Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

i love talking to inanimate objects tbf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

uh did no one tell amazon this is available for free on literally every single ios, android and windows mobile device

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Momohime Katsumi posted:

It's like Siri in a tube or something. I just want something in my house that will finally listen to me.......unlike my wife!! lol
She doesn't listen cuz she's busy playing with her echo chamber

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Torka posted:

uh did no one tell amazon this is available for free on literally every single ios, android and windows mobile device

they could double their sales if they made it respond to the term computer instead of alexa

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Fetus Tree posted:

they could double their sales if they made it respond to the term computer instead of alexa

there's a free app that lets you change the activation phrase for google now on android and I'd be surprised if there wasn't an equivalent on ios for siri

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i was trying to figure out wtf amazon was thinking since really anybody that would even want this almost undoubtedly already has this functionality (as has been stated here already)

but then i remembered how many gotta catch em all type tech weirdos and amazon fanatics there are and tbh this thing will end up probably selling ok, especially if the bluetooth speaker its actually high quality

if its a quality speaker i would get one for $100 tbh, assuming it was at least $100 worth of speaker quality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Torka posted:

there's a free app that lets you change the activation phrase for google now on android and I'd be surprised if there wasn't an equivalent on ios for siri

There is no activation phrase for Siri it is a button press or hold. This is configurable with an app though.

I am planning on getting one purely for the ask it a question about something random feature.

• Locked thread