443642: 1d10+8 17
http://orokos.com/roll/443643: 1d10+8 13
http://orokos.com/roll/443644: 1d10+8 18
http://orokos.com/roll/443645: 1d10+8 11

the fart question fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Oct 8, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Keep in mind too guys, surpressive fire is probably going to help our odds if we can put people on the deck and from not firing at us.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk
The Hangover: Scrunt Edition
Malbrathia-3

"Watch me do somethin' amazin'." Drekk says to a captive audience of angry scrunts and soldiers who want the scrunts dead.

He points the Pyrophoric Vambrace at the barrels of the turrets and lets loose a blast of corrosive metals.

---

Gonna melt the turret barrels so they won't fire and/or explode in a magnificent manner.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

use your comrade orders you idiot hellfuckers. what's the point of Chuggo using Get Them if you don't

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Groin Sklunger
Scront

Groin continues to hold the smoking grenade aloft as he begins to hammer at the console with his robo-arm.

_________

Attempt to hack the console, both literally and figuratively.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

use your comrade orders you idiot hellfuckers. what's the point of Chuggo using Get Them if you don't

having just figured out what that means 😋, can I go back and change my aim to ranged volley?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

gender illusionist posted:

having just figured out what that means 😋, can I go back and change my aim to ranged volley?

Comrade orders work independently of your own actions. You can aim *and* ranged volley.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Murdelia
Wounds: 5/12
Fate Points: 2/2
Current Boltgun Clip: 15/24
Spare Boltgun Clips: gently caress if I remember
Current Autopistol Clip: 6/18

"FACKING CUT THIS THING CHUGGO YOU STUPID FACK FACK FACK AAHHHHHHH" Murdelia shouts as she's shooting and shooting and shooting.

Half action to aim, half action full auto, comrade action ranged volley, TN: 50 to hit lol.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Chuggo
Wounds: 12/12
Fate Points: 3/3

"YEA FINE SHADDUP! HEY, FACK YOU, Y' FOOKIN ROBBIT."

Trapping the servitor between him and his goo-boy, Chuggo swings his crud-choked chainsword at the servitor
(target: 45+20+10=75) Result, 38
It connects, dealing 19 damage! And oh my lord he loving did it again! doing 4 points of critical damage to the hapless robot, spilling slippery robo-blood all over the floor, just like with his robo-brother.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 11, 2016

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Grimply, GET IN

Wounds: 9

Gonna use a full move to get up the cover spot where Murdelia and Chuggo are bonding and I use Quick Draw to change my rifle for a Frag Grenade

"New' Scrunt Eye" Energy Sniper Rifle with Scope(Longlas - Best/ 150m / s/-/- / 1d10+3E / pen1 / clip 28(40) / full round reload / Accurate, Reliable, Felling (1))

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Grumb Slanger, stumbling for cover

"NOOO!" Grumb shouts, leaping from behind the rapidly deteriorating oil drum to defend his companion Grug. He slides into cover, snarling madly as he blasts a wave of withering heat at the nearest fire team.

Grumb was always bailing his friend out of sticky situations like this - why, this was just like the time Grug pulled the pin on Grumb's grenade in a desperate attempt to end his own life! Grumb couldn't remember the rest, but he's pretty sure Grug's kneecaps were blown clean off. It was a tired routine, to be sure, but Grumb wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

---------------------------
Moving north to leap behind the barrel at square 7e, taking a shot at fire team 6.

Bernie (Multimelta - Heavy / 60m / s/-/- / 2d10+16E / pen ~24~ / clip12 / rld Full / Melta, Blast1)

BS 50 + Standard Attack 10 + comrade volley 5 + short range 10 = TN 75.
Melta: 1d100 76 2d10+16 24 Looks like I barely miss, unless there are bonuses I am not counting. I counted my comrade volley already, but maybe I'm forgetting a chuggo bonus of some kind..?

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 13, 2016

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yurik Scraglagger
Fear And Loathing in Malbrathia-3
???
Fate Points 0/2
Wounds 0/12
Local Area Map

Yurik howled and thrashed feebly as multiple realities collapsed in upon themselves in a foul-smelling burst of empyreal byproducts, subsequently leaving him dangerously vulnerable to having his delicate and extremely valuable flesh perforated by shards of metal. Hot needles of pain both figuratively and literally shot through his body, a strangled, keening wail rising from the Loremaster's throat as attempts to move his wounded arm brought even more pain. Somehow he had wound up lying on his back though he couldn't recall how he'd gotten there, and he had a distinct suspicion that the sticky fluid he was lying in was in fact his own blood.

On the other hand, his hangover was no longer a pressing concern.

With his unwounded arm Yurik slapped at his chest until he found what he was looking for, mustering all his strength to yank the pin free from a smoke grenade stuffed haphazardly within the confines of his now even more disgusting robes. The grenade sputtered and coughed before slowly wreathing the area around him in thick, billowing clouds of smoke like the world's most lackluster suicide bombing, but hopefully it would serve to conceal his wounded and bleeding body sufficiently to prevent him from being shot further. A part of him had been entertaining the notion of simply making a mad dash for the lander and making a frantic escape on his own, leaving the rest of his erstwhile companions to die a horrible death if need be, but beyond the fact that he felt strangely reluctant to abandon Grimply (the rest of them, ehhhh) he was now too wounded to effect such a plan. Like it or not, the only way out now was to either kill or drive off everything and everyone between them and the sweet taste of freedom. Freedom, he decided, tasted decidedly unlike sitting in the midst of an active smoke grenade.

