Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

what kind of a world do we live in where a pro wrestler's vanity pasta restaurant is reduced to a parking lot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

:rip:

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
we eat here

Gunky Junket
Oct 30, 2014

by Ralp
I wouldn't even park there.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

do you think this is real?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
he should of coordinated with randy savage to open a restraunt across the street so people could watch them yell at each other.

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
That building in the background looks familiar, is that in Minneapolis? If so I'm heading down there and taking one of those awnings.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i bet the pasta was overcooked as gently caress

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Sweet Tea posted:

do you think this is real?

my idea for a restaurant is to do a mix n match idea like this for pasta but ramp it up to the max, give people tons of veggie, sauce, meat options to combine

itd be called pastabilities

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

saucepportunities

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mean Gene's Burgers is apparently dead, too.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

That building in the background looks familiar, is that in Minneapolis? If so I'm heading down there and taking one of those awnings.

The only Pastamania was at Mall of America and it became a McDonald's almost a decade ago.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

Yeah, Pastamania was located in the Mall of America. I think that was the only location it ever had, but I'm not 100% sure.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
would

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

The towing company that has a sign there has a 612 area code, so yeah, gotta be Minneapolis.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I know exactly where that is. The building in the background is the biggest eyesore in the city.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Infidel Castro posted:

The towing company that has a sign there has a 612 area code, so yeah, Twin Cities.

Pretty sure that those are the Cedar-Riverside Towers in the background. One of the Brutalist abominations that the 70's shat out on Minneapolis that the city council is unwilling to get rid of.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

Pretty sure that those are the Cedar-Riverside Towers in the background. One of the Brutalist abominations that the 70's shat out on Minneapolis that the city council is unwilling to get rid of.

From what I hear they're also pretty much terrible, run down projects on the inside now too. poo poo like water leaks that have never been fixed on high floors.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

TheJoker138 posted:

From what I hear they're also pretty much terrible, run down projects on the inside now too. poo poo like water leaks that have never been fixed on high floors.

Nah, dog. They dumped $150 million into them a couple years back. They aren't fancy, but they've got their poo poo straight.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
and there i was, barely knowing nuggets was a kind of pasta. all those wasted years

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
How coked up was The Hulkster when he endorsed that?

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
I remember moving to Minneapolis and seeing that building for the first time. "That's some '70s-rear end poo poo right there," I said.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Too busy rubbing oil on his daughters rear end to run a restaurant :vince:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

Nah, dog. They dumped $150 million into them a couple years back. They aren't fancy, but they've got their poo poo straight.

Well that's good, at least. They should still burn the fuckers to the ground, though. Or at least get rid of the ugly rear end multicolored window cover poo poo.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if I were macho man randy savage I would open a stand called 'nacho madness'

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

TheJoker138 posted:

Well that's good, at least. They should still burn the fuckers to the ground, though. Or at least get rid of the ugly rear end multicolored window cover poo poo.

I lived next to them for five years. One night, I dreamed that I bought an old German 88 from WWII and just started shelling them. It was the best dream that I ever had.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I bet you could reopen Pastamania in Portland right now and hipsters would go nuts over it.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i would eat at a pastamania. you don't have to be a hipster to do that

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Revolting, also the food looks bad

Wertjoe
May 10, 2007

Hogan couldn't even keep it open with his Thundermixer money

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
The Mad Lies of Hulk Hogan is essential reading

https://franticplanet.wordpress.com/2012/03/09/the-mad-lies-of-hulk-hogan/

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Wertjoe posted:

Hogan couldn't even keep it open with his Thundermixer money

fortunately, his meat shoes were a pretty big seller in tajikistan

BunnySkull
Jan 28, 2005

TABLOID JUNKIE
UNIDENTIFIED SOURCES SAID IT SO IT MUST BE TRUE!

Zeroisanumber posted:

Actually if someone bothered to redo those solid panels with some decent paint and colors it would be a hell of a lot better looking than almost all of the new pre-fab, strip mall, generic looking crap the last 35 years has plagued us with.

Not really brutalism either, more case study aesthetic.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

Yeah, Pastamania was located in the Mall of America. I think that was the only location it ever had, but I'm not 100% sure.

Found it: http://heavytable.com/pastamania-necromancy-with-the-west-bank-social-center/

http://westbanksocialcenter.org/post/273339206/the-incredible-saga-of-hulk-hogans-pastamania

quote:

The Incredible Saga of Hulk Hogan’s Pastamania!

Chapter 1: Hulk Hogan’s Pastamania! opens at the Mall of America in Bloomington, MN. (Resources: Actual video from the grand opening. Promotional photograph.)
Chapter 2: Hulk Hogan’s Pastamania! closes, shortly after opening at the Mall of America in Bloomington, MN.
Chapter 3: An indeterminate amount of time passes.
Chapter 4: The sign from Hulk Hogan’s Pastamania! resurfaces on the awning of an abandoned building in the West Bank neighborhood of Minneapolis, MN. (Resource: Tim Kiser’s photograph - seen above - and investigative reporting.)
Chapter 4: The sign from Hulk Hogan’s Pastamania! disappears and said abandoned building is torn down. Minneapolis weeps…(Resource: Reid Priedhorsky’s documentation of the sign’s disappearance and said building’s demise, in reverse chronological order.)

The End.

Or so we thought…

On Monday, December 14th, come be a part of history as the West Bank Social Center writes the next chapter in this most amazing of stories (and eats way too much spaghetti). This is a one night only event you will not want to miss.

Like a pheonix from the ashes, Hulk Hogan’s Pastamania! will rise again! More information on Facebook.

- Colin
December 7, 2009

But how did the sign get there, before the hipster one night only revival?

More urban decay photography here: http://blog.reidster.net/search/label/hulk%20hogan%27s%20pastamania

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
the struggle is real
-quote from hulk hogan, standing infront of post apocalypse "spaghettimania" restaurant sign

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

BunnySkull posted:

Actually if someone bothered to redo those solid panels with some decent paint and colors it would be a hell of a lot better looking than almost all of the new pre-fab, strip mall, generic looking crap the last 35 years has plagued us with.

Not really brutalism either, more case study aesthetic.

gently caress you and gently caress the Cedar-Riverside Towers. When I'm near them their ugliness thuds in my head like a hangover.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

LifeSizePotato posted:

fortunately, his meat shoes were a pretty big seller in tajikistan

i saw a pair at goodwill the other day and i checked if there was still a bit of meat in the drawers but no dice

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

gently caress you and gently caress the Cedar-Riverside Towers. When I'm near them their ugliness thuds in my head like a hangover.

I'm with you. Redoing the panels would make them less terrible, but they'd still be plenty terrible. Our skyline here is great except for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
He probably railed his daughter on the salad station at least once.

• Locked thread