Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
We're like the only nation on earth where people purposely avoid eye contact with each other. It really weirds foreigners out actually lmao. It gives me major Autism feels.

Also there are other things that make us seem autistic, such as the rest of our history and culture.

Autism Pride!!! God Bless The USA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Autism is a kind of mental retardation.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

BigBoss posted:

Autism is a kind of mental retardation.

I know.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
lol if you don't believe the majority of the people living in the united states are retarded.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
it's the next step in human evolution okay

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
inability to maintain eye-contact is actually a symptom linked directly to constant masturbation and/or low self-esteem

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
i'm a constantly masturbating retard with self-esteem issues. it's real. i'm a real american.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i thought americans were known for being more prone to talk to strangers and europe, scandinavia specifically, was where the 'tism bloomed

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
my new supervisor i've met twice and neither time he would look at me in the eye, he would like look up and to the right the entire time. literally the entire time. the first time was me and a few other people so i thought maybe he was nervous in a group but the second time it was just me and him and he did the same thing. also he was playing with his fly while he talked to me. lmao

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz7_3n7xyDg

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
No one in Portland will make eye contact with you unless you literally corner them and boy will they resent it

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
it's literally impossible to make friends with anyone in portland. people will give you their phone number immediately so you'll stop talking to them

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3RBxompVZ8

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Amateur Saboteur posted:

inability to maintain eye-contact is actually a symptom linked directly to constant masturbation and/or low self-esteem

it's all becoming so clear

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I have so many phone numbers from drunken Saudis. If I called them all now it'd be an international incident :haw:

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014
look here, real americans got the 'tism boy :clint:

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
Pretty much the entirety of Scandinavia avoids eye contact too.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Tsinava posted:

it's literally impossible to make friends with anyone in portland. people will give you their phone number immediately so you'll stop talking to them

how does giving out your number make people stop talking to you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrqJFHGVS10

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

2014; The year I whored myself out for title changes.

Yo, I don't care what y'all do,how y'all do or where y'all do it, just keep it gangsta and never pay for an av change, have someone else do it- Ya boy Pixie

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Oh poo poo is this true. Cause I'm like both this things. And I have trouble with eye contact:c

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

Yo, I don't care what y'all do,how y'all do or where y'all do it, just keep it gangsta and never pay for an av change, have someone else do it- Ya boy Pixie

TheRatboyGenius posted:

Oh poo poo is this true. Cause I'm like both those things. And I have trouble with eye contact:c

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
It's true

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
The Autest Generation

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3hy11bgVRk

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Stranger danger leads to tism jism

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
umm actually the stereotype is that americans are louder and more communicative

the joke is that british people will just stare at their shoes instead of each other

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
You can be loud and communicative while also being utterly socially retarded. See: my post history

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
I love eye contact, especially when it provokes mentally unstable homeless people into attacking me.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
One day you people are going to come to the conclusion that demanding strangers make eye contact with you is a sign of autism not visa versa and your fragile little worlds we be shattered.

There was this one kid I went to high school with that was the most outgoing person I have ever met. He chatted with everyone, was super friendly, remembered people's names, remembered birthdays, and remebered other little things about people. He was also extremely autistic.

The difference between him and you people, is that I am pretty sure he knew he was a little screwy. You people don't seem to have that level of self awareness.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Tsinava posted:

We're like the only nation on earth where people purposely avoid eye contact with each other. It really weirds foreigners out actually lmao. It gives me major Autism feels.

Also there are other things that make us seem autistic, such as the rest of our history and culture.

Autism Pride!!! God Bless The USA!

OP has never been to Belgium.

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014
If America is a country of God-fearing, freedom loving autists then I say we redefine the word "retard" to mean anyone who isn't autistic.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
Try going to Finland

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Apthous posted:

One day you people are going to come to the conclusion that demanding strangers make eye contact with you is a sign of autism not visa versa and your fragile little worlds we be shattered.

In the natural world animals treat making eye contact the same as making an aggressive threat so I don't know why the gently caress humans outright demand it

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I just wanna pick your back for lice baby, don't fight it

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

BigBoss posted:

op is a kind of mental retardation.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
wrong wrong wrong

ur a moran, please fellate a gun barrel and dont forget to cup the balls

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

Apthous posted:

There was this one kid I went to high school with that was the most outgoing person I have ever met. He chatted with everyone, was super friendly, remembered people's names, remembered birthdays, and remebered other little things about people. He was also extremely autistic.

The difference between him and you people, is that I am pretty sure he knew he was a little screwy. You people don't seem to have that level of self awareness.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
I tend not to make eye contact because consistent eye contact makes other people uncomfortable including me. Just stop. Stop looking at me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
I HATE BLACK MAN LETS VOTE FOR loving MANIACS!!

• Locked thread