Scooting himself backwards against the nearest solid surface, gasping and whining all the way, Yurik frantically reached out with his mind. He was no longer concerned with the finer points of control and sadism, he only sought to grab hold of someone's, anyone's, thoughts and give them a short, sharp yank.

First things first, I'm unsure of what my wounds are currently at but I'm assuming if I've been taking crits then I'm at 0. Anyway moving on to actions, the first thing I'll do is half-action trigger a smoke grenade attached to my body. I leave it up to DJF if this is cheesy rules-lawyering munchkinism since I'm not actually DRAWING the grenade, simply popping the pin while it's on my person. I'll leave it up to him, if this takes two half actions then that will be all I do this round as I'd rather have the cover of smoke helping me to not die. If he accepts my terrible plan then I will follow up with a psychic power, in this case Hallucinate...can't Dominate because that's a full action, but good ol' Hallucinate is only a half action.

If I can Hallucinate someone I nominate the Tech-Priest because gently caress that guy. TN is 80, and I roll an 8 holy poo poo, so that's something like 8 DoS. The Tech-Priest gets an opposed Willpower roll (good luck, buddy) and if he fails then he gets to Hallucinate for the next two rounds. Hopefully that should remove him as a thread long enough for us to kill some other dudes. If the Tech-Priest isn't a valid target for psy powers like this due to his being a weird machine-man then I guess I'll target one of the squads or something?

Yurik is still prone because he didn't use any actions to get up. Being prone means melee attacks get +10 against him but ranged attacks are at -10, also the smoke adds a further -20...but his own Evasion tests are at -20. So all in all Yurik is -20 to dodge but anyone else is -30 to shoot at him so hopefully that balances out?

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 14, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Something to note for the wounded people is that you can spend a fate point to regain I believe 1d5 wounds. This is useful because it removes critical damage first (though any permanent maimings remain) which will help ease recovery times. IIRC there's also a toughness/defense talent that changes the fate point heal to 1d5 + toughness bonus

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

DeathSandwich posted:

Something to note for the wounded people is that you can spend a fate point to regain I believe 1d5 wounds. This is useful because it removes critical damage first (though any permanent maimings remain) which will help ease recovery times. IIRC there's also a toughness/defense talent that changes the fate point heal to 1d5 + toughness bonus

I'm out of fate points though :v: Spent one earlier, then spent the other on my last dodge roll. Otherwise yeah, I'd be tempted.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Not Even Accidental Cooperation
The Refinery
Malbrathia-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZf15xVrOW8

Groin scrabbles desperately at the console in front of him, crouching down behind the casing to afford as much cover as possible. Coupled with the smoking grenade clutched in his left fist, his doesn't provide a particularly stable platform from which to launch a cyberassault, but his independently-roving bionic limb nevertheless manages to find its way to the big red EMERGENCY SHUTOFF skull in the top right of the second set of menus. The western turrets power down with an audible hum.

Mung breaks cover, and waddles as fast as possible towards the eastern turrets. He slams into the side of them, sets his feet, and plunges his new servo-arm into the guts of the machine, questing around to find some way to do damage to them. Lingering traces of the curious cybervirus appear to be clinging to his informational form, and to Mung's amazement, the turrets accept him as their new owner.

This changes things.

Rather than attempting to destroy the turrets outright, Mung uproots them. Steel creaks and moans as it is tortured to breaking point, and with a thuddering crash the autoturrets are wrenched from the ground just as they come online. Tottering under the weight, and with vision completely obscured by the huge chunk of metal held before him, Mung swings round to face and flank the remaining enemies, trusting in the turret's optical feeds to show him what's going on. The capacitors won't have charge for more than one volley - better make it count.

Yurik, puddling blood, decides to get a little malicious revenge on the Techpriest who shredded him quite so effectively. Yanking the pin from a smoke grenade, the psyscrunt digs deep into his own memories and groggily - not touching it directly - packages a particularly unpleasant one from his time at what passed for a scrunt Scholum. He's a little unsure as to whether it ever actually happened or if it's some artefact of the infusion process that gave him such an encyclopaedic knowledge of, well, everything, but for these purposes it doesn't really matter. Spitting venom, and a little bit of teeth, Yurik jabs this payload into the Techpriest's warp presence and, figuratively speaking, lights the blue touchpaper. The machine-man abruptly halts and begins screaming. For the next few seconds he will be locked in vivid memorance of being teabagged and wedgied by gangs of jock scruntlings.

The remaining troopers seem to be cracking under the stress slightly. Teams three and four, staring down the barrels of an incredibly large laser turret, lose all discipline and pour a withering hail of fire into Mung. Bullets whistle and whine but almost all of them spackle off the steel hull of the turret held aloft by his terrifying steel claw. Four rounds manage to richochet round to strike the technoscrunt in the legs, but almost all of their energy is spent - Mung barely feels the first three, and barely cares about the last one.

