Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

do this for a while:

it will help your vision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
do you have health insurance op?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

op move to a nation which isnt utterly cruel where accidents like this wont ruin you financially

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
gonna laugh my rear end off when doctors tell him "yup our tests indicate you did hit your head heres a 25 cent tylenol get some rest and give us $3000"
if this had happened to a kid then yeah take em to the er

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Can you play the piano? Could you before?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
take the ambulance. if they charge too much the you should lodge a peel

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

BeefThief posted:

Just typing the thread title was extremely taxing...pretty much what it says. I slipped on some carrot peels in my kitchen and hit my head on the corner of a wooden cutting board and then the floor, and now my vision is all messed up. What should I do...do you think I need a doctor?

Sorry bro, you have ebola

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I'm pretty sure it's nothing serious, this just hasn't happend before. If I dont start to get better I'll do the uber ambulance exploit. I do have some kind of health insurance with like a health savings account but theres only 500 dollars in it and i dont know what the rest of my coverage is. all I know is it's open enrollment and my rates are going up.

I have pretty bad vision normally (nearsighted) and my contacts are still in, should I take them out? I don't have glasses and don't know where my other pair is so I don't want to take them out and make my vision even worse. I'm like 4 inches from my monitor to even be able to type this.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

RideTheSpiral posted:

take the ambulance. if they charge too much the you should lodge a peel

Do not take the amber lamps, just take a cab. Ambulance is expensive as gently caress and we don't want to deal with your bullshit problems.

Edit: Your contacts aren't the problem, dipshit.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Go ahead and call an ambulance; they'll only harvest your organs before you die.
Idiot should of known better than trying to exist in USA

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
if you dont feel like its a struggle to stay awake its probably safe to take a nap
dont assist your sleep with any pills or alcohol cause i heard rem sleep is good

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

if you go to sleep be aware that you may not wake up

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you probably have a concussion

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
also practice your peripheral vision instead of just staring at a tiny computer monitor directly in front of you in the dark

TEAYCHES posted:

if you go to sleep be aware that you may not wake up
never stops being true :ohdear:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

What is the treatment for a concussion? I'm not saying I definitely have one but what canthe hospital do that I can't? I might as well just admit that I also don't want to go to the hospital or get an MRI because I'm really really high and too claustrophobic for the MRI machine. If I can ride this out I'll be really solid but what do you do for a concussion?

I'm not going to go to sleep for a while I think...I'm nervous that I'm pretty tired but it's also really late so I don't know.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
for real it will be lovely if the op dies

do not die you rear end in a top hat!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
There's nothing the hospital will do that you can't - treatment for a concussion is to rest and try not to think a lot (really).

If you vomit, go to the hospital. Otherwise idk play it by ear. The only thing a hospital can really do is scan your head to make sure you aren't internally bleeding (pretty unlikely unless you bashed your head really good).

There's no need to avoid sleeping as long as no new symptoms arise and your current ones don't get worse.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

BeefThief posted:

What is the treatment for a concussion?
theres nothing you do for your brain in situations where there isnt an immediate threat
tylenol or aspirin is an anti inflammatory anti coagulant youll want to take with some water
after a while you can sleep confident its as safe as ever

if you have trouble remaining conscious or start vomiting or any other emergency symptom then you need emergency care

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf

BeefThief posted:

What is the treatment for a concussion? I'm not saying I definitely have one but what canthe hospital do that I can't? I might as well just admit that I also don't want to go to the hospital or get an MRI because I'm really really high and too claustrophobic for the MRI machine. If I can ride this out I'll be really solid but what do you do for a concussion?

I'm not going to go to sleep for a while I think...I'm nervous that I'm pretty tired but it's also really late so I don't know.

do you have anyone who can come over and watch you in case you die?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I'll be cool, thanks guys. I really have to finish this soup and I'm almost there. I probably have enough carrots anyway and if I start puking, I'll definitely call for an uber/lyft

E: Just so I know, what does it mean if I do start puking? What's the hospital going to do then?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i saw in a movie where they could fix brain damage with lasers
now the movie took place in the future but it was made in the past so they can probably do this in hospitals now

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
only a fool would return to the carrot soup!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

BeefThief posted:

Just so I know, what does it mean if I do start puking? What's the hospital going to do then?
it means theyre going to figure it out as they go along but at least youre in a hospital

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Marvin Freeman posted:

this soup's not gonna make itself, ok?

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
okay op, here's the deal BEFEFTHIEF.

make sure to post at 7:32am ET tomorrow so that we know you are alive

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Marvin Freeman posted:

this soups has tasted blood and is cursed, only misfortune can befall those who partake

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
use leftover bacon fat to enhance the flavor of any vegetable soup
it wont be a sin for other peoples religions if they dont know :ssh:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

BeefThief posted:

I'll be cool, thanks guys. I really have to finish this soup and I'm almost there. I probably have enough carrots anyway and if I start puking, I'll definitely call for an uber/lyft

E: Just so I know, what does it mean if I do start puking? What's the hospital going to do then?

Brain scan & monitor yr condition.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BeefThief posted:

it means you have an injury that isn't going to heal on its own, and you might bleed in your brain until the pressure kills you or you just bleed out

brain scan for sure, depending on results they might have to drill a hole into your skull to drain fluid and relieve pressure

This is pretty unlikely unless you hit your head really hard

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Nov 8, 2014

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the more pressing matter is whether or not ops cutting board was directly above an indian burial ground medical science cant fix that one

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
you should probably go to the hospital.
you can haggle the bill later.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
also next time someone in your life starts jabbering on about how private health care is the best thing ever tell them they are a loving idiot because this exact reason is why civilized countries have cheap public options.

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

hey i dont really care about the op but i have to say that is a drat fine duck av

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tsinava posted:

you should probably go to the hospital.
you can haggle the bill later.

yeah if worst comes to worst you can always just not pay them

I did that for a $1200 ER bill they mailed me once (because gently caress them all they did was make me wait 2 hours then gave me a pill and told me to go home and drink a poo poo ton of water and I paid $110 while I was in there) and it pretty much just went away.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Okay I'm not gonna try to finish the soup, I'll try to get that done tomorrow. I was just prepping for the most part anyway, and I'm sure peeled carrots will stay fresh in the fridge...I'll just put them in some water or something. I think my vision is getting a little bit better so I will probably pass out in a few, maybe chill another minute. I'll try to get on tomorrow if I can to check in but I'm sure I'll be alright.

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf

Highly Unnecessary posted:

hey i dont really care about the op but i have to say that is a drat fine duck av

THANKS FRIEND.

your eel is p cool as well.

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf

BeefThief posted:

Okay I'm not gonna try to finish the soup, I'll try to get that done tomorrow. I was just prepping for the most part anyway, and I'm sure peeled carrots will stay fresh in the fridge...I'll just put them in some water or something. I think my vision is getting a little bit better so I will probably pass out in a few, maybe chill another minute. I'll try to get on tomorrow if I can to check in but I'm sure I'll be alright.

op is loving dead

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
thinking youre gonna be alright is usually the first indicator that youre gonna die a horrible death
twice as certain if you are black unless you are indifferent to finding faults in the intergroup social conflicts around you insofar as it is not helpful to escaping/preventing the threatening paranormal dangers and are partnered with a sensible white woman who is repentant of her faults which put her in this situation

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

:rip: beefthief
he had no av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
This has happened to me, get a 10 hour nights sleep and it goes away.

• Locked thread