Team Six scurry around the side of the fuel tank behind which they were lurking, attempting to put some metal between them and the cluster of scrunts to the northwest. They fire off a pair of single shots at Grumb, reasoning that as his weapon pretty much ignores cover, it'd be wise to get him out of the picture as quickly as possible - unfortunately, the hulking gunscrunt makes good use of cover, and neither of the two rounds bother him all that much.

The remaining member of team five breaks cover and sprints towards the Aquila, grabbing fire suppression tools as he goes. That's his ticket out of there that's going up in smoke!

Grug unloads with his rifle, flanking the members of team six. One of them is slain by coruscating energy blasts; the other is gravely wounded.

Chuggo slashes the servitor before him, taking its legs off at the knees before finishing it off with a stamp to the neck. He leers at Murdelia in what he judges to be a friendly fashion, as if to invite her to "get a load of this".

Murdelia, for her part, finds herself with no melee combatant before her anymore. Not wanting to waste a perfectly good pistol clip, she instead empties it in the general direction of the remaining member of fireteam 6, who is conveniently presenting his back to her. Unfortunately, her shots go wide.

The Adeptus Mechanicus representative is currently on iteration sixteen of the constant loop of Scrunt Scrotum Encounters, thoughtfully placed in his mind by Yurik, and takes no part in the combat for now.

The remaining sniper catches a glimpse of a hideous great glans of a creature cutting down the melee servitor, and, realising he now has a clear shot, takes it. The pain from his previous wound throws the shot off, however. Chuggo remains unscathed.

Drekk, not quite realising that Groin has disabled the western turrets, jets great gouts of corrosive metal at the big block of metal behind which he and Grug are sheltering. The turret barrels melt and corrode under the pyrophoric flow, but unfortunately the rest of the turret begins to smoulder as well. If the scrunts are up close to this thing once it explodes, there probably won't be much left of them.

Grumb scampers northwards; he can't snap off a shot as he goes, it's way too dangerous to go firing blindly around the scrunts' only way out of this refinery.

Grimply slithers his way towards the Scrunt Scrum taking place near the fallen servitor. He seeks safety in numbers.

The remaining Ogryn, guilt-ridden, tries to atone for its previous bad behaviour by protecting its little friends. Seeing Mung pointing a great big gun at them, and seeing them blasting away with very little effect, the monstrous abhuman takes things into his own hands and charges, weeping, towards the technoscrunt. He won't get there in time to actually attempt to wrest the turret away from Mung, but he will provide cover in the only way he knows how.

The Aquila, blazing barrel, and blazing turret all fail to explode. For now.

---

scrunt

groin's trying to hack a console he can't actually see all that well with only one hand, so instead of a +10 tech-use test it's a -10 one. i'm a bit alarmed by orokos ever since my experience rolling 6 100's on a 6d100, and i think groin's initial hack roll of 100 was a similar slow-internet issue. the reroll is a success of 16, meaning western turret is turned off. spend a fate point or don't. whatever seems fair.

mung charges the turrets; shutting them down isn't actually opposed vs the techpriest. in any event the helldice have reversed their trend and Mung gets 5 DoS on his strength Athletics test. what this means is that he has a lifting weight of 900kg this round - servo arm strength 7 + mung toughness of 3 + 5DoS means an effective SB TB sum of 15.

so damaging the turrets is boring; with this much lifting strength he can carry the loving things. as part of this action i'm including a comradely Field Repair to subvert them (on the grounds that the console's the normal +10 way in but going straight to the turret can work at a bigger penalty), and whaddaya know, it's also a success

:siren: next round, mung gets the benefits of wielding a twin-linked autocannon that does Energy damage, counts as having Suspensors (i.e. auto-braced) and cannot fire single-shots. hefting the turret in front of him provides 12AP to all except the legs. try not to hit the aquila with this. the turrets run out of charge after the next round and you can't move and carry 'em.

yurik pops smoke and makes visions happen. really you shouldn't be doing both in one round but w/e. tech-priest is stunned. to say the least.

teams do various things
  • teams three and four aim/shoot Mung - TN of BS + 10 (range) - 10 (full auto) + 10 (aim) = TN + 10. total DoS (42, 11, 6, 44) of 11 rounded to 16 hits. all but 4 are soaked by the turret; i'm gonna say you can still dodge even though you're carrying close to a tonne, to represent angling the turret to deflect bullets. also because you never explicitly asked to pick this thing up
  • dodge roll is a failure anyway, but the damage is laughable. 2 damage total.
  • team six half-move, then single-shot Grumb - TN BS + 10 (range) + 10 (SS) = TN BS + 20, and they both hit. both shots autosoak.

grug kills, wounds

chuggo kills a servitor, which fails to dodge thanks to being OBSESSED WITH ITS SEXUALITY

murdelia didn't give me an alt action despite chuggo pretty clearly killing the servitor by righteous furying it, so she shoots team 6. she misses

admech is stunned

sniper shoots chuggo - TN BS + 10 (range) + 10 (aim) = TN BS + 20. he misses.

drekk flames the turret, uselessly. it catches fire and will explode eventually as per vehicle rules.

grumb can't move eight metres as a half action. how agile do you think you are? movement happens, no firing.

grimply moves

ogryn is basically Get Down, Mr Presidenting the turret via a Run move. you can shoot past him but it's -20. he is Point Blank

finish this!!! they're weak!!!!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Any chance I could convince you to let Murdelia SUPPRESSING FIRE them with her last few rounds.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

no because you'll also suppress three scrunts, one of which moves after you, and it's too much hassle to roll back the round

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk
Malbrathia-3
Wounds: 12
Fate Points: 1/2

"FACK ME!"

Drekk hauls his scrunty rear end away from the horrible mess he has created (feel free to interpret that in more ways than one).

---

Getting as far away as possible from the turrets, preferably to somewhere with cover.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
Grug It's only a flesh wound
Wounds: ouch
Fate: 1/2

Drekk's bathes their perfectly good, robust hiding place in a jet of flame, Grug screeches, 'you silly fecker. You BLOODY SILLY FECKER.'
It's time to go again, but before that Grug offers a prayer to the Scruntfather, 'o great scrunty one, thank you for sending me my best pal Grumb, who I can always depend on, and FECK YOU FOR SENDING ME THIS GREAT EEEEEJUT.'

He legs it.

Grug has a beef with Drekk
spending a fate for some hp http://orokos.com/roll/446562: 1d5 4
then sprinting off to hide somewhere else; k13 looks like it's out of sight of everyone

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung
Wounds 10/12

All things considered the techscrunt was in a surprisingly good mood despite being a bullet magnet. His adrenaline was pumping, there were fires blazing all around him, the pungent aroma of scrunty warp juice was in the air and reminded him strangely of home. Most importantly for the moment though, was that he was wearing a one tonne lascannon turret as a hat. He cackles in maniacal glee at the situation and sets his eyes on the closest thing stomping it's way over to him. Reaching up into his new turret toy, he grabs a handful of wires from the capacatative banks and shorts them across what he was guessing to be the triggering mechanism, causing a sizzle and smoke as the wires spot weld themselves in place - discharging the leftover power and sending the turret's guns into action on whatever the fakk it was coming up to him. Still feeling mouthy, he shouts the first thing that comes to his mind, "MOLTENNNN COOOOORRREEEE!!" He wasn't sure what it meant, but it felt good to shout it.

----

GUNHAT = PARTYTIME.

So what I'm going to do is shoot to kill the Ogryn first until he's dead as gently caress, then send any extra successful hits downrange if at all possible. Assuming this is a ballistic skill check using range as the furthest target (i.e. specifically not point blank vs the Ogryn, just short range), +10 range, +10 half action aim, +20 Twin Linked puts my target at 83.

http://orokos.com/roll/446844 I roll a 9, for 8 degrees of success. 3 hits +1 for Twin Linked. Murder that ogryn and if I'm able to send any extra hits to whatever fireteam is closest to being immediately behind the ogryn.

After that, I'm going to do a free action to lean the turret down, assume I'm just putting the nose in the dirt so I'm not hefting the whole weight of my new hat and also to try and block incoming fire. If you want to warrant this taking a half action to do then cut my aim action off of the above attack and put me at 7 degrees of success, which is still 4 hits.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Oct 18, 2016

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Murdelia

Murdelia quickly reloads her autopistol, never knowing when she'll need it again, before holstering it, getting her boltgun and surveying the field, looking for something to shoot.

I don't think after doing that I can actually shoot this turn so ya. If I can then just shoot the bolter at something.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

CHUGGO
Fate: 3/3

Chuggo charges towards the soldiers behind the sandbag, screaming "SHOOT TH' 'UMANS WHILE I'M RUNNIN AT 'EM!'", effectively issuing a "Covering Fire" order.
And succeeds, thanks to his skill at commanding a bunch of idiots to do things. Everyone's comrades will now satisfactorily provide +10 to dodge.

As his sticky friend shoots, Chuggo scampers as fast as he can towards Squad 4, scruntiy clambering over sandbags like some kind of feculent spider, and leaps at the soldiers in a Brutal Charge. It connects with his torso, inflicting 14 damage, and while Righteous, it did not cause any especially special side-effects. At least until the sword's mysterious toxins enter his bloodstream....

-------------------------------------------------------------------
http://orokos.com/roll/448878: Command+20 Sweeping Order: 42 target 57.
http://orokos.com/roll/448883: To hit: 42, target 75
http://orokos.com/roll/448885: Damage: 9+2+3=14
http://orokos.com/roll/448890: Righteous Fury: 1. Critical 1 for rending to torso actually does nothing if their torso is armored. Otherwise it does 1 level of fatigue.

DJT can you please test this guy's Toughness -10 to see if he hallucinates?

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Oct 24, 2016

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Grimply, Pineapple Party Time!!

Wounds: 9

I wanna use a half action to move along the right side of our cover piece as far as I can go and then lob my nade into the sandbag position. Preferably at team 4 if they're still around. If there somehow are no good targets left standing then I'll just move towards the flier while using cover as best as I can.

26 vs 45 without any of the penalties I'll probably get

"New' Scrunt Eye" Energy Sniper Rifle with Scope(Longlas - Best/ 150m / s/-/- / 1d10+3E / pen1 / clip 28(40) / full round reload / Accurate, Reliable, Felling (1))

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Grumb Slanger, the melt zone

Grumb, growing increasingly suspicious he might be invulnerable, laughs triumphantly as he pops up from behind cover. Seizing his moment of opportunity, he takes aim at the writhing, gibbering admech and sends it to the realm of ash and goop.

---------------------------
Aim and Fire at adeptus - 28m - melta rule active
Bernie (Multimelta - Heavy / 60m / s/-/- / 2d10+16E / pen ~24~ / clip12 / rld Full / Melta, Blast1)
BS 50 + Standard Attack 10 + Aim 10 + + short range 10 + virtual comrade volley 5 = TN 85.
Melta: 1d100 72 to hit
2d10+16 29 Energy Damage

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yurik Scraglagger
???
Fate Points 0/2
Wounds 0/12
Local Area Map

Yurik attempted a triumphant cackle but it came out as more of a strained series of wheezing sounds as he slowly dragged himself upright, bloody smears left in his wake along the ground. He could sense that someone was experiencing an extreme bout of mental distress...good. The satisfaction of inflicting unspeakable horrors upon someone's vulnerable mind wasn't in and of itself enough to patch the various holes in his body currently leaking blood and other unpleasant substances in distressing if uncritical amounts, but it was a fine start.

Murmuring and muttering to himself, the Loremaster slumped against the wall as he let his mind drift across the battlefield. There, another set of thoughts jangling through the aether...it was simplicity itself to grab hold of them, but they slipped through his mental grasp with infuriating slipperiness as he went to tug at them. Perhaps this mind was more strong-willed than the last one he'd snared, or perhaps it was merely the blood loss beginning to catch up with him. Either way he sincerely hoped that this fight would be over soon...a nap was starting to sound more and more appealing by the moment.

Half action to stand up, half action to use Hallucinate against...let's go with squad 4, TN of 80 as per usual, and this time I get a 70 which is a measly 2 DoS. Opposed Willpower roll to overcome, otherwise they get to bug the gently caress out for the next couple of rounds or until they die horribly, whichever comes first.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

So Hot In Here
The Refinery
Malbrathia-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJNjDoU-DOs

The flames rise to a crescendo as the scrunt squad sweep in for the kill. Well, eventually - Groin, having achieved something vaguely useful, crouches behind the console and rummages disconsolately in his trousers. He wants the kudos of hanging out with the other scrunts, but seems unwilling to actually put in the effort. And that's why he'll never be Boss Scrunt.

The juiced-up laser turret discharges its capacitors at point-blank all over the defiant Ogryn; the first shot slams straight through his shield, throwing it back and exposing his torso for the second barrel. The damage is atrocious; Mung is cheered by the fact that he can see right through the tottering giant, and so aims the rest of his volley through the gap at fireteam 3. Flanked as they are, the troopers have no chance, and they are thrown backwards into broken, smoking heaps as anti-tank calibre energy bolts shred through their armour.

As the Ogryn ignites and collapses to his knees, though, his ripper ammunition cooks off - a hailstorm of fire and shot envelop the area surrounding him, shredding his charcoaled flesh and threatening Mung with some revenge from beyond the grave. Cackling, the scrunt simply lowers his spent turret and takes cover behind it, unharmed.

Yurik, embittered by seeing another member of the squad succeed, pours his frustration into a psychic bolt against an armsman from fireteam 4. The man howls and begins attacking his colleague with the butt of his rifle.

The remaining member of team five valiantly attempts to fight the blaze engulfing the Aquila, as team four fight it out amongst themselves. The remaining, wounded armsman from team six loses his bottle and sprints off to the south, diving into cover in the vehicle bay to the south west.

Grug, too, loses his bottle, sprinting out of cover away from the smouldering turret towards the much more safe embrace of a large set of fuel tanks.

Chuggo, eager to prove to the scrunts that he can make people hallucinate with the best of them, blithely impales the sober member of Fireteam 4 with his chainsword as the man's back is turned. He stiffens and convulses - the Emperor alone knows what he seems before he dies.

Murdelia busies herself with reloading her scrunt pistol.

The remaining Sniper is really pretty alarmed at all the anti-tank weapons being bandied around, and resolves to reduce the number of them on the field. Carefully aiming and sighting, he completely fucks up his flanking shot against a stationary scrunt, sending a blast of energy sailing well over Grumb's head - not even close enough to trigger his refractor field. The sniper considers a change in career.

Drekk, unwilling to do anything actually useful this round despite being one of the few totally unscathed scrunts, follows his new friend Grug into cover behind the fuel tanks.

Grumb, with hilarious disregard for the dangers in firing microwave-based anti-armour cannons around a fragile vehicle needed desperately for the squad's escape, proves that confidence is the main thing - with surgical precision he vaporises the Mechanicus. Both of the man's legs melt and run, and he expires over a couple of agonising seconds - this is actually a mercy, given the memory implanted into him by Yurik.

Grimply considers moving forwards, but then has reservations about creeping closer to flaming fuel barrels. Instead, spying a human attempting to flank him (or desperately trying to get away, one of the two), he drops the remaining trooper from team 6 with a single devastating shot.

It's pretty much a rout on the part of the drop-pad defenders; the scrunts, although taking some pretty nasty knocks, have managed to put them to rout in fairly short order. That said, there's a lot of flaming fuel kicking around here, and the las-turrets at the perimeter are sure to overload in a minute or two. When that happens, the already beleaguered scrunt squad will be swamped in wave after wave of Severan troopers, and are sure to be dragged down by weight of numbers.

Perhaps it's time to get the gently caress out of here.

---
scrunt

groin doesn't do anything, thanks to moola's many personal failings. he could have charged the sniper. he could have been a contender.

mung blasts away. the ogryn absorbs one shot, gets completely gutted by the second (i think it's like Crit 25+), and the third and fourth take out the armsmen of team 3 as they do not dodge.

the energy crit 10 bodyshot means the ogryn explodes; he does two damage to mung's leg, which he dodges

yurik halucs squad 4, and the guy he targets fails real bad. he is overtaken by a frenzy.

troopers faff around

grug moves

chuggo righteous-furies a mook who dies on righteous fury. he is in melee with the other guy.

murdelia reloads. autopistol is a full-round reload and i ain't seeing Rapid Reload on the sheet, so that's about it this round. boltgun remains holstered, as i ain't seeing Quickdraw either.

sniper can't shoot for poo poo

drekk runs

grumb kills off the admech guy, vaporising him

grimply doesn't read anyone elses' planned actions. there's nothing he can do with that grenade that makes sense, there's no point creeping towards flaming barrels, so just shoot the guy in team 6 and be done with it

:siren: combat over. poo poo's on fire, yo.

pile into the aquila, do what you want to the remaining dudes - narratively kill 'em, chase 'em off, or capture them. you've got two minutes before pre-flight checks are finished so that's enough time to reload, do first aid, and poke around. after which you are so outta here

if you ain't got anything to do, put the drat flames out on the aquila. someone needs to do it.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Murdelia

Murdelia starts with treating her own wounds and then goes around fixing everyone else.

TN 100 heals 6+1 additional wound per DoS

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Chuggo
Fate points: 3/3

Chuggo finishes off the final trooper with his sawn-off shotgun. Then, sensing the Valkyrie's important despite arriving in the midst of the battle to claim it, he clambers on top of it, attempting to stomp out out the flames with his fancy rubber DOOM boots, hoping juices he is suffused with aren't too flammable.

Chuggo tests agility to see if he can help put it out

http://orokos.com/roll/450775: Target 40. Result 50. He cannot. Unless there was some sort of modifier, or it's cinematic.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Oct 31, 2016

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk
Malbrathia-3

"Well that was quite the pickle we were in" Drekk said to Grug. as he let out a nervous laugh as Grug gave him a dirty scowl.

With combat over, Drekk decides to make himself useful and help put out the blazing Aquila in the only way he can: Pissing on it. Drekk unzips his pants and proceeds to relieve himself, pointing the stream of gross scrunty urine on the flames.

---

Putting out the fire!

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 30, 2016

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
Grug
Wounds: hurt +4

'Drekk ya eejut, why do ya keep following me and Grumb everywhere, mucking stuff up with ya dayyyum fool ideas, like when ya... ' Grug tells a story of him trying to steal some rotting garbage from a pool full of mutated cybernetic crocodiles, except it's Drekk's idea and Grumb is there too, '...or your Scruntfather cursed bad luck... ' this time they're fending off the amorous advances of a Goliath ganger going through a particularly intense Skulfuk trip. Grug's whole history is rewritten, and as far as he's concerned the three of them have been together for his entire life, Drekk causing every misfortune to befall the gang.

Medic! I'd like my knees to be patched up but failing that I'll help put out the fire. Phone posting is effort.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Chuggo thinks back to the recent past. To a vague time filled with pain and floatiness and dim green light emanating from the goo all around him. Moving in directions he could not tell or care about as he was flushed through the byzantine pipes and slurry drains. He remembers a catwalk slightly above him at one point, and a mounted plaque reading "IN CASE OF FIRE: STOP, DROP, AND ROLL." He could barely comprehend the words then, his eyes stinging from sludge, and his brain and mind deforming and reforming.

But now it was clear.

Chuggo drops down and rolls on the top of the valkyrie to smother the flames with his body. He rolls over and over again until he finally succeeds. Narratively.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung
Wounds 10/12

Mung, satisfied that he's done a job well done today, flops the now inert turret husk aside, shaking the ground with a dull thud as its mass lands upside down. He circles around the Valkyrie to see a handful of scrunts peeing and rolling around in the various plane fires to put them out. Satisfied that his help wasn't needed there he shouts "Oi you lads are doin good up there, I can't pee that fire out since I drink so much fuel I actually would make it worse. I'ma get this poo poo fired up." He climbs up the crew ladder of the valk and slides the bay door open only to lock eyes with the last member of fire team 5 who at some point during the scuffle apparently shuffled away from the combat and currently held a red fire extinguisher in his hands, no doubt he thought to extinguish the craft and escape before the scrunts caught on. The techpriest, who at this point was still trying to board lashed out with his servo arm instead of flailing at the enemy with his fists. The clumsy swing of the metal arm missed the man but slapped the fire extinguisher out of his hand.

The man goes to pull his rifle, which Mung snaps into the vice jaws of his servo arm seconds before crushing it beyond recognition and chucking it over his shoulder. Mung struggles into the ship as the dumbfounded guard fumbles for any sort of sidearm and the techpriest collides bodily into the man, bouncing him off the other side of the Valk and stunning him long enough for Mung to reach past him with the servo arm, put the vice clamp down on his belt loop, and lifting the man up a meter off the ground by his underwear and the armored plates of his leggings. The fight is taken out of the man in an instant as Mung looks up at the man suspended over his head. "I promised yer tekkboy out there the wedgie of his life but he went an' got himself vaporized, so you done 'inherited it." He chuckles to himself as he throws his weapons into a stow compartment out of reach of his still dangling new prisoner and sits down in the pilot's seat of the chimera. He grabs the pair of wires out of the portion of his face that use to be his nose and hooks it into the Valkyrie's console, sending a techsmell command to start the initiation sequences for the craft. The man, still dangling a meter off the ground by the servo arm that's now flexed backwards over the pilot's seat begins to squirm and kick in protest at the uncomfortable position he's in. Mung gives his servo arm (and by extension the man suspended from it by his pants a good shake and yells out "You fakkin stop movin back there or I'll rip ye in half from the butthole upward, ya catch me?"

------

Taking that soldier 5 that was trying to put out the fire as a prisoner. In addition I'll be staring the plane's launch procedure to get us the gently caress outta here.

I'm trying to remember, didn't that Inquisitor's lockbox we had require three different species blood to open? Does Yurik still have that? Would Ogryn blood be 'unique' enough to count toward the requirement given that it already has scrunt and human blood samples?

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 31, 2016

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yurik Scraglagger
???
Fate Points 0/2
Wounds 0/12
Local Area Map

Finally, at long last, the shooting and shouting stopped, Most of it anyway...there was always some lingering noise after a pitched battle, a few stray celebratory gunshots and the occasional anguished scream of the dying, but for the first time since Yurik had awoken glued to a table by a puddle of his own drool it was blessedly quiet.

Quiet and painful. Now that the adrenaline brought about by being so close to death was ebbing, the pain that it had been keeping at bay was becoming quite prominent...the strange weapon that he had been shot with, not a lasweapon as evidenced by the lack of burnt flesh, had left Yurik with a few more holes in his body than normal, and while none of them were troublingly large they were larger than he cared for them to be, i.e. any size at all. Fortunately the one positive quality that the Loremaster possessed, if one could call it that, was an abundance of willpower. Commanding the strange and fickle powers of the Warp required a mind made of sterner stuff than the usual scrunt possessed, and so while Yurik would have been perfectly happy to curl up in a filthy ball on the ground and whine for medical attention he shuffled slowly out of the dissipating smoke, trudging across the now silent battlefield with the aid of his thinkin' stick clutched in one trembling white-knuckled hand. There would be time for first aid later...right now there was a matter that required his personal attention.

It took him several long minutes to find what he was looking for, grimacing and grunting as he stepped over corpses and shuffled around debris. There on the ground lay a humie tech-priest, who judging by the weapon affixed to his body and angle relative to the position Yurik had taken earlier was the one responsible for shooting him. He could sense the lingering mental echoes of the tech-priest's last moments before death, a medley of confusion and fear and disgust. That was good, but for for the affront of nearly killing him he deserved even worse...an example needed to be made, and only the most heinous of indignities he knew of was suitable for such a task.

And so it was that he ambled over to the dead man's head...

"Nnnf..."

...and with great deliberation...

"Argh..."

...began to slowly and methodically teabag him.

"Sssss..."

It took me a week to feel good enough to write a post about a mortally wounded scrunt teabagging a corpse, you're welcome. Being sick sucks.

Oh, and while everyone else is accomplishing something useful once Yurik finishes his grisly post-battle rituals I would like to see about stealing this hyper-railgun-needlecannon thing. I'm well aware this may involve some impromptu cybersurgery, it's all right, I have a knife somewhere. Also I would like some first aid, please.

Also yes, I have the Inquisitorial plotbox. Let's smear it in everyone's blood.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

A Marked Lack Of Urgency
The Refinery
Malbrathia-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9fadMF8yWU

With no foes directly in view, the scrunts fall back on default behaviour patterns - loving around aimlessly and bleeding to death. Murdelia, at least, exhibits some degree of self-preservation, stitching up her wounds and cleaning off the worst of the blood, dust and Chuggo-slime covering her fatigues. It's a little trickier to stitch up Yurik because he won't hold still, but she manages to get into the same bobbing rhythm as the psyscrunt as he drags his scraggly unmentionables across the unmoving facial grille of the dead Mechanicus, wincing as hairs get caught in the vents.

Once he's finished he topples over backwards, exhausted, into a puddle of Ogryn blood. He lands heavily on the Inquisitorial box, bruising his side, and smearing blood all over the xeno-scanning apertures. Curiously, the box won't accept the abhuman Ogryn as a suitable candidate, classing it as too close to the already-scanned human genome - but it took scrunt blood. Interesting...

Grug waddles over, limping heavily, and makes plaintive puppydog eyes. Even to another scrunt this is disturbing, so the medic sews Grug's kneecaps back on just about as quickly as she can manage.

Other scrunts tend to the Aquila - Drekk and Chuggo dowse the flames in their own unique way, streams of reeking fluid and splashes of green scruntslime smothering the flames. The fires die down mostly out of acute dismay rather than lack of oxygen; the Aquila remains fire-damaged, but has been thoroughly drenched and scrunt-marked. Mung's prisoner moans in distress, partly because he's captured by what he believes to be Nurglings, and partly because he's aware that if he's taken prisoner he's going to be bundled into that piss-drenched flier.

Mung, gently drizzled-on, seats himself in the pilot's seat and interfaces with the flier. It is but the work of a moment to acclimatise the machine spirits to a scrunty payload, which he does by tricking the device into thinking it's running missions on a swamp planet that primarily exports rotten oranges and warm cheese. To his slight dismay, the pre-flight checks are automated, already well underway, and the Aquila is set to take off in around sixty second's time. There's a course already auto-plotted - the Aquila maps appear to be considerably more detailed than those swiped from the Severan forces all those... days ago, and the Technoscrunt notices with satisfaction that the planned vector avoids both Severan flight paths and any anti-aircraft emplacements.

The satisfaction fades somewhat as he realises that the reason for this is that the course is plotted straight up. Vertically. Into orbit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Sudden Need For Urgency
The Refinery
Malbrathia-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjVUlz0HCFI

Three clamours begin almost simultaneously. The first is Mung desperately trying to ascertain whether the flier is void-capable - thankfully, it is. The second is from Chuggo and Drekk - they've stopped their pissy antics, have boarded the flier proper, and, poking around in the cargo hold, have discovered a whole load of weird-looking missile parts along with a huge crate of assorted miscellanea. While they may not be the sharpest wheels in the bouquet, the scrunts are savvy enough to recognise advanced technology when they see it. This must have been aimed at paying off the refinery owners in exchange for the rocket plating - and unloading was interrupted by a devilishly handsome and roguish bundle of scrunts.

The third clamour comes in the form of a limousine. Skidding and screeching on two wheels, dodging volleys of laser fire and mowing down the odd screaming, flaming guardsman, the limo wends its way in from the east, spilling tumbling scrunts behind it like a foul oil slick before unceremoniously crashing into first the intact, and then the flaming fuel tank. A raging inferno erupts, but by breaching the tank the limo has helpfully avoided the devastating explosion that a pent-up fuel-ignition scenario would have prompted.

"WE FOUGHT WE'D LOSTYA!"

The limo may be totalled, but the scrunty comrades of the squad are unharmed, if a little muddy. Chittering swarms of tool-rats hustle into the Aquila's pilot compartment to join their owner; ragged croaks, pink mohawks and large noses are in evidence as the other comrades dodge flaming wreckage and disperse to find the scrunt what tells them what to do.

Currently, that probably involves boarding before the firestorm spreads. A destination can wait.

---

scrunt

murdelia has forgotten the comrade bonus for "skilled assistant", which is probably fair enough as your comrades are - initially - only here ~in spirit~

TN for first-aid medicae tests is 110 minus 10 for each point of critical damage you have. so far only murdelia, grug and yurik are healed. :siren: murdelia's given carte blanche for healing so sort your own poo poo out

9DoS for Murdelia - full health!. 4DoS for Yurik - 2 Crit damage healed and 8 normal damage recovered. 6DoS for Grug - 4 crit damage healed, 8 normal damage healed.

aquila is -10 to operate due to fire but thankfully it's a good quality aquila which gives +10, aka i will almost certainly forget about the fire penalty in the coming months.

:siren: your comrades are back along with consumable refills (grenades etc)

:siren: the aquila contains loot. this equates to one item per scrunt. no limits. find me Only War rules for it and it's yours, installed and attached, regardless of rarity.

no, not terminator armour.

box also contains vials of eldar blood, suitable for accessing the =I= box.

:siren: sound off, get your character sheet updated, and pick your item and get in the aquila by November 20th or I kill your scrunt.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Murdelia

After Murdelia finishes patching up all the scrunts who say they need it, she heads into the Aquila Lander and finds a black suit of heavy duty armor. She tries it on for size and it seems to work alright ya. "FECK YEAH POWER ARMOUR!"

gently caress yeah power armour, shield of humanity pg 130

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Chuggo
Fate points: 3/3

Chuggo roots through the boxes in the plane's cargo hold, looking for something useful. He pauses at a brick-sized metal thing with bits and bobs and dials on it. He hits it on the wall. He suddenly slams against the far wall of the ship. Curious, he stuffs the box down his pants.

----------
Chuggo gets a Best Craftsmanship Displacer Field, which has a protection rating of 55, will only overload on a roll of 01, and upon absorbing a hit will, the user scatters 3d10 meters from starting point. If all three dice come up the same value, gain 1 Corruption point and return 1d5 rounds later. If surprised, the player may not act the round they return.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Nov 13, 2016

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

one item. OOC text in italics, please

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

edit whoops wrong thread

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Nov 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
Grug
Wounds: 12

After having his knees wrapped in heavy black duct tape, Grug clambers into the Aquila, poking at stuff that looks like it might do something and licking everything he comes across that protrudes even slightly. A compartment opens with a hiss and puff of steam revealing a gleaming weapon. Grug takes it out and holds down one of the buttons and a low hum quickly builds into a high whistle while various windows begin to glow intense blue/white. He smiles his wide tiny toothed grin and passes it to Twonk, 'save this for later'.

I couldn't really decide what to go for but I've plasma aptitude just sitting there doing nothing, so that. A Best Quality Plasma Gun (basically doesn't overheat) pls.

• Locked